Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PLZ HELP!!! what to resub to?

WOTDOUPLAYWOTDOUPLAY Member Posts: 139

Ok guys, i am not playing a mmo atm, i am really looking foward to darkfall.........but i cant see that comming out for atleast 1 year +.

Age of conan. i really liked but..........everyone knows why 70% of people didnt resub.

WAR. Really liked it but it felt.......dead, iv herd good things about this game lately but ehh??

LOTRO. Loved this game but the lack of pvp kinda felt...lame? + i could barely run on my old pc. but now i have a new one i can run it easy as pie.

Or if any of you would like to suggest i try a new game?? plz give me a hand

AWEG RJN

Comments

• Ebonix00Ebonix00 Member Posts: 57

Personally I would wait until January 1st before I resub/buy anything just because I like to save money.  By Jan. 1st you'll know if Darkfall is going to be released and you'll be able to read everyone's first impressions to see whether it's good or not. 

If I really wanted an MMO to play.. I would go with WAR.  I have not played AoC so I can't comment but WAR will give you some great PvP and by now the servers are all leveled so the RvR is at it's prime... the game also has PQ's and a few dungeons to feed some of those random PvE cravings.

This is actually my game plan.. I'm waiting to see what happens in January with Darkfall and if all goes wrong I'll be resubbing to WAR.

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Why don't you just pick up a f2p sandbox? That should keep you busy for a month.

• WOTDOUPLAYWOTDOUPLAY Member Posts: 139

Thanks for the advice ebon, ill wait untill jnauary 1st. I really do hope that darkfall will be out, but i just have so many doubts  

plus i herd that it wont be sold in retail stores??? you can only purchase the download?? seems like a really dumb idea to me  Any1 know if this is true or not?

AWEG RJN

• gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304

What MMO have you had the most fun in and why?

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499
    Originally posted by WOTDOUPLAY

Thanks for the advice ebon, ill wait untill jnauary 1st. I really do hope that darkfall will be out, but i just have so many doubts  
    plus i herd that it wont be sold in retail stores??? you can only purchase the download?? seems like a really dumb idea to me  Any1 know if this is true or not?

I heard it was free download + subscriptions. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Probly AoC. Cos me and my rl mates would destroy people on the white sand isles or whatever heheheh. but that got boring =[
    Then id say LOTRO just experiencing the great story that the game has! great community, guild housing is wicked fun lol.
    And WAR. scenarios were a lot of fun!!! but yea they got kinda boring =

whyd you leave AOC and LOTRO??

AoC got boring around lvl 34, and most my real life mates quit because of the bugs/grind at the endgame. so yea! we were gonna go back in like a few months but we were like...eh fk it

Lotro i quit because my old pc could barely run it and it looked real bad on my old p.o.s pc, so me and my mates then went back 2 wow...... "" which i playd for a week then was like......o.m.g how the fk can people play this game?? the endless crap you have to do to get max lvl/gear is ridicleous, atleast with war lotro and aoc you could have fun from lvl 1.

I also didnt liek that fact that wow is 100% gear based in pvp. AoC was great because you could use a lot of tactics etc to win battles, plus i liked the system which made you use the arrow keys to use ur powerfull attacks. was good

AWEG RJN

AoC got boring around lvl 34, and most my real life mates quit because of the bugs/grind at the endgame. so yea! we were gonna go back in like a few months but we were like...eh fk it
    Lotro i quit because my old pc could barely run it and it looked real bad on my old p.o.s pc, so me and my mates then went back 2 wow...... "" which i playd for a week then was like......o.m.g how the fk can people play this game?? the endless crap you have to do to get max lvl/gear is ridicleous, atleast with war lotro and aoc you could have fun from lvl 1.
    I also didnt liek that fact that wow is 100% gear based in pvp. AoC was great because you could use a lot of tactics etc to win battles, plus i liked the system which made you use the arrow keys to use ur powerfull attacks. was good

Well from your own words Id say you should go back to either AOC or LOTRO. If you more interested in the awesome story and lore of LOTRO go for that. If you want the fun fast paced combat and awesome graphics of AOC go for that. (By the way if you left for bugs I can safely say this is one of the most stable games you can find now, Im not sure what your reffering to with the grind? But theres tons new quests and an entire new zone Ymirs Pass in now so its pretty smooth sailing all the way to 80)

Hope that helps, I wouldnt count on any good games coming out in the near future from the look of things, but if one does pop out of thin air it wouldnt be hard to switch to it from whatever game your playing.

yea man i think ill wait till jan the first of 2009.  and if darkfall is atleast a few months away ill go back to lotro....unless the population on aoc is up!

AWEG RJN

Not a bad idea. AOC should have server merges and DX10 implemented before then so it would be a good time to go back to it. LOTRO just had their expansion released and had a big surge in players so it would also be a good game to go back to right now.

• Ebonix00Ebonix00 Member Posts: 57

I also have my doubts about Darkfall, heh, but I'm hoping for the best. 

The only thing I can say about the game not being sold in Retail stores is... whatever random people say is bull until the someone legit can verify.  If the game does turn out to be Direct2Drive or "download from site only" I have no problem with it, as long as it sold by a legit company, because the cases of my games just end up in the back of my closet some where.  The possibility of it not being sold in retail stores in the U.S. is still there being that most of the games' advertisement takes no place here in the U.S.