Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Else Interested?

RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

Title essentially says it all.. Just curious if anyone else out there is interested in this game at all?  I've been following it for a good while now and if they can pull it off, I think it should be fairly interesting!  True it'll be geared more for kids, but there's nothing wrong with still liking Lego as an adult!  Infact I think some of the additions which are bound to be in the game will be a nice relief, ie "neutered chat" so you don't end up with endless bilge from pre-teens (think Goldshire).

If it's anything like a cross between Lego Racer and the Lego Starwars/Indy/Batman games in an MMO setting where you can build a house or who knows what, I would certainly be down for that!  Rock Raiders is a fun little game as well!

------------------------------------------------------------
You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

Comments

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

I'm very interested in it, I have two kids of my own that are just itching to try out there first mmo and I would like that to be lego universe, it just seems like the perfect family online game.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I'm also verry interested in it! I had loads and loads of lego when I was a kid, so the game could have something nostalgic for me ^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• RocktoberRocktober Member Posts: 118

That's a good point, as Lego has always been good about making games that the whole family can enjoy, and this could certainly be a great game for parents and kids to bond over.

I also have to agree about the nostalgia.. a few years back I secretly bought a whole bunch of those big sets I had wanted as a kid off eBay!  It was fun to play with them for a bit, and I'm sure most people would consider it a waste of money..but to me it was in a way completing a bit of childhood; to finally have the sets I had dreamed of while flipping through the mini catalogs each set came with!  It's probably why I've also been a big fan of the PC/console Lego games that have come out before, and if you haven't given those a try, I would certainly recommend them!  There's just something cute and fun about seeing a little Lego man running around picking up bricks and doing odd jobs!

You can't win - if you strike me down I shall respawn more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

I'll be playing the open pvp server so I can gank 5 year olds all day.

• soka_rokasoka_roka Member Posts: 15

im definately gona have a look :)  (im 13 almost 14 yrs old)

it probably seems immature but i also play a game called ROBLOX...

its lego and u can build your own game and stuff.

all my friends hate it tho..

i also play atlantica online 

• djVikingdjViking Member Posts: 1

looking forward to it

• joessasjoessas Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by ghoul31

I'll be playing the open pvp server so I can gank 5 year olds all day.

Win !

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by ghoul31

I'll be playing the open pvp server so I can get ganked  by 5 year olds all day.

Now it sounds about right :-P

• I CAN'T WAIT.

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

If only I was 6 again

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I bet many adults will find it entertaining too

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Universe

Gameplay

Lego has confirmed that Lego Universe will be cooperatively played with others to accomplish in-game tasks rather than player versus player gameplay.

• little_fazlittle_faz Member UncommonPosts: 80

I'll admit I'm interested, this is one I'll be keeping my eye on.

Originally posted by Nadia

Gameplay
    Lego has confirmed that Lego Universe will be cooperatively played with others to accomplish in-game tasks rather than player versus player gameplay.

I just wanted to point out that on the game's official FAQ it does mention that while it will not be a PvP-centric game, "there will be opportunities to compete with friends and other players in a variety of scenarios."  Whether that means actually battling friends or maybe more akin to say, time-trials/racing such as in Lego Racer, who knows but it should be fun either way! 

• MasterDr4v3nMasterDr4v3n Member Posts: 6

I am 20 years old and I love legos! Yes that is right, and G I Joes rule too! lol. I have been looking at this game for a while, I think if they take their time it will work. Being able to build anything in game will be extremely fun!

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

I am also very interested with the idea that Lego would create a MMORPG called "Lego Universe". Maybe I am more curious of the game itself rather than would actually play it, since games like this is geared to younger gamers and I doubt if the game itself will provide reasons for adults to play in it other than through mere curiosity. But if ever the game would stand up to attract adult gamers as well, then the game would be unique, in the sense that the game actually makes hardcore MMORPG gamers and newbies to come together and have the old-time lego fun.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by peteski123

If only I was 6 again

I never understood the whole Lego's mania either.......

• JTJT Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by Rocktober

Title essentially says it all.. Just curious if anyone else out there is interested in this game at all?  I've been following it for a good while now and if they can pull it off, I think it should be fairly interesting!  True it'll be geared more for kids, but there's nothing wrong with still liking Lego as an adult!  Infact I think some of the additions which are bound to be in the game will be a nice relief, ie "neutered chat" so you don't end up with endless bilge from pre-teens (think Goldshire).
    If it's anything like a cross between Lego Racer and the Lego Starwars/Indy/Batman games in an MMO setting where you can build a house or who knows what, I would certainly be down for that!  Rock Raiders is a fun little game as well!

I'll be willing to check it out.  Never played with legos myself.  Think someone could make a mmo based off Lincoln Logs or Erector set?  That's more my time frame.

• FunkwichFunkwich Member Posts: 7

I am not at all interested in this game.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

My 10 year old will be, He has all there games.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• kailomonkeykailomonkey Member Posts: 6

Lego Games are wonderful tongue-in-cheek humour, the kind that has a seemingly childish setting but is actualy full of humour for fully grown comedy fans! There's afew out there, and often adults miss out by assuming they're made for kids...

...that said, the games are also family friendly which is nice. I don't know how the satire will translate into an online game, if it is intended to atall. And I hope the family friendly atmosphere is maintained, moderated games are alot more pleasant to play than those full with flamers taking advantage of a world without responsibilities...

Basically, sounds good   What would amaze me is if they create the first MMO that doesn't involve killing stuff  

• PokemonTrainerRedPokemonTrainerRed Member UncommonPosts: 375

Ah, it's like being young again.

We all had construction toys of some sort. I personally was lego and the larger plastic ones which I can't remember the name of right now...

Damn...now I need to know...else I'm not going to be able to sleep.

Duplo?

Originally posted by Rocktober

Duplo?

No, wasn't that...they were bigger then lego, legs stuck together....

Playmobil?

Ahhh, yes Playmobil!  I always wanted some of those sets because they looked so cool.. I only ever got one little guy (Deepsea diver). 

I had the boat, it floated as well!