Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many guys are gonna be girl characters?

Comments

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by Rayune
    Guys who play females play WoW=Democrats
    Guys who are manly play EQ2=Republicans
    Women who support guys playing girls are lesbians in the making, they are the ones who will vote for Hillary Clinton come next election.

Hmmm...

I play female charcaters sometimes, I support Bush, and I am going to play Dark and Light. ::::28::

Oh, and I also like to think that all women are be lesbians deep down inside... ::::01::

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436
    Why?.....Why this forum lol image

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Nothing wrong with a guy playing a girl.. it's just those guys that go around hugging and kissing male characters, and saying they are girls in rl. Even heard of some guy posting a picture of a hot chick on his guild's website as him. Those guys are unquestionably gay.

Dunno about all Bush supporter's being homophobic, but you may be right.

• jannesjannes Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Vineyard

Jannes, isnt Zevenhuizen close to Moordrecht? When I was in Germany I had a friend that came from there. We stopped in that area a couple times on our way to various places. I think I recall going to a restraunt in that area called Borgo Antico, I think that was it. Flemmish quisine if I remember correctly.

wow late responce image yes Zevenhuizen is close to moordrecht. i'm not really into restaurants. Just found out Borgo Antico is in zevenhuizen, but never been there. Cool manimage

• scumukscumuk Member Posts: 119
    i allways play male toons...but i can see why males pick females chars...if you gotta spend eons looking at a butt on your screen, might as well be a nice one image

• VineyardVineyard Member Posts: 180
    If you like Flemmish food you should try it some time. everything was quite good if memory serves, cant remember much about price though.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by OracleP4
    I really gotta agree with kielia on this one, guys who play female characters in MMORPGs are basically cross dressing.  Sure you say you just prefer to look at some hot skimpily clad female character, but you probably prefer it even more when everyone treats you like m'lady and a princess.  So stop wearing your mom's panties and just go get a sex change already... weirdos.  If you're a guy, you should play a male character, if you're a female you should play a female character, if your a hemaphrodite feel free to play either.  If you've got issues, see a psychiatrist.  But stop playing female characters if you're a guy, it's just icky.

-------------------
    "Do I come to your workplace and tell you how to kill civilians? No, so don't tell me how to do my job" - Sam Fischer.
    --OracleP4
    CoH: Level 25 Invulnerability/Super Strength Tanker++Level 14 Gravity/Storm Controller
    DAoC: Level 42 Paladin
    Like: DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, DnL
    Dislike: SoR, EQ, EQ2, SWG, KO, AC2
    Don't Care About: Most Everything Else

pffft...

imo it takes a man who is very certain of his masculinity (spelling?) to play a female character and admit it...

I HAVE PLAYED FEMALE CHARS AND IM PROUD OF IT... so what?... im no homosexual in any way (not that there's anything wrong with that) and you wont see me cross dressing any time soon...

so im some kind of "weirdo"?... tell me that while im @&;#%in my gf and ur holdin ur own...

there's nothing wrong as long as the guy ADMITS he's a guy (which 99% of them will do... just ask them before you start mackin on them in a lonely fit of hornyness)... ur the type of guy who would start hitting on them then run off screaming "FAG FAG FAG" on loud chat after he tells you he's a guy...

stop being such a homophobe image

[btw] apparently (something i saw on TV) studies show that the majority of cross dressers (especially the ones who do it in private) are actually straight, most of whom have GF's of their own... the thing is, they love the female style/body so much, they... well... crossdress...

females are hot, straight up... if i were a chick, i'd be a lesbian... i feel sorry for them having to do us =/

[btw2] chicks love a guy with a femme side... image

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^
    Waiting For - WoW (OB is gonna be hell T_T l337 d3wdz everywhere =_=)

--------------------------------------

• aeric67aeric67 Member UncommonPosts: 798

You know, eeargy, the only males behind female characters you know about are the ones who tell you. It's the other ones I'd be worrying about, if I were you.

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

To be honest if you are a male me a mle character if you are female be a female character, save us the headache. Besides mmorpgs are like playable chat rooms right  I bet there're plenty of people who met in the game and decided to meet in real life and became a couple, I would be really pissed if I found out that a girl in the game was a guy for real; I would Stranggle that person to the EDGE of DEATH!!!image

Games are fun until someones feelings are hurt

then they feel they have to hurt that person's faceimage

Originally posted by Ken`Shiero
    To be honest if you are a male me a mle character if you are female be a female character, save us the headache. Besides mmorpgs are like playable chat rooms right I bet there're plenty of people who met in the game and decided to meet in real life and became a couple, I would be really pissed if I found out that a girl in the game was a guy for real; I would Stranggle that person to the EDGE of DEATH!!!image

OK, and if you are a warrior, be a warrior. If you are an elf, play an elf, if you are a magic user, play a magic user...

