Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"IF It Sounds Too Good To Be True...."

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Come on. Let's look closely at all the current mmo games. Let's look at the powerhouse companies like Sony, Turbine, Blizzard, EA, and all the rest. Companies that have infinitely more resources and credentials in making mmo games then does this never before heralded "Adventurine" company.

Now let's take a close look at their list of features and some of the things that they promise will be included in this game. Things never before pulled off in an mmo.. and ummm Adventurine is going to pull all of this off?? ..Really?

Okay wait. Let's be fair here. Let's take a look at a simple game or two that someone that's producing Darkfall has released. You know. A single player game that shows their ability to produce and program sophisticated AI for example. Anything. What's that?? No previous video games ever released from anyone working for Adventurine?!? Not even a simple "snake" or "Brick Wall" game?? Ah come on. Surely there is something to give us at least a small shred of hope out there!

Supposedly a month before the promised retail launch to the public now and we still haven't got any CREDIBLE sources giving any accounts of their said game that they say is 'feature complete' and running without bugs. Not one gaming site like gamespot or PCGamer magazine huh? Nobody with any repuatation or serious credentials has given us an account of this amazing break-thru mmo yet huh?

Doesn't this all put any shred of doubt into any of you fans heads? I mean come on. I know that I am not the great and mighty "Tasos" speaking here, but try and give me even a small fraction of the respect and trust you give to him here and apply just a little rational thought. How can some of you seriously not have any doubts at all?

I don't know. Even with everything else not looked at or even considered... I have to take a look at their feature list and their promises and apply that age-old saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, then more then likely it is". And call me crazy, but I trust that old adage way more then anything the mighty Tasos ever tells us.

Silly me I guess.

- Zaxx

Comments

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

all i can say is dont buy into the hype.  especially with this game.  all those people (and there are quite a few) who say this is their one and only MMO are either going to be greatly dissapointed (which is the usual case) or (in the off chance) extremely happy with the game.  yes SWG was awesome (and skill based) and yes i miss it too.  but dont dive headfirst into the 1st game that mentions a skill based system, its going to end in tears.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• originaleggoriginalegg Member Posts: 1,099

Aventurine.

And I dont think anyone has no doubts at all about this game.  That is just an exageration that the trolls like to put out there.

Even the most ridiculous fanboys I have seen on this forum have mentioned on numerous occasions that they have doubts in certain areas.

Personally I have agreed with skeptics many times that I have my doubts of their ability to keep stable servers in a game that DEMANDS stable servers with an FPS style combat system.  I doubt their ability to patch quickly and give content updates.

But I certainly don't doubt anything that they have said so far in terms of where they are in development and that a beta is going on.  They have done nothing to make me lose their trust and so I like to keep the innocent until proven guilty mentality.  And no delaying beta does not equal lieing.

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

Amen Zaxtor, couldn't have said it any better.  I can't wait for for the next month to pass and watch Darkfall get "released". R. O. F. L.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Only a month a way from launch and still no hard info on the game....makes you wonder what they have "under the hood",  not a very good sign IMO.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• 0muffins00muffins0 Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by zaxtor99

Come on. Let's look closely at all the current mmo games. Let's look at the powerhouse companies like Sony, Turbine, Blizzard, EA, and all the rest. Companies that have infinitely more resources and credentials in making mmo games then does this never before heralded "Adventurine" company.
    The industry is filled with timid companies that produce endless clones of previous and current cookie-cutter games. You can't expect the mmo version of the coal industry to develop practical fusion power.
    Now let's take a close look at their list of features and some of the things that they promise will be included in this game. Things never before pulled off in an mmo.. and ummm Adventurine is going to pull all of this off?? ..Really?
    Considering that you are making the basic mistake of mis-spelling 'Aventurine' (it's the name of a mineral, not a play on the word ' adventure') I seriously doubt that your grasp on Darkfalls feature set is particularily firm either.
    Okay wait. Let's be fair here. Let's take a look at a simple game or two that someone that's producing Darkfall has released. You know. A single player game that shows their ability to produce and program sophisticated AI for example. Anything. What's that?? No previous video games ever released from anyone working for Adventurine?!? Not even a simple "snake" or "Brick Wall" game?? Ah come on. Surely there is something to give us at least a small shred of hope out there!
    The developers of EVE Online were the same. EVE Online was their first game.
    Supposedly a month before the promised retail launch to the public now and we still haven't got any CREDIBLE sources giving any accounts of their said game that they say is 'feature complete' and running without bugs.
    I notice that the VT's have moved from questioning the very existance of DF, to questioning a 100% smooth launch.

