Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, after a chapter publish...we've got maintenance

SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

So I launch SWG today, and I get a message that "all servers are up except" and then they list all the servers.

Apparently they had to push out a patch to yesterday's publish to deal with some long connection and transportaton between  planets (and probably instances) issues.

Or other stupid things like snowball throwing interrupting musician buffing of other players, and disrupting medtitation.

Or strange drop rates on new collections.

Or the horrendous lag reported in the Hoth instance.

This is all taking place, mind you, starting at 9:15 Pacific on a Friday.  I assume because it took them all night to code the patch to the patch.  To deal with issues that should have been worked out on TC over oh, I don't know, the last three weeks.

The not ready for any time at all nature of SWG's development process continues to set new benchmarks for what NOT to do if you're a professional gaming company.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

Comments

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249
    Originally posted by SioBabble

So I launch SWG today, and I get a message that "all servers are up except" and then they list all the servers.
    Apparently they had to push out a patch to yesterday's publish to deal with some long connection and transportaton between  planets (and probably instances) issues.
    Or other stupid things like snowball throwing interrupting musician buffing of other players, and disrupting medtitation.
    This is all taking place, mind you, starting at 9:15 Pacific on a Friday.  I assume because it took them all night to code the patch to the patch.  To deal with issues that should have been worked out on TC over oh, I don't know, the last three weeks.
    The not ready for any time at all nature of SWG's development process continues to set new benchmarks for what NOT to do if you're a professional gaming company.

well, as usualy, test center results don't always translate well in production :) there are too many variables to think about. I'd rather have a couple hours of maintenance on Friday instead of a weekend wrought with errors, woes, crashes, etc. It was a good decision to take em down for a patch

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• Raiz1Raiz1 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by SioBabble

Try getting out of the house on friday evening.

Have a beer, go to a bbq, have a bbq, take the wife out to a movie, window-shop, grab some fishing equipment, ride a bike, take a walk, walk the dog, take your cloths to a coin laundry and hit on single moms. FFS man, you are complaining about a dead game with 3 or 4 devs not being able to implement a large patch properly.

Let's file your post under the label "Sh*t We Already Know" and get you an alternative hobby.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

maintanence always supercedes the prior patch, and are done at regular intervals, and has been like this since pre cu....so your point/hatred is moot. Patches introduced a day before a maintenance cycle, does not supercede a maintenance, these are 2 different processes. Hell i remember when JTL came out, servers were down for like 8 hours, the next day it went down for maintenance because it fell a day before a regularly scheduled maintenance day.

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

Lots of grumbling on the oboards about the game breaking lag created by the hoth patch.  Looks to have affected space as well which is why I even played the vet trial.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor