Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New mmorpg?

JiversonwinsJiversonwins Member Posts: 2

For the last two weeks I've been trying to find a new mmorpg which interests me. I can only honestally say that I've played Lineage II, which I played for many years and enjoyed tremendously until after about chronicle 3 update but I am looking for something with that same style

-a good pvp system which is almost unlimited in terms of who you can kill and where

-a lot of strategy in terms of group pvp, the fact that there was several support classes and not just the average buffer/healer I thought made it tremendously effective as well as the "assisting" system for everyone focusing on the same targets. 

- graphically very satisfying

Like I said I havn't expored many other mmorpgs other than some free trials, and just from a brief overview it looks like age of conan could fit my desires, however I was looking for some outside input of people who may have had more experience with other games

thanks,

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

well if you really like PVP you might want to take a look at DF, but who knows when it is coming out. The DF board is in shambles right now because no one knows anything, however everyone thinks they know everything. So much crap going on in that board I would stay away from it if your looking for real info.

You might also take a look at Aion, as I think it will be close to the way liniage played, and made by the same company. However your going to have to wait 3-4 months for that while it gets translated unless you can read korean then you can play it now, or chinese in a month.

Edit: As for games out right now, I honestly could not recomend any of them. You could alawys try WoW i guess. Personally I stay away from WoW tho.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Originally posted by Jiversonwins

For the last two weeks I've been trying to find a new mmorpg which interests me. I can only honestally say that I've played Lineage II, which I played for many years and enjoyed tremendously until after about chronicle 3 update but I am looking for something with that same style
    -a good pvp system which is almost unlimited in terms of who you can kill and where
    -a lot of strategy in terms of group pvp, the fact that there was several support classes and not just the average buffer/healer I thought made it tremendously effective as well as the "assisting" system for everyone focusing on the same targets. 
    - graphically very satisfying
    Like I said I havn't expored many other mmorpgs other than some free trials, and just from a brief overview it looks like age of conan could fit my desires, however I was looking for some outside input of people who may have had more experience with other games

thanks,

AOC has a consequence system in place were you can only kill players within 7+/7- level range of you or you will receive murder points. When you get murderer status after you gain over 100 points it makes it very hard for you in game(things cost more, cant enter towns, players kill you on sight for more pvp exp). So if your looking for a pvp game were you can kill whomever, wherever you want you should look elsewhere.

On the otehr hand you wont find anything more graphically satisfying out there, and it also has the fastest most involved combat you'll find(litteraly clicking 3 buttons a second in endgame pvp). Its also very skill based so special items dont mean much in pvp combat.

if you do decide to play AOC roll on a server with a good population if you want to have fun. For pvp that would be Cimmeria, Tyranny, or one other I forget. Server merges are coming withing a month from now anyways and unless your a really hardcore 8hr a day player you wont reach lvl cap by then so population isnt a huge deal i guess.

• JiversonwinsJiversonwins Member Posts: 2

yeah I've been waiting for Aion, Darkfall looks promising, but I'm not sure about the full looting system and honestally I like some of your pvp abilities to be based off your level/gear but if there was something out now fun to play that would be awesome, also one more thing is I would much prefer movement with mouse clicking rather than the WSAD keyboard system or w/e, but I guess more games use that.  The other thing about age of conan that somewhat deters me from playing it are the "instances", I'm not sure I fully grasp the concept of them, but it seems that by allowing areas to be coppied rather than having people have to fight for the best EXP spots is somewhat pvp limiting and I dunno about loading in areas rather than just a seamless world but I have no idea how much that would affect my enjoyment of the game

oh yeah also if anyone has a AoC buddy key they wanna give me that would be sick lol

• gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Originally posted by Jiversonwins

yeah I've been waiting for Aion, Darkfall looks promising, but I'm not sure about the full looting system and honestally I like some of your pvp abilities to be based off your level/gear but if there was something out now fun to play that would be awesome, also one more thing is I would much prefer movement with mouse clicking rather than the WSAD keyboard system or w/e, but I guess more games use that.  The other thing about age of conan that somewhat deters me from playing it are the "instances", I'm not sure I fully grasp the concept of them, but it seems that by allowing areas to be coppied rather than having people have to fight for the best EXP spots is somewhat pvp limiting and I dunno about loading in areas rather than just a seamless world but I have no idea how much that would affect my enjoyment of the game
    oh yeah also if anyone has a AoC buddy key they wanna give me that would be sick lol

Im not sure you understand how instancing works in AOC. It not like Guild Wars were everything outside of the main cities is instanced. In AOC there are zones in stead of one open World like LOTRO or WOW. If you ever played EQ2 its exactly the same. Only things that are instanced are things like group dungeons, raids etc.. The same things that would be instanced in any mmo.

It sounds like your more into Asian style games if you like point and click style if thats the case I cant help you as I have no knowledge of them and personally cant stand point and clicks.