ALL mmo games have problems, bugs and a missing feature or two at launch. There are no exceptions.
    Not one gaming site like gamespot or PCGamer magazine huh?
    Yeah. Those sites were excellent at spotting the serious problems with AoC, weren't they.

Oh, wait!

lol
    Nobody with any repuatation or serious credentials has given us an account of this amazing break-thru mmo yet huh?
    *sigh*
    We've had journalists - both print and television - other industry professionals, fans, site moderators, the publishers etc who have all seen the game working.

Now you're asking for people with 'serious credentials' to drop by the Aventurine offices to verify that the game exists.

What 'serious credentials' are we talking about? A phd? A president of a large company? George W Bush? Space aliens?
    Doesn't this all put any shred of doubt into any of you fans heads? I mean come on.
    Why? Aventurine have a history of not holding the fans hands. They don't usually talk about what is going on behind the scenes. They didn't even mention the publishing deal until some fans found the news on the internet.
    I know that I am not the great and mighty "Tasos" speaking here, but try and give me even a small fraction of the respect and trust you give to him here and apply just a little rational thought.
    Why? Tasos is a game developer in a €10 million mmo project. You are just some guy on a forum.

Which of the two are more likely to be speaking from a position of knowledge in regards to Darkfall?
    How can some of you seriously not have any doubts at all?
    I swear to god the VT's are more emotionally attached to Darkfall than the extreme fanbois are.

IT'S ... JUST ... A ... GAME!!

WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH?!?

THERE ... WILL ... BE ... OTHER ... GAMES!!!

PEOPLE ... FOLLOW ... MULTIPLE ... GAMES!!!

I can write that down in crayon for you if you want, if it'll be easier to understand. PM me.
    I don't know. Even with everything else not looked at or even considered... I have to take a look at their feature list and their promises and apply that age-old saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, then more then likely it is".
    Carebears, and people who like theme-park type games, levels, grinding and epic gear, will look at Darkfall's feature set and then defecate themselves out of fear.

A lot of mmo players would not call Darkfall's features 'too good' or even 'good'. The features are attempting to take the mmo industry away from the unimaginative, cloned rut that the scene is boged down in.

What's wrong with innovation? Especially when mmo fans are screaming out for it?
    And call me crazy, but I trust that old adage way more then anything the mighty Tasos ever tells us.
    You're going to trust an 'old wives tale' over the words of a developer in an absence of evidence that Tasos is lying?

lol

- Zaxx

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

You value company experience waaaaaaaay too much.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by 0muffins0

The industry is filled with timid companies that produce endless clones of previous and current cookie-cutter games. You can't expect the mmo version of the coal industry to develop practical fusion power.
    Considering that you are making the basic mistake of mis-spelling 'Aventurine' (it's the name of a mineral, not a play on the word ' adventure') I seriously doubt that your grasp on Darkfalls feature set is particularily firm either.
    Supposedly a month before the promised retail launch to the public now and we still haven't got any CREDIBLE sources giving any accounts of their said game that they say is 'feature complete' and running without bugs.
    I notice that the VT's have moved from questioning the very existance of DF, to questioning a 100% smooth launch.

ALL mmo games have problems, bugs and a missing feature or two at launch. There are no exceptions.
    Yeah. Those sites were excellent at spotting the serious problems with AoC, weren't they.

Oh, wait!

lol
    Nobody with any repuatation or serious credentials has given us an account of this amazing break-thru mmo yet huh?
    *sigh*
    We've had journalists - both print and television - other industry professionals, fans, site moderators, the publishers etc who have all seen the game working.

Now you're asking for people with 'serious credentials' to drop by the Aventurine offices to verify that the game exists.

What 'serious credentials' are we talking about? A phd? A president of a large company? George W Bush? Space aliens?
    Doesn't this all put any shred of doubt into any of you fans heads? I mean come on.
    Why? Aventurine have a history of not holding the fans hands. They don't usually talk about what is going on behind the scenes. They didn't even mention the publishing deal until some fans found the news on the internet.
    I know that I am not the great and mighty "Tasos" speaking here, but try and give me even a small fraction of the respect and trust you give to him here and apply just a little rational thought.
    Why? Tasos is a game developer in a €10 million mmo project. You are just some guy on a forum.

Which of the two are more likely to be speaking from a position of knowledge in regards to Darkfall?
    I swear to god the VT's are more emotionally attached to Darkfall than the extreme fanbois are.

I can write that down in crayon for you if you want, if it'll be easier to understand. PM me.
    I don't know. Even with everything else not looked at or even considered... I have to take a look at their feature list and their promises and apply that age-old saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, then more then likely it is".
    Carebears, and people who like theme-park type games, levels, grinding and epic gear, will look at Darkfall's feature set and then defecate themselves out of fear.

A lot of mmo players would not call Darkfall's features 'too good' or even 'good'. The features are attempting to take the mmo industry away from the unimaginative, cloned rut that the scene is boged down in.

What's wrong with innovation? Especially when mmo fans are screaming out for it?
    And call me crazy, but I trust that old adage way more then anything the mighty Tasos ever tells us.
    You're going to trust an 'old wives tale' over the words of a developer in an absence of evidence that Tasos is lying?

lol

- Zaxx

+1

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

Supposedly a month before the promised retail launch to the public now and we still haven't got any CREDIBLE sources giving any accounts of their said game that they say is 'feature complete' and running without bugs. Not one gaming site like gamespot or PCGamer magazine huh? Nobody with any repuatation or serious credentials has given us an account of this amazing break-thru mmo yet huh?
    Doesn't this all put any shred of doubt into any of you fans heads? I mean come on. I know that I am not the great and mighty "Tasos" speaking here, but try and give me even a small fraction of the respect and trust you give to him here and apply just a little rational thought. How can some of you seriously not have any doubts at all?
    I don't know. Even with everything else not looked at or even considered... I have to take a look at their feature list and their promises and apply that age-old saying.. "If it sounds too good to be true, then more then likely it is". And call me crazy, but I trust that old adage way more then anything the mighty Tasos ever tells us.
    Silly me I guess.

- Zaxx

Almost all of the features in Darkfall were in very early MMOs, but they haven't been put into more modern ones. You know why? Because WoW proved all you need is a very simple and easy game to make billions, so no one bothers.

That's why all the REAL MMO players are dying for Darkfall, because we haven't had someone try to make a quality, and different MMO since 1999

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994
    Originally posted by SignusM

Silly me I guess.

- Zaxx

Almost all of the features in Darkfall were in very early MMOs, but they haven't been put into more modern ones. You know why? Because WoW proved all you need is a very simple and easy game to make billions, so no one bothers.

That's why all the REAL MMO players are dying for Darkfall, because we haven't had someone try to make a quality, and different MMO since 1999

So the millions of people playing WoW, EQ2, LoTRO, WAR, AOC, DDO, etc. are not REAL MMO players?  Are they fake?  I guess I am a fake MMO player.  I guess I can only be real if I hop on the Darfall band wagon because of its proposed hardcore features.  /cry

• originaleggoriginalegg Member Posts: 1,099

Oh, wait!

lol
    *sigh*

lol

- Zaxx

This

I chuckle a little everytime someone tries to bring up company experience as a negative thing against Aventurine's chances of releasing a kick ass game.  Very happy that that is what the naysayers are resorting to these days though.

• 0muffins00muffins0 Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Lanmoragon

Originally posted by SignusM

Silly me I guess.

- Zaxx

So the millions of people playing WoW, EQ2, LoTRO, WAR, AOC, DDO, etc. are not REAL MMO players?  Are they fake?  I guess I am a fake MMO player.  I guess I can only be real if I hop on the Darfall band wagon because of its proposed hardcore features.  /cry

They play alright. But you hear a lot of the following terms from them ...

Burnout

Grind

Pointless/broken PvP

Theme Park

Cookie cutter

Clone

Boring

Grind

Burnout

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

the industry is filled with timid companies that produce endless clones of previous and current cookie-cutter games. You can't expect the mmo version of the coal industry to develop practical fusion power.

Ahh, now EA, Turbine and Blizzard entertainment make coal, but the mighty Aventurine company is producing "fusion power". Quite a stunning contrast there. No wonder some people might call you a "fanboy".

Oh yes, sorry for mis-spelling the name of this mighty house-hold company name. I mean "Aventurine", wow. House hold name there. "EA games".. who's ever heard of "EA games". - Shame on me for misspelling your heroic company.

This was your response to how Aventurine is going to launch such a feature-rich mmo without ever releasing any other single player game before. You are WRONG. The people who programmed Eve Online had infact produced other games before working on Eve online. Not as the company behind eve, but before they were associated with Eve, yes. Eve online was not programmed by a bunch of people who had never before programmed before.

Yes, missing a feature or two with a few bugs ofcourse. But I think you'll have to agree that there is a HUGE difference between the launch of Lord of the Rings Online and the launch of Dark and Light. So with that, I think you are I are talking about completely different things.

*Not one gaming site like gamespot or PCGamer magazine huh?*

I'd say I trust them and their opinions much more then "The Itialian Duo" and "Women Gamers" or whoever. I think PCGamer gave "AoC" a grade of like an 84% or something. I'd LOVE to see the grade that "Darkfall would get in contrast right now with its feature complete and running servers. {winks sarcastically}

*sigh*

Again, I make my point about reputable people and heard of reviewers with some kind of history and reputation.

You know darn well what I'm talking about. But speaking of space aliens.. I'd fully expect you to be pointing at a new review of the game from space aliens as proof that Darkfall exists and is great if the thread was put up on the Darkfall forums by the mighty Tasos. You wouldn't even stop to ask yourself "Space Aliens". ;-)

Honestly, I'd trust anyone from ANY other website or gaming magazine concerning Darkfall then I would Tasos. Don't you think he might just be a little BIASED?? Oh no. Not him. Never! :-P

I come here once every few months or years to check in on the status. My question is why do you care so much about it and believe everything positive with such excitement with out asking yourself any logical questions or without any skepticism at all??

Yes, because so many would be so scared of a new game with skill and freedom. {insert sarcasm}

Nothing at all is innovation or the ideas of Darkfall. I love them actually. But sorry, I do ask questions. Especially after 6 years or 8 years or however many years we've been hearing this same hype over and over and over.

"If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is" makes a helluva lot more sense then believing in all the Darkfall hype, trust me.

- Zaxx

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Oh, wait!

lol
    *sigh*

lol

- Zaxx

excellent reply in green ! 

grats muffins !

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

the industry is filled with timid companies that produce endless clones of previous and current cookie-cutter games. You can't expect the mmo version of the coal industry to develop practical fusion power.

Ahh, now EA, Turbine and Blizzard entertainment make coal, but the mighty Aventurine company is producing "fusion power". Quite a stunning contrast there. No wonder some people might call you a "fanboy".
    Oh yes, sorry for mis-spelling the name of this mighty house-hold company name. I mean "Aventurine", wow. House hold name there. "EA games".. who's ever heard of "EA games". - Shame on me for misspelling your heroic company.
    This was your response to how Aventurine is going to launch such a feature-rich mmo without ever releasing any other single player game before. You are WRONG. The people who programmed Eve Online had infact produced other games before working on Eve online. Not as the company behind eve, but before they were associated with Eve, yes. Eve online was not programmed by a bunch of people who had never before programmed before.
    Yes, missing a feature or two with a few bugs ofcourse. But I think you'll have to agree that there is a HUGE difference between the launch of Lord of the Rings Online and the launch of Dark and Light. So with that, I think you are I are talking about completely different things.
    *Not one gaming site like gamespot or PCGamer magazine huh?*

I'd say I trust them and their opinions much more then "The Itialian Duo" and "Women Gamers" or whoever. I think PCGamer gave "AoC" a grade of like an 84% or something. I'd LOVE to see the grade that "Darkfall would get in contrast right now with its feature complete and running servers. {winks sarcastically}
    *sigh*

Again, I make my point about reputable people and heard of reviewers with some kind of history and reputation.
    You know darn well what I'm talking about. But speaking of space aliens.. I'd fully expect you to be pointing at a new review of the game from space aliens as proof that Darkfall exists and is great if the thread was put up on the Darkfall forums by the mighty Tasos. You wouldn't even stop to ask yourself "Space Aliens". ;-)
    Honestly, I'd trust anyone from ANY other website or gaming magazine concerning Darkfall then I would Tasos. Don't you think he might just be a little BIASED?? Oh no. Not him. Never! :-P
    I come here once every few months or years to check in on the status. My question is why do you care so much about it and believe everything positive with such excitement with out asking yourself any logical questions or without any skepticism at all??
    Yes, because so many would be so scared of a new game with skill and freedom. {insert sarcasm}

Nothing at all is innovation or the ideas of Darkfall. I love them actually. But sorry, I do ask questions. Especially after 6 years or 8 years or however many years we've been hearing this same hype over and over and over.
    "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is" makes a helluva lot more sense then believing in all the Darkfall hype, trust me.

