Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First bots spotted in Aion

FihtheninjaFihtheninja Member Posts: 40

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/general-discussion/9340-first-bots-aion.html

And thus the epic battle between hackers and developers begins.

Comments

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

It will be a never ending battle.  About the only way a game could stop this is to require a social security number and ban by that.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

It is unfortunate but there is NO game thats trully free from botters, hackers. Hell even CoH which has no gear have people selling influence etc lol.

• Aranu789Aranu789 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Its sad but true. Even with all the security and etc.. they'll still find a way around it all. The Only "Only" way to get rid of them is if we don't buy from them.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Just ban the account so they will have to go and buy a new DVD each time they get caught.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• FihtheninjaFihtheninja Member Posts: 40

^^^^^^^^

Thats the best way to do it, also put a easy  "report spam" and "report bot" buttons around to flag spamers and bots to the gms

• LordDevilLordDevil Member UncommonPosts: 253

Dont worry... botter will have a hard time in Aion and they will not affect us in any way :) ! Since Aion is not like L2, most of the Aion game mechanics are made against botting, which means its nearly sensless to do so.

I am playin the Korean Open Beta right now and have yet to see any bot... maybe this was a guy running around with a keyboard scripted targeting & attack macro... thats all :)

Kind regards,

LD

Currently playing: Archeage
    Waiting for: Black Desert

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255

since my first steps in lineage2 4+ years ago im amazed why devs allow makros in game.

does it really help the majority of the players to do a /target or /targetNext and /attack or /follow or isnt it basicly an easy entry point for botters ?

the more you have to manually target everything by clicking on it or actively swinging your sword the harder it gets for botters

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347

I don't really see how botting is going to be any useful. 

1) you definitely don't get as much XP as questing.

2) any ultra rare items will definitely not drop from soloable monsters

3) Inventory is not insanely huge.

4) NCsoft intentionally made payment as 30 days 300 hours or 90days 900 hours to prevent botters or farmers...

4) There's really no merit in botting, because you'd be wasting valuable play time, unless your planning to play one hour a day.

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Bots are to MMOs as oxygen is to life unfortunately. We can minimise them, but until people stop buying from them they'll be there.

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by mugengaia

4) NCsoft intentionally made payment as 30 days 300 hours or 90days 900 hours to prevent botters or farmers...
    4) There's really no merit in botting, because you'd be wasting valuable play time, unless your planning to play one hour a day.

am i reading this right that you are limited to 300h ingame (10h/day) if you buy a 30day subscription ?

that would actually be very much to my liking, i even always envied korean l2 players for having a "relaxed server" with even more limited gametime

i hope this comes to us/eu as well, or maybe as an option for some servers so that hardcore gamers dont start to yell

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• mugengaiamugengaia Member Posts: 347
    Originally posted by craynlon

am i reading this right that you are limited to 300h ingame (10h/day) if you buy a 30day subscription ?

that would actually be very much to my liking, i even always envied korean l2 players for having a "relaxed server" with even more limited gametime

i hope this comes to us/eu as well, or maybe as an option for some servers so that hardcore gamers dont start to yell

yep, that's exactly how it is.  30 days 300hours or 90 days 900 hours.  There's ingame market and personal shops...(which kinda makes the personal shops useless.  People use the personal shops to stay logged in game, because if your inactive for so long hours the game will shut it self down.)

GRIND sucks? You wanna be max level in a month?
    Since when did society award easy-goers and lazy-fools?
    MAKES ME PHOBIC OF STUPIDITY!

• Beso1337Beso1337 Member Posts: 12

i personaly think that any account thats found using bot systems or whatever should get a permanent !!!!

• caemsgcaemsg Member Posts: 105

why not look for the signs of people buying gold and track it back to the sccounts that are selling if you find an account that is doing heaps of unbalanced trades would it not be easy to just ban every account that made an unbalanced trade to that accound then put up a news post every month saying we banned this many botters and RM Traders this month sure it would take a bit and the botters would find out after a while but what way is there to get around it the mechanics can be made to specifically make it easy to write such a program and stop the botters getting round it

additionally you could ban the CD keys that are botting or buying the currency so you make even more cash of extra box sales from botters that want to come back to try it again

and if you catch a few innocents you can impose a few draconian measures upon them to get the CD key unbanned

while it wont get all the bots it will get the buyers and the bots which is combating the problem on 2 fronts

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by craynlon

yep, that's exactly how it is.  30 days 300hours or 90 days 900 hours.  There's ingame market and personal shops...(which kinda makes the personal shops useless.  People use the personal shops to stay logged in game, because if your inactive for so long hours the game will shut it self down.)

I set up a stall in order to test this out. And guess what, I got timed out. I tried it 3 times. So going AFK or setting up a stall in order to just stay logged in the game does not work, You will get timed out.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Just ban the account so they will have to go and buy a new DVD each time they get caught.

nice one... and then spread  their remaining suscription time around the community lol

• FihtheninjaFihtheninja Member Posts: 40

Lol we would all have free lifetime subscriptions then