Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The only thing DAoC needs:

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

The only thing DAoC needs to do is upgrade their control scheme..

The game moves a little sluggish.

If they updated the movement and turning to be more like WoW/War, it would perfect.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It also needs to uppgrade it graphics a lot to attract new players.

Keeping the old is easier but the game currently looks dated and that makes it really hard to get in new people.

The question is if EA allows Mythic to use a lot of resources on the game.

• kverikkverik Member Posts: 55

Honestly speaking there not going to.... I love DaoC I myself had 8 lvl 50 hibs and logged atleast 200 days on my ranger so don't get me wrong I love the game.

The game is old with only 1-3k subscribers they arnt going to waste the time making such an upgrade.

Even if they did upgrade the system like this there is a chance that the 1-2k players would stop playing and DAoC has like I think they said 2-5 new players a month on average and about 10 returning if they screw up the control scheme its basically good game for DAoC and the 30,000-45,000$ a month income they get from it which isnt alot honestly speaking as it stands now the game is most likely losing money for mythic.

An average salery is around 40-50k meaning they could only higher like 10 staff members to break even and they companie is also pocketing some of the cash and some of it is going towards server costs... So they screw up the combat system the game is getting closed end of story...

• susanto1228susanto1228 Member Posts: 203

I've never played DOAC sadly but I was playing GW as a hardcore PVPer in there so I was busy with that, I am starting to get interested in DOAC, the classes and system seem great too me, the only thing keeping me from playing it is the graphics, sorry but it's 2008 and even GW back in 2004 looked better than DOAC.  IF mythic releases DOAC 2, i'm there.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Lustmord

The only thing DAoC needs to do is upgrade their control scheme..
    The game moves a little sluggish.
    If they updated the movement and turning to be more like WoW/War, it would perfect.

You know, I'm guessing part of why they did it was scale.  The original maps were not very large zones, and with the speed of EQ-like movement, players would find the invisible walls and boundaries of the world rather quickly.

Still, movement is realistic considering many folks wear mail or plate.  Can't move like a basketball player while wearing plate armor.

• FlarinstarFlarinstar Member Posts: 84

There isn't going to be a DAoC 2 so stop asking for it. The graphics are fine... MMOs are not about graphics their about playability, fun, and content and DAoC had the best of all this. 

Looking for a new game to play

• lolhahahalolhahaha Member Posts: 48

Theres nothing wrong with the graphics. What are you people talking about?

Sorry, if you want the Smurfs online than go play WOW. DAOC's graphics are pretty realistic and look good for what the game is about. It's not a light show, or neon pink armor land, so get over it.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

All DAoC needs to do is release Origins. Old DAoC players like myself will run back to play an old style server.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by minocin
    All DAoC needs to do is release Origins. Old DAoC players like myself will run back to play an old style server.

cosign

• lolhahahalolhahaha Member Posts: 48

I agree but you can already play something similar on Uthgard. The only problem is that there are more bugs and not as many people, but I've still seen 300+ on and that is way way up from last year when it was like 2-5 players.