- Zaxx

Pretty much countered all the arguments in a sensible rational manner good post.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

I gotta say there's no way I'd run out and buy this game or any other without a handfull of credible reviews from established gaming magizines/sites or a free trial.  I've been burned too many times by buying into the hype and believing a dev or MMO company (AoC, VG, WAR, etc.).  No more.

I also agree that the secrecy surrounding this game is a huge red flag.  Beta is unconfirmed at best.  We're too close to the alleged release date for this nonsense.   My spidey sense is definitely tingling on this one.  I'm betting a ton of people run out and buy this game, they make a lot of money in box sales, and then the populations drop like AoC did when people start to realize the truth about the state of the game.  Boy, I hope I'm wrong, but experience says otherwise.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

I gotta say there's no way I'd run out and buy this game or any other without a handfull of credible reviews from established gaming magizines/sites or a free trial.  I've been burned too many times by buying into the hype and believing a dev or MMO company (AoC, VG, WAR, etc.).  No more.

Agree.

My days of impulse-buying MMO's is over after the AoC debacle. I just don't trust publishers or developers as far as I can throw them now. I don't even trust the reviews anymore. You just can't judge an MMO from a few hours play.

I shall wait patiently post-launch of DF and see what people's responses are after a few weeks of play. I did the same with WAR and am happy with my decision not to buy it.

• NeroScuroNeroScuro Member Posts: 167

He didn't say Aventurine make fusion power, did he? No, he didn't, he said EA, Turbine and Blizzard don't innovate. Which they don't. No wonder some people might call you a "troll".
    His point was - if you don't even know the name of the company, chances are you don't know the first thing about the game.

It was a stupid point on his part though. You only need to read your posts to know you don't know anything about Aventurine.

But I envy you. I wish I had never heard about EA, everything they've ever made is a disappointment.

See my above post - you think Aventurine are made of rookie programmers just out of uni? That none of them have ever worked on a game before!? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just shows how very little you know about Aventurine!

Yes, and until Darkfall releases we won't know if it's a LoTR or a DnL, so let's not baselessly assume things before then, eh?

Although hopefully it'll be like neither. They were both terrible.
    It is feature complete and has running servers. What do you think the beta testers are playing on? Or are you another tin foiler? Hehehe.

I'd think the reputation of most 'reviewers' from gamespot and PCGamer would be reason enough not to go to them. Gamespot have been proven to change reviews based on bribes (amount of advertisement bought by companies on their site) and PCGamer are no better.

Also - MMORPG.it has a history. It's an Italian site, why is it so hard for you to comprehend that there are websites for other languages that you haven't heard of? Are you that small-minded?
    You got owned.

Had no counter to ownage.

Weak attempt at trolling.

Fail.
    No you wouldn't, you've already proven you don't trust websites not in English OR the Greek news media.
    You got owned.
    Weak attempt at trolling by assuming the person you were quoting had no skepticism about Darkfall.

Fail.
    5 years. About the same amount of time we had to put up with hype about WoW, only for it to rescind countless ideas in favour of common denominatory favouring, idiot friendly crap.

You could say that about every game currently about to be released. Here, let's take an example;

OMG Dawn of War 2 looks too good to be true! I'm really excited about it! But wait... if it's too good to be true, it probably is! OMFG!!! I must let others know the truth, in the only way I know how - by trolling every DoW2 forum available!!!
    Imbecile.

- Zaxx

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Agree.

My days of impulse-buying MMO's is over after the AoC debacle. I just don't trust publishers or developers as far as I can throw them now. I don't even trust the reviews anymore. You just can't judge an MMO from a few hours play.

I shall wait patiently post-launch of DF and see what people's responses are after a few weeks of play. I did the same with WAR and am happy with my decision not to buy it.

Yeah I think most of the community is in agreement on this. AoC kind of put the nail in the coffin with impulse buying MMORPG's. The deal breaker for me won't come until I find out Aventurine decided not to do the free trial they said they were going to do. No free trial means I will wait until there is one before trying the game.

In all honesty the free trial is about the only thing that keeps me interested. I like the overall game concept and mechanics, I like the graphics and pretty much everything else but fool me once and shame on you fool me twice and shame on me, the offer of a free trial before ever spending money on the game negates many of my concerns and doubts though. If that were to change then so would my stance on the game.

