Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tell me about archlord

kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

Hello,

I've played Archlord just after it went free

But i quited because I moved back to wow

But now I'm thinking to give archlord a try again

I don't have a f2p mmo at the moment only p2p's

So how is archlord now? please only answers of people who are playing the game. Whats the community like now? goldspammers? tell me about it! still grindy? lots of grouping?

tnx!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
waiting for ... nothing..

Comments

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

It seems to be an good f2p game if you are wondering about the gameplay. But the graphic is horrible with an 24" screen ;_; ive tried to maxed the settings with ATI´s CCC but it still looks plain ugly.

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• damnboydamnboy Member Posts: 2

I am playing archlord right no so i think if u play wow since i play, u dont like archlord or some other f2p crap .. Im not saying it is bad or something, its good game, but not like it should be. You can play in some really good wow private servers. Playing in private wow i get more fun than playing some archlord in global .. its just i have this problem :D I DONT WANT TO PLAY WOW but i so love mmorpgs and i cant find any like it.. I dont know but any of them i tried, get bored for about one week gaming .. and its sucks dude ..

• RoleplayerRoleplayer Member Posts: 3

Archlord is good F2P MMORPG. Also PvP is fun there .

• 883448883448 Member Posts: 12

archlord is simmular to wow, elfs humanorc and shit, if u've played wo before u'll notice

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Lol Archlord is in no way anything even remotely similar to wow. Other than the fact that they are both mmo's with a leveling system. If you want a much more accurate comparison, I would say Archlord is more like Lineage 2 and its many clones (of which Archlord is one). It's a decent game not too bad not too good. You could  definately do worse than Archlord, and I'd say it's up in the top 10 for free mmos.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I'm not the best qualified to answer your question, as I have only played Archlord until lev 20.

To me it is better than the average f2p, as the graphics have a very distinctive and pleasent feel.  This IMO is one of Archlord's strong points.  It's so polished looking that you would expect it to have a AAA pedigree.  It also has a very intuitive and satisfying combat system, not the twitch combat of say, Diablo, but still a lot quicker and smoother than most MMO's.

This is all good fun for a while, but thereafter some of the negatives really start to grate.

For instance, the game tries to convey the same sense of 'fantasy comedy' which other games such as WoW, or the single player game Fable have.  However, the jokes do not really translate to a Western audience, and so the humour is poor, almost a tad moronic.   One positive though is at least the text is formatted.  In a lot of these games it is not, such as LastChoas for example, where the quest text is all over the place, and is so distracting that it ruins any sense of immersion that would otherwise be gained from reading it.

Also, as is the norm with this bloody games, the grind soon becomes the chief gameplay mechanic.

I really cannot get my head around why so many people enjoy such a bland, banal gameplay experience.  I suppose I shall never understand the Korean mind-set that seems to revel in such titles.  And no matter how smartly this game is dressed, it is still at the end of the day an Asian grind-fest.

If you enjoy this sub genre of games, then Archlord might be the game for you.

Otherwise, I would try and save up money to play a decent MMO.  (In my experience, no free to play game has been anywhere as near as good as a pay2play)