Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please dont be another level based clone grind fest!

As the title states!

10 print "go home"
20 goto 10

Comments

• raizenlolraizenlol Member Posts: 25

wts kotor 1-2

• infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440

It Will be......It....will...be...

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

The Clone Wars!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

If you visited he site, you would already know it is going to be.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Well it may be a grindfest like most every other game. But if the gameplay is fun, and lots of content for each level...it won't be so bad.

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

disreguard the title of this thread and listen to this

MMOs are about time-investing grinds

it is THE thing that seperates it from other games such as FPS

WE NEED / WANT these

inexperienced (or unwise) singles who wish to bastardize the MMO for some stupid sandbox idea are not thinking clearly!

they're the type that would here the ideas of communism and go "Yeah! that sounds right!"

they dont stop to think that it doesnt work! lol

and anyway sandbox mmo doesnt even sound right

ask yourself this question, if you think sandbox mmo might be good, why would you have levels (which are necessary to be considered an MMO) in the first place if all you want to do is play a game where everything is flat and everyone is equal (except for skill)?  You might as well play an FPS game.. because an FPS game already provides that skill-based system (without the annoyance of some stupid levels)

no, in MMOs you have the significant difference from FPS games.. skill is not enough.  You have to be willing to invest the time into what you're going to do

cheer for the time-invest!

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

Originally posted by Sabradin

WE NEED / WANT these
    inexperienced (or unwise) singles who wish to bastardize the MMO for some stupid sandbox idea are not thinking clearly!
    they're the type that would here the ideas of communism and go "Yeah! that sounds right!"
    ask yourself this question, if you think sandbox mmo might be good, why would you have levels (which are necessary to be considered an MMO) in the first place if all you want to do is play a game where everything is flat and everyone is equal (except for skill)?  You might as well play an FPS game.. because an FPS game already provides that skill-based system (without the annoyance of some stupid levels)
    no, in MMOs you have the significant difference from FPS games.. skill is not enough.  You have to be willing to invest the time into what you're going to do

Blah blah blah.......blah blah blah...... blah blah. Who made you the #1 authority on what a fricken MMO is or should be. Your OPINION is preachy.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

Please don't be another OMG clone/grind thread!

... oh wait >_<

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by infrared1

WE NEED / WANT these

Blah blah blah.......blah blah blah...... blah blah. Who made you the #1 authority on what a fricken MMO is or should be. Your OPINION is preachy.

same could be said for those arguing against it.....flip of a coin....

• CyBloodreignCyBloodreign Member Posts: 33

What is wrong with people? Plzs give me one RPG; MMo or single player that did not have grinding in it. All games have grinding even damn sports games have grinding. Unless the game never advances your charcter pass the point at which he starts then it has grinding. The point of a good MMO is to make the grind fun or less noticable becuase the story and gameplay make you forget what you are doing.

If you don't like grinding out stuff better stick to platform games like Mario bothers and sonic the hedge hog etc....

There has never been and there will never be a achievment based game of any form that does not have grinding.

• CyBloodreignCyBloodreign Member Posts: 33

WE NEED / WANT these

Plzs enlighten me on how a non grind mmo would play. You must have some idea in your head of how that works. So plzs master of all that is right with the world explain how you have achiement based gaming with out doing stuff of any kind

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by CyBloodreign

WE NEED / WANT these

Plzs enlighten me on how a non grind mmo would play. You must have some idea in your head of how that works. So plzs master of all that is right with the world explain how you have achiement based gaming with out doing stuff of any kind

Everyone starts out at cap with ubah lewtz and an emote labeled "1337 pwner".  That's how it would work.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

It depends a lot on what you consider grind.

By my definition, grind is a repetetive, boring, mindless task that is basically just a time-sink to keep players at a certain level/skill/position in order to reach something they might want/need.

This can be, but is not limited to:

- Grinding Mobs to get questdrops which for some illogical reason do not drop every time (why the heck did that wolf have NO meat on him???)

- Going through stupendous, non-logical tasks that do not have any story/background/flair to them. (I want you to collect 1000 Pollen. Because I like them)

- Killing the same mobs in the same place, over and over again in order to get XP/SkillLevels

Things that i do not consider grind, but others do:

- Quest-Chains that have an intriguing story, but still require a large amount of work/time to be put into them, either because it is a long chain or because the individual steps are hard to accomplish. If the story of the quest is told well, it is not a grind for me.

- Slaying numeroes foes even of the same kind in a situation that has sufficient background for me to accept it (throwing back a charge by enemy forces/ leading an attack on same enemy forces etc)

In any case. TOR will be level-based, so you'll be disappointed there I guess. Clone...I don't really know what you mean, but I am guessing you are alluding to the fact that the game will (like EVERY other game) copy some features from existing MMO's (OH EM GEEE, IT HAZ A HEALTHBAR! TIZ A WOW CLONE!). In that case, again, you will be disappointed, as it is more than likely you will see a fair lot of features from other MMO's implemented here.

And the grind...well as i said...that is really something you'll have to decide for yourself. Judging from what BioWare said so far, I will not consider this game a grinder, because there will be stories to the quests that i can actually enjoy (this is based of my experience with BioWare's SP games, where I always enjoyed the stories to varying degrees).

Originally posted by miagisan

WE NEED / WANT these

same could be said for those arguing against it.....flip of a coin....

Oh soooo true.

• SabiancymSabiancym Member UncommonPosts: 3,150

It's going to be a level based, linear, "hold my hand I can't play on my own" pile.

PvP will be an afterthought with no impact on the world at all.  No reason to pvp other than just a kill count will be in game.   

It will be an RPers/Carebear paradise.

I 150% guarantee it.

oh realy?

Maybe you should read this

• sandboxysandboxy Member Posts: 153

WoW with pewpew's.

Oh, and prettie colored lazerswords ZOMG!

and you know this how?

have you heard about the game's features? tell me about the classes? quests? storyline? crafting?

OH WAIT...HAHAH...you CAN'T!

oh realy?
    Maybe you should read this

I have read it.  Go read the SWG description of PvP.  It's the exact same thing, but it means nothing in game.

I got out of that interview that it will be a 1 player rpg based in an online world.

ok .... hope you enjoy Darkfall /snicker

and you know this how?
    have you heard about the game's features? tell me about the classes? quests? storyline? crafting?

And neither can you, so what's to say we're wrong and you're not?

Originally posted by Sabiancym

and you know this how?

Nothing. But at least we don't attempt to pass off our thoughts as fact. Like someone in this thread saying that his opinion is 150% guaranteed to be true.

Originally posted by singsofdeath

and you know this how?

Nothing. But at least we don't attempt to pass off our thoughts as fact. Like someone in this thread saying that his opinion is 150% guaranteed to be true.

Bingo...glad there's still some rational thoughts left on this forum

and you know this how?

Oh cmon, it's called exaggeration, it's a literary device to show a strong opinion on something.

And damn near every post on this board has people saying "This game will be the best game ever."!

How is that any different?

and you know this how?

Oh cmon, it's called exaggeration, it's a literary device to show a strong opinion on something.

And damn near every post on this board has people saying "This game will be the best game ever."!

How is that any different?

Nothing. If a man jumps off a bridge, do you jump, too?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Just because there's extremist flamers and fanbois around, why do you have to sink to their level.

And posting a supposed outcome of a game that makes it look bad, and then citing that as truth, regardless of if you want to exaggerate or not, is aggrevating at best. Just as agrrevating as people who say this game will be the second coming.