Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGG says to not install their games on C: drive if you have Vista...

t0yb0xt0yb0x Member Posts: 201

Could anyone tell me why they'd say this?

I was planning to give Zu Online a try, but it says to not install the game to the C drive if you have Vista. Well, my laptop only have C on it and I'm not planning to partition. I poked around the site, but their forums are down so I cannot ask there.

So if anyone has an answer, please share. Seems a bit odd that pretty much all the IGG games have this same "warning".

Thanks!

_______

Now Playing:
EQ2
Prior Games (in no order):
SWG, L2, RO, PT, ROSE, CoH/CoV, AO, UO, EVE, WoW and a bunch of others.
_______

Comments

• ObliviuzeObliviuze Member Posts: 12

Hi there!

I think it is because the game has a slight chance of crashing or not run properly, if it's installed on the C drive.. At least that's what I read some time ago..

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191

My guess would be more along the lines of....

The games are not written to run under Vista, therefore they save data to their program folders. If you install them on your C drive the Vista UAC will stop them from writing data when playing.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• BogSvarogBogSvarog Member Posts: 98

Simply fixed by the prompt when you start the launcher. What choice do Vista users have? To make a partition? What stupid moron would make a customer creat a partition just to play a game? Anywho, I installed it under C, and have had no problems, though the first time I started the game, it stopped responding for a few seconds, then came back.