Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: New Mount: Snow Mammoth

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Funcom has announced the addition of the new Snow Mammoth mount with the latest update to Age of Conan.

With today's update, a new player mount has found its way to Hyboria. The fierce Snow Mammoth!

The war painted Snow Mammoth is now available in-game at the NPC mount vendors and comes in three different looks. Besides being a very stylish player mount, the Snow Mammoth - like its brown brother the War Mammoth - can be used in siege PvP-battles to attack enemies and destroy structures.

Read more here.

Comments

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716

wait are you telling me that they are worrying about mounts over the directx10 content and the endgame stuff they need to implement in?

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Wait...what?  Err what's so different about this mammoth besides the obvious recolouring?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by jinxit

Wait...what?  Err what's so different about this mammoth besides the obvious recolouring?

Obviously, the difference is that everyone can get it ingame, as opposed to the War mammoth which was available only with the preorder boxes.

I think this is a huge difference, isn't it?

• SpellshaperSpellshaper Member UncommonPosts: 419

You can get this one in game... and why are you asking stupid questions if you know s*it about the game and obviously not playing?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by xbellx777

wait are you telling me that they are worrying about mounts over the directx10 content and the endgame stuff they need to implement in?

You seem to think development teams can only work on one thing at a time.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by xbellx777

You seem to think development teams can only work on one thing at a time.

i was just thinking that they would add stuff like this after they got their bigger patches out (the dx10 and all of that) but i guess im wrong. it prolly isnt that hard to code into the game anyways

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Spellshaper

You can get this one in game... and why are you asking stupid questions if you know s*it about the game and obviously not playing?

You're right, I don't play it. Thats because I'm not prepared to shell out for a processor and board that will allow me to play it, doesn't mean I'm not interested in the game either and my question was serious from the standpoint of someone who doesn't play because of system requirements.

I didn't know the original mammoth wasn't available to subscribers either but hey this information is only useful to current players isn't it, not at all put up here for anyone and everyone to view and comment on right?

You could have just posted that the mammoth wasn't available to all subscribers...you know be informative to the ingnorant? But no you had to blast me instead.

@BigMango Thank you for clearing up the mammoth thing for me.

• DraltarDraltar Member Posts: 15

Siege battles are non-existent.

First was useless

This version is exactly the same.

Whooppy.....  all players can get a mammoth now....  how frigging useful.

• BogSvarogBogSvarog Member Posts: 98

So, for the people that have bought the Collectors, what is going to be the advantage? We dont get in-game non-combat pets, which is what Blizzard did, or anything of that sort, all we get is some ring that only stops working at level 30 or 40, and a cape, which is comepletely useless, because its a complement to the drunken brawling feature. And so, even in-game mounts like the Mammoth which is what I have, NOW EVERYONE CAN BUY IT! What makes the AoC CE special? I dont know if its the cheap material that was used or the cheap rewards...you decide :)

• miottomiotto Member Posts: 14

Great Add Funcom!! thank you for this mount.

Dont get attention from player who got level 80 in first 15 days after release. They know nothing about the game.  AoC still a great game in all this passed months.

I play since release, my rpiest is level 66, cause i play this game for his history. If powerleveling guys, grind guys talk bullsghit about the game,  get away from him.

The game is great, some bugs but is great. when i get level 80, ill do all end game content, and wait for more updates. Continue ur great job.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

LOL snow mammoth. Can you have a snow version of a creature that's already originally well adapted for arctic type weather survival?

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

oh wow snow mamoth so great

most probably u need to buy the expansion to use it