Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR is a lesser WoW

2»

Comments

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by Pheace

Rofl, yeah i think people like you are just sad, looking down on people because they get involved with a game emotionally.

Funny how it comes from someone who thinks games are a waste of time yet he spends his time on a forum of a game he plays/played discussing it instead of doing his, much better, Real life.

I play a game to play a game but within that spectrum i can still get emotionally attached to that game and gladly so because that only enhances my experience of that game. However, when the game's done, i lay it besides me and do Real life until i pick that game up again.

Apparently for some reason you can't seem to imagine people with ingame attachments who can seperate ingame from real life for some reason or can set priorities in real life compared to the game. i'm not sure what leads you to see the world in such extreme ways but it speaks more about your own world than mine.

Problem with you is you make to many assumptions.

I am one of those people who got lucky and have a really high paying job where I get to sit on the puter all day and look at forums. I don't come here though for the personal attachment to games, I come here to pick fights with retards, let everyone know DF will never ever come out, ask people of AoC why the hell they are still playing that pile of crap? Listen to everyone whine about WAR and how it sucks, Listen to everyone down WoW in every single gaming forum on this site.

It all amuses me. Think of it as an experiment into the human psyche.

Like a kid with an ant farm, that would describe me and this particular site.

I do not view the world in extremes, just in reality. Do you know how ridiculous someone sounds when they say they get "Emotionally Attached" over a video game?

You might as well get emotionally attached to watching the simpsons or some stupid sitcom like ER.

These people live in a world of fairy tales and bullshit. Can peoples lives be that miserable that they have to resort to wishing they were a fairy? Seriously are you listening to yourself?

I mean I will sit here and talk games with gamers all day, that doesn't bother me. Most of these people here are normal enough. You can tell the normal ones from the complete nut jobs. Nut jobs I enjoy though cause the more they are "emotionally attached" to their digital selves. The easier it is for me to make them cry and whine about how special their time is in game.

Here is a sig for you. Feel free to use it.

Real Life is Real Life , Games are Games ---> Choose Life

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Trust me when I say that in the real world, I won't be considered the sad one after that reply of yours ^^

• BorkotronBorkotron Member Posts: 282

I won't even read threads like this. It is totally unfair to compare a game that has been out for 4-5 years to one that hasn't even been out six months. It's just fruitless to compare games like this. It would be better to compare WAR vs. AoC or LotRO.

Don't blame the game because players want to live in Scenarios. It's not Mythic's fault that people only want to queue up for Scenarios and not participate in world PvP. I do hope they do something to entice players out of scenario queues. But to call the game rubbish because you didn't get to enjoy one aspect of PvP i quite silly. Seriously, the only game which does world PvP right is EVE Online. But, I don't hate WAR just because I can't go randomly battle people on the world map. Silly.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667
    Originally posted by Borkotron

I won't even read threads like this. It is totally unfair to compare a game that has been out for 4-5 years to one that hasn't even been out six months. It's just fruitless to compare games like this. It would be better to compare WAR vs. AoC or LotRO.
    Don't blame the game because players want to live in Scenarios. It's not Mythic's fault that people only want to queue up for Scenarios and not participate in world PvP. I do hope they do something to entice players out of scenario queues. But to call the game rubbish because you didn't get to enjoy one aspect of PvP i quite silly. Seriously, the only game which does world PvP right is EVE Online. But, I don't hate WAR just because I can't go randomly battle people on the world map. Silly.

Yeah agreed, It really shouldn't be compared to WoW at this stage of it's development.

Unfortunately the only way to solve the main issue would be to remove scenarios all together, forcing players out into the field to look for warfare. Which is how it should be.

I would consider even coming back to WAR if they remove scenarios completely and force the oRvR hand.

It isn't a bad game, just needs some smarter management decisions.

• indyneindyne Member Posts: 81

Removing scenarios altogether is not the way to go.  Sometimes you want to jump on, run a scenario or two and be done with it. 

On my server at least, scenario queues are getting longer and longer because more people are participating in ORvR.  There is an ORvR battle to be found every single night, with the largest one I have been a part of grossing over 120 people in Praag.

ORvR has incentives.  People want their Annihilator set for the ward bonuses.  People are dying for something other than Serpent's Passage.  To write off WAR's ORvR so soon, is, in my opinion, a bad move.  You really have to wait.  People have jobs and lives and once the majority of the player base is Tier4, then you will see more of what ORvR is supposed to be.  I am just now seeing a slew of Tier 3 people graduate and it has resulted in a large boost in Tier 4 ORvR.

To the OP.  RIght now, I would agree that WAR is a lesser WoW right now but I think WAR will form an identity of it's own, with time.  You have to give a game that relies on Tier 4 RvR time to get Tier 4 players.

[Here's a list of all the games I've played and/or my computer specs to show how much more seasoned or technologically advanced I am than you.]

• SpoofisSpoofis Member Posts: 27

My story is similar to the OPs only I couldn't get a toon past 20 due to the boredom barrier.

I wanted huge epic battles, what I got was arathi basin. I didn't even get AV.

• RetradRetrad Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by taus01

Originally posted by Retrad

I leveled to 40, I played past my free month, and what do I get? None of the promises made about epic World PvP, only WoW-esque battlegrounds that EA labels as "scenarios".