Funny, without roleplaying, the only characters in the game will be human nerds.

• eeargyeeargy Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by TaskyZZ
    OK, and if you are a warrior, be a warrior. If you are an elf, play an elf, if you are a magic user, play a magic user...Funny, without roleplaying, the only characters in the game will be human nerds.

Utterly ridiculous argument. And what was your motivation for roleplaying a female again? I think I missed it.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    Like I said on the very first page, this debate will never end.

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Eeargy, why not just tell people what you want to hear, because everyone has already exhausted the reasons they play girl characters, but nothing has satisfied you.

All people have said is basically "They're roleplaying games. That's what us guys are doing when we pick "female" on the character creation screen. We're roleplaying."

Great.

Why?

What is the actual REASON that you would choose to roleplay a female, when you are a guy?

If this is too difficult a question for anyone to answer (the best I've gotten out of anyone so far is "because it's cool" - not incredibly revealing) then just admit it. Just say "I don't know. I lose all self-control and just click on "female" without even knowing it".

If there's an actual reason, let me hear it.

Why is it ridiculous? Because it doesn't agree with your concept of roleplaying?

Back in Shakespeare's time, women were not allowed to be actors. Men had to play all roles in his plays.

If you weren't playing the game to pick up women, then guys playing girl characters wouldn't bother you.

What is your motivation for playing a Warrior? or a Wizard? Think it would be fun to try out a character concept? That is my motivation. I try to make a powerful character, one that can succeed at the things I want the charater to succeed at. Maybe I want to make a female assassin who can sneak into strongholds or other guilds keeps and assassinate their leader. Maybe I think a female assassin could get the job one better.

It is obvious that most men are stupid when it comes to dealing with women. They treat women characters differently in game. Give them free stuff, trust them more, protect them, etc. So, it is only natural that a female assassin would have better chance of success against a male dominated guild.

Maybe I want to role play a princess who whines whenever she gets her hands dirty. Breaks a nail, etc.

Maybe I want to play the ugliest dwarven female ever. And make her a mean bitch. Rude and disgusting.

Or, maybe I want to make a timid, frail male wizard.

It is all role playing. It is part of playing a game. If you are afraid you will turn gay if you play a female character, then don't. But I have no such fears, and I enjoy playing a character I envision. No matter the race, gender, class, etc...

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

eeargy,

many people who voiced their opinion is correct to a certain degree.

You do tend to think your opinion is correct on every issue and will never admit that you may be wrong.

While I do believe in absolute truth (a philosophy now diminishing) I do believe people can still say we can agree to disagree and I still to believe that people can still make mistakes and such.

I think they're just trying to point that out to you; that you're idea was to be the correct one...always. And you are so zealous for your stand against people wanting to play opposite sex people that many people would assume this is the proverbial "lets beat the crap out of this person because deep down I emulate this person and I can't deal with that."

Now, I am not saying you are doing that, just saying I don't think you know how to "listen" and to "take in" other people's opinions. For the opposite sex mmorpg role-playing issue, it really isn't that big of a deal. Just live and deal with it. I play a female toon in EQ2 and a male toon. Guess what? I'm not gay nor am I a bi-sexual.

There's actually no concrete reason why I choose to play a female toon image (no reason??? yup, no reason. I just play it to play it. Nothing more.)

Stop dwelling into it so deeply because there is nothing to pull out.

At least, that's what I am understanding from some people

Originally posted by WizGamer
    Now hear me out, its just an opinion, I don't want yours. .

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by eeargy
    All people have said is basically "They're roleplaying games. That's what us guys are doing when we pick "female" on the character creation screen. We're roleplaying."Great.Why?What is the actual REASON that you would choose to roleplay a female, when you are a guy?If this is too difficult a question for anyone to answer (the best I've gotten out of anyone so far is "because it's cool" - not incredibly revealing) then just admit it. Just say "I don't know. I lose all self-control and just click on "female" without even knowing it".If there's an actual reason, let me hear it.image

Why, to fullfill my closet transgender urges, and my homoerotic masturbatory fantasies, of course. At least, I'm guessing that's what Eeargy is lookng for.

I'd never play a female character, especially if I were female in real life, simply because the MMO community is filled with some of the most sexually deviant mouthbreathers a few hundred thousand years of evolution could come up with. And the psuedo-anonimity of the net has given these freaks the cajones to unleash the full power of their deepest perversions on anything remotely female looking. I think I could live my life just fine without ever having to here what Bob, the lonely used car salesman for Rhode Island wants to do to my feet, because I made the bad choice of playing as a Night Elf female in WoW, or something.

