Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool new PC

gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304

Im finally upgrading my PC, just bought it today off newegg, cant wait for it to get here, how do you folks think it'll perform in AOC and games with similar requirments?

specs:

4 gb of ddr2 800 ram G.Skill 5.5.5.15 timings

500g 7200rpg WD HD

NZXT apollo case

p5q pro 775 MB

EVGA 9800 GT gpu

500wt Antec psu

E7300 2.66ghz c2d cpu

Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

Comments

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100

It should do well I like those apollo cases they are nice.   I am running a Q-6600 in my build and a 4850 ati card run run every thing maxed even on fallout-3.  Looks like a nice build should give you several years of enjoyment.  : )

• gantonganton Member UncommonPosts: 304

Sweet I havent been able to max anything out on my current rig for 2 years lol

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

Nice system im about to upgrade to a 9800 my self . I got a crappy 8500 512 mb atm but i could almost max out  AoC except for in a siege , tho i havent played aoc in a month (<- sp im a bit drunk atm)

Originally posted by Boreil

Nice system im about to upgrade to a 9800 my self . I got a crappy 8500 512 mb atm but i could almost max out  AoC except for in a siege , tho i havent played aoc in a month (<- sp im a bit drunk atm)

THats good to know, I was actually kind of worried that I wouldnt be able to max it out in a few places, but from the sounds of things I dont think I have much to worry about(aside from siege). Anyways I got the sli capable MB just incase I need further graphic fidelity in the future.

• mundus01mundus01 Member Posts: 100

It was a real toss-up for me to choose the 9800 card or the 4850 ati card. Had a 8800 gts 320 m.b. card in but was only doing so-so on fallout 3 . A local store had a good sale on the ati card. It raised my settings from high to Ultra High changing the card out and going to vista as well. If you are running vista on your new build there are some good guildes out on how to turn off all the crap running in the background to make vista run very well. www.techpowerup.com has some guildes in there forums that i have found very helpful. Also a good place to get overclocking tools.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

Its an awsome setup no doubt, but.... you got 2 years then you will want a new graphics card when the Larabee comes out.

• LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700

Funnily enough I have been waiting for DHL to deliver my new PC today as well. No sign yet & their 'next day' tracking system doesn't seem to work, but never mind I suppose that just means I will get it tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to being able to play WAR RvR without things turning into a slide show. 

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

The nest PC is here : 

Core i7 2.66GHz

P6T 16GB DDR3 memory

280GTX graphics card

24-inch with speakers

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Nice upgrade. I upgraded mine over the weekend. Stuck with my same CPU for now. Waiting for the Phenom II's to come out.

DFI Lan Party DK 750FX

AMD Athlon 6400 X2 Black Edition

OCZ Reaper 4GB ( 2x2GB)

ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB DDR4

Originally posted by Korvenus

Nice upgrade. I upgraded mine over the weekend. Stuck with my same CPU for now. Waiting for the Phenom II's to come out.
    DFI Lan Party DK 750FX
    AMD Athlon 6400 X2 Black Edition
    OCZ Reaper 4GB ( 2x2GB)
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB DDR4

I was thinking about going with a phenom setup for a while as well because there pretty inexpensive but I decided to go with the C2D because of their overclock ability, which I do intent to take full advantage of

The wait is horrible, I almost wish I had done next day shipping if I had the money lol!

• SlappanSlappan Member Posts: 289

i'd say very well!! haha, you don't even have to ask about that anymore.. the only thing i noticed is the e7300 c2d.. why not make it quad core for a montrous performance?

• dateddated Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Slappan

i'd say very well!! haha, you don't even have to ask about that anymore.. the only thing i noticed is the e7300 c2d.. why not make it quad core for a montrous performance?

why not i7?

===
    Q2D 6600, 4G C4DHX, 8800GTS 512(G92), CMPSU-620HX, Razer Diamondback + ExactMat, 2@932BW

• GimpdGimpd Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by dated

Originally posted by Slappan

why not i7?

With an I7 you need all new components.  At new main ones. New Motherboard and new ram.

The i7 doesnt use FSB technology anymore so your older mb and ram wont work for the i7,s

Ive been trying to do an i7 build on budget but cheapest i came to is around 1800 buck s and up.

expensive for now. i might wait a yr to do one.

• HellehundeHellehunde Member Posts: 17

Grats, looks good. Got a PC almost the same.

Hellehunde
    ----------------------------
    MMO-talk.com - All about MMO discussions

• barshemsbarshems Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by ganton

Sweet I havent been able to max anything out on my current rig for 2 years lol

I haven't played anything at max settings since waay back in the days of quake 2 or doom 2 (which was like back in 95ish)

ever since quake 3 or doom 3 I was able to do average settings

these days I play everything bare minimum naked settings...

so don't feel too bad :)

well i might as well post my pc specs in this post edit:

AMD +3500 athalon (single core)

radeon x1600

1gb ddr ram

200gb 7200rpm hd

400 watt psu

stock sound card

ethernet mbit port

oh well, atleast the monitor is nice, 22" LCD (although i get green dots that show up whenever i alt + tab out of a game)

this baby ran me like $500 and that was only like 3 years ago.

• xiaoxiaoyixiaoxiaoyi Member Posts: 6

oh~it's really cool~~~

my pc is slow-.-haha~~~

• TankipeTankipe Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by ganton

The wait is horrible, I almost wish I had done next day shipping if I had the money lol!

Me too!~If i had the money, I want to upgrade my computer....but i haven't got money yet...

Envying...

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

pretty decent for someone on a budget, but you should get a faster monitor. to get a 2ms around the same price though you might have to drop to a 19 but thats still awsome for any game.

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

AMD, Radeon? its like asking for a slow troublesome computer...

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

haha very true very true.