I don't know about the rest of you, but the reason I kept an eye on WAR, the reason I anticipated this game, was because I was expecting WORLD PvP and to level in WORLD PvP.
    I got none of that. Hell, the servers can't even handle the battles when they do happen once in a blue moon.
    I went and bought WoTLK a week ago and got to 80. I still loath this game, but in the end it's better than WAR....evne PvP wise. Wintersgrasp is fun. The only thing that would make WoW that much more fun is if my guild would come back and play it instead of wasting their time in WAR. I have a feeling they'll follow me back as they did when we went to play AoC and I left that game a week in after seeing for myself it was shit.
    WAR could have been a great game, but it's nothing but an epic failure.
    Oh and to anyone saying that I'm a troll or a WoW fanboy....sorry....not the case. I really wanted WAR to be good, I wanted it to be better than WoW, but it's not. And as much as I hate WoW, it's more fun than WAR. Can't even gank people in that damn game.

WAR is barely 2 months old.

You are already level 40.

You expect everyone else to be 40 and do RvR with you because that is what you want from the game.

I give you a hint. The world does not revolve around you.

You are 80 after 1 week with WotLK. It seems that for you it is all about the bragging rights to be max level and not about playing a game. Do you even know what is in WotLK? Have you explored all areas? Did you do all the instances?

Probably not, instead you go to the forums trolling. Please go away and do not play MMORPGs anymore, you are a selfish and useless player to the community.

Man, seriously, the "jumps to conclusions map" should be in production because it was made for you.

The fact everyone is not at 40 is not the problem. The fact that server population is lower than most WoW low-pop servers, combined with the fact everyone does scenarios and not World PvP, and that the servers can't even handle large scale World PvP is my gripe with the game.

Secondly, who says I'm bragging about level 80? If it weren't for my guildie, who I consider a cool person, but obviously has no life, I would probably be like level 75...if that. I have 19hrs, work part time, go out, and train 4-5 days a week which doesn't leave much time.

Saying that, with my busy life, if I could get to 40 in two months, why can't other people? But again, that's not my gripe with the game.

Third, you seriously need to chill and stop NERD RAGING.

If you look at my post history, I'm obviously not a troll....I can't say the same for you.

I don't even know why I'm explaining myself to such a fucktard clueless clown such as yourself.

Go somewhere else.

-EDIT-

Also, 30v30 is not large scale PvP. I can go into AV and fight more people.

WAR was supposed to have RvR like DAoC which was HUNDREDS vs HUNDREDS.

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

I dont blame the actual game for not being fun, i blame the community.  All i ever heard was people bitch about how everyone only does scenarios, yet they keep only doing scenarios for themselves.  Everyone wanted world PVP, yet no one wanted to organize anything.

Would the game be better without scenarios? yes, without a doubt.  But im not going to blame mythic for adding content and having the community fuck it over.

EDIT: little addition to my post.  To be more specific about the people in the community i blame.  I blame the wow players that only know the life of battlegrounds and arena, all oldschool DAOC players are cool by me.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• RetradRetrad Member UncommonPosts: 274

Oh and on the part about the fact of getting banned for sharing an account...

I know that's possible...it's happened before, but I've gotten that reverse once so I think I could do it again.

Like Skydragon, I could care less if my account gets banned. In fact, several of my accounts have...because I do have botting accounts. OH NOES!!! Yes, it's true I have two botting accounts and one legit account. I bot and make gold for mounts and things and to also sell to people. I'm a broke college kid...what do you expect?

Also, how would anyone know he's duel boxing? First off, no one on these forums knows my char names or account name. Secondly, he goes around doing quests so it just looks like someoen following him.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Damn, seriously, I bought Wotlk on a midnight sale with a friend and I'm 72 ... you got to 80 in a week, lol, take it easy! :p

Granted I 've been playing a lot of other stuff at the moment and am a serious altoholic anyway :p

As for WAR, the biggest problems I'm hearing right now is the "Max people on screen" clipping range that bigger fights seem to have which means you won't see people till they'r epractically on top of you, and the fact that the servers crash when too many people gather in one place.

They really need to fix that stuff or this game will be writhing on the floor gurgling to it's death.

I have been playing the game since launch and have never experienced the problems you have been "hearing."  Why dont you save your gloom and doom predictions which you base off of heresay to yourself for a change ?

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236

Damn, seriously, I bought Wotlk on a midnight sale with a friend and I'm 72 ... you got to 80 in a week, lol, take it easy! :p

Granted I 've been playing a lot of other stuff at the moment and am a serious altoholic anyway :p

As for WAR, the biggest problems I'm hearing right now is the "Max people on screen" clipping range that bigger fights seem to have which means you won't see people till they'r epractically on top of you, and the fact that the servers crash when too many people gather in one place.

They really need to fix that stuff or this game will be writhing on the floor gurgling to it's death.

This is strange.  WAR has a lot of issues, and I've kept up on the boards with nearly all of them, but the ones you mention I've never encountered myself nor have I heard of anyone else encountering them.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

Ok guys.  PvP....

The momentum is shifting now and wait till the majority has reached level 80 in Dec... One of the rewards for participating in the open world PvP zone of Wow are shards and a raid.

It helps you to get "account based" PvP gear with it to distribute to your low level alts. The moment I saw this in game, I knew what it would mean to Wow's open PvP zone.

I am glad to point it out: Blizzard just delivers, no need to have jumping monkeys for months on my screen.