Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i ordered my cheap gaming rig parts...

BalterBalter Member Posts: 1,015

Specs will be as follows:

• Core 2 Duo e7200 2.53GHz
  • 4GB 800MHz RAM (2x2gb dual channel)
  • Sapphire Radeon 4850 512mb
  • BIOSTAR 945GC-M7 TE
  • Windows Vista OEM 32-bit
  • Seagate Barracuda 250gb harddrive
  • Generic black case with 550watt power supply.

So my question here is, since Vista is OEM and i dont want to lock it to my motherboard until i know it works, is there any way i can assure all my hardware works before i install vista onto the harddrive?

Thanks.

My build: Sapphire Radeon HD 4850, Asus P5GC-MX/1333 Motherboard, 4gb G.SKILL DDR2 667MHz RAM, Core 2 Duo e7200 CPU, 250gb Western Digital SATA Harddrive, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit.

Comments

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Linux pendrive

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• jaysinsjaysins Member UncommonPosts: 107

You actually can call them up and they should give you another product key. But the pen drive is a perfectly viable method as well. With 4 gbs of memory I would recommend the 64-bit version of windows so that all of your memory is used as well as 64-bit support has gotten very good.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I messed up when I said that Windows writes its product key to a motherboard with OEMs.  It actually writes to your HDD.

• jaajfjajjaajfjaj Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Balter

Core 2 Duo e7200 2.53GHz
    4GB 800MHz RAM (2x2gb dual channel)
    Sapphire Radeon 4850 512mb
    BIOSTAR 945GC-M7 TE
    Windows Vista OEM 32-bit
    Seagate Barracuda 250gb harddrive
    Generic black case with 550watt power supply.

So my question here is, since Vista is OEM and i dont want to lock it to my motherboard until i know it works, is there any way i can assure all my hardware works before i install vista onto the harddrive?

Thanks.

I think you can change your mb to be suitable to your other good components.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

windows vista does not write or lock itself to your motherboard......it does get an ID of your MB and Proc and when you register it, it saves the data to that key, but if for any reason you need to change your mobo or proc, you CAN install it again, all it takes is a 2 minute phone call to MS and you get a new registration number. Trust me, done it a thousand times

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by jaajfjaj

Originally posted by Balter

Core 2 Duo e7200 2.53GHz
    4GB 800MHz RAM (2x2gb dual channel)
    Sapphire Radeon 4850 512mb
    BIOSTAR 945GC-M7 TE
    Windows Vista OEM 32-bit
    Seagate Barracuda 250gb harddrive
    Generic black case with 550watt power supply.

Thanks.

I think you can change your mb to be suitable to your other good components.

Hardly matters, i have same rig but with a 160gb HD and i still streamroll cryis on max