Originally posted by TaskyZZ
    Why is it ridiculous? Because it doesn't agree with your concept of roleplaying?Back in Shakespeare's time, women were not allowed to be actors. Men had to play all roles in his plays.If you weren't playing the game to pick up women, then guys playing girl characters wouldn't bother you. What is your motivation for playing a Warrior? or a Wizard? Think it would be fun to try out a character concept? That is my motivation. I try to make a powerful character, one that can succeed at the things I want the charater to succeed at. Maybe I want to make a female assassin who can sneak into strongholds or other guilds keeps and assassinate their leader. Maybe I think a female assassin could get the job one better.It is obvious that most men are stupid when it comes to dealing with women. They treat women characters differently in game. Give them free stuff, trust them more, protect them, etc. So, it is only natural that a female assassin would have better chance of success against a male dominated guild.Maybe I want to role play a princess who whines whenever she gets her hands dirty. Breaks a nail, etc.Maybe I want to play the ugliest dwarven female ever. And make her a mean bitch. Rude and disgusting.Or, maybe I want to make a timid, frail male wizard.It is all role playing. It is part of playing a game. If you are afraid you will turn gay if you play a female character, then don't. But I have no such fears, and I enjoy playing a character I envision. No matter the race, gender, class, etc...

Thanks for the Shakespeare tidbit. I already knew. Irrelevant.

Your "character concept" explanation is the best one I've read so far in this thread, but it's still desperately clutching at straws. If you need a female assassin, find a female to be an assassin. That way, you'll have a female assassin, and not a guy pretending to be a female assassin. There's a difference.

You say it's "obvious that most men are stupid when it comes to dealing with women". Wrong. Men are men. They have instincts and impulses, and most men don't mull over whether or not they should act on them when they kick in. In my opinion, there's something disturbing about other men preying on those impulses in a computer game for their own gain.

I admit I kind of tailed off when the only descriptions of the female characters you might make were of ugly, whining, rude, disgusting bitches...

Thanks for the explanation anyway.

I think first order of business when I get into beta this Friday is to make a female assassin named eeargy. It's settled. ::::34::

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436
    Wooooo make sure you cyber with everyone ya meet!!!!image

• scumukscumuk Member Posts: 119

as you can see i've been a member on here for quite a long time and i tend not to post much....so why am i posting now you ask? (you probley whernt mind you)...

RELAX..mmorpgs are just for FUN! take a chill pill (peanut M&M) think happy bubbley thoughts and take the proverbial out of Gnomes! heheheheimage

That's fine eeargy. You keep your ideas and I will keep mine. Then I will take advantage of your impulses and get you to give me gear, spend mana healing me, give me buffs, and protect me.

Does this make me worse than a newbie ganking PK? We can just go ahead and tie this thread to the PvP one right now! :)

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by navras

how many guys are gonna be girl characters? i think its fine to be whatever you wanna be im just wondering because i might be one guys give more items to girl characters so therefor more money and items, lol its true

hahahaha nice fantasy you got there navras.  this is the problem with EQ2 fanboi.  lol!!!!!  if you act like a bitch then you get smacked like a bitch.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

The few times I've played a female character were simply as a sort of experiment in psychology, or sociology. you know, seeing how differently people would treat a female avatar over a male avatar.

And it was pretty interesting. I didn't even act like your typical guy trying to act like a female in an MMOG. No calling people hon, or tittering, or the over the top flirtatiousness, etc. I was just my normal hardass, rough edged self, with virtual breasts. I even made the character fairly unfeminine, given what I could work with in SWG. Still, people acted totally differently to me when I was head to toe in composite armor, and my gender was hidden from them than they would after they saw the character out of the armor.

Nevermind some of the rather disturbing unsolicited tells, or any of the other stuff I saw. Or the drama on the official forums, up to and including some bickering over someone emoting rape on a female character after incapping her. And this sort of thing isn't limited to just SWG, it's been going on online for some time now.

To be honest, whoever it was that said men where pretty stupid when it came to women was pretty much on the money. Only I think he was giving men a bit more credit than they may be due.

• sifasifa Member Posts: 115
    I actually dont mind if people play male or female characters regardless of their real life gender. Im an athiest/liberal so im definately in favor of self expression. I only play male characters because i dont like getting hit on. However if you dont mind or if you are talented at role playing the opposite sex then no would know if you are guy or girl. image