Arguements like yours and others are good if the game was being done the normal way, pre-orders, CE's, and paying that 50-60$+ to try the game out.  I mean DnL, AoC, Vanguard, and some others have shown us  this is a gamble. With the free trial before spending any money on it , then it isn't a gamble like almost every other MMO is.

So all in all the anti arguements are sometimes well made but Aventurine gets a bit more credibility in my eyes for the simple fact that if they are lying I won't have to pay 50-60$+ to find out so it wouldn't make sense for them to.

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

Ofcourse there's going to be people dissappointed when a certain game is overhyped, but coming onto these forums and claiming it won't be "good" because it's being developed by an unknown company is really ignorant. Just because it's not one of the big names doesn't mean it won't be good.

Ps: look at WoW, in terms of MMO experience it's really poor and over hyped.

• jposavatzjposavatz Member Posts: 161
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

Agree.

I'd recommend a different approach - wait for a free trial and then form your own opinion.  I find that relying on the "responses" of others means absolutely nothing... it's simply their opinions, and more often than not very jaded opinions at that.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by NeroScuro

He didn't say Aventurine make fusion power, did he? No, he didn't, he said EA, Turbine and Blizzard don't innovate. Which they don't. No wonder some people might call you a "troll".
    To be honest Aventurine does not innovate anything, old engine, old concepts from UO no innovation there.
    His point was - if you don't even know the name of the company, chances are you don't know the first thing about the game.

It was a stupid point on his part though. You only need to read your posts to know you don't know anything about Aventurine.

But I envy you. I wish I had never heard about EA, everything they've ever made is a disappointment.

There is definetly something wrong when you have to resort to fanbois to know anything about the company there is no information about that company ANYWHERE.
    See my above post - you think Aventurine are made of rookie programmers just out of uni? That none of them have ever worked on a game before!? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just shows how very little you know about Aventurine!

That "HAHAHAHA" really proved there are professional programmers that worked on a "AAA" title before working in ,DF can you name 5 programmers working on DF and their previous company's/known projects?
    Yes, and until Darkfall releases we won't know if it's a LoTR or a DnL, so let's not baselessly assume things before then, eh?

Baselessly?!?! 1 Month from release on a game that has been confirmed by the all mighty Tasos himself aswell as by many fanbois as "FEATURE COMPLETE" and people are still questioning if its real/there is any beta. This is enough I would think to assume alot of things really, just not what you want to hear.
    Although hopefully it'll be like neither. They were both terrible.
    It is feature complete and has running servers. What do you think the beta testers are playing on? Or are you another tin foiler? Hehehe.

What beta testers?! the friend of your friend who knows a guy? I like the "conspiracy theory remark" you made there, its a good way to put a shadow of doubt on the statement from OP very clever fanboi spinning, there is no conspiracy theory, simply no hard evidence everything I have seen/read could be easily fabricated or was conditioned to the company's supervision some would call that "biased" and unreliable.
    I'd think the reputation of most 'reviewers' from gamespot and PCGamer would be reason enough not to go to them. Gamespot have been proven to change reviews based on bribes (amount of advertisement bought by companies on their site) and PCGamer are no better.

Also - MMORPG.it has a history. It's an Italian site, why is it so hard for you to comprehend that there are websites for other languages that you haven't heard of? Are you that small-minded?
    No matter how hard you wish that to be true it does not hold in the real world, if you want credibility you go to a credible source that is how it works, it also has been mentioned and quoted that the 2 admins were under alot of restrictions to what they could post and not (note the DF logo on the Screens as well) some would call that "biased".
    You got owned.

Weak attempt at trolling.

Fail.
    I have seen this before on your "HAHAHA DF has professional programmers" 
    No you wouldn't, you've already proven you don't trust websites not in English OR the Greek news media.
    Yep greek news and mmorpg.it that pretty much excludes all credible sources of information about gaming out there.
    You got owned.
    Weak attempt at trolling by assuming the person you were quoting had no skepticism about Darkfall.

Fail.
    Again nothing to say some gibberish and calling people trolls as a defense as usual
    5 years. About the same amount of time we had to put up with hype about WoW, only for it to rescind countless ideas in favour of common denominatory favouring, idiot friendly crap.

Wow you really dont know the game has been in development and hyped for 7 years damn guess you dont know anything about DF after all.

You could say that about every game currently about to be released. Here, let's take an example;

OMG Dawn of War 2 looks too good to be true! I'm really excited about it! But wait... if it's too good to be true, it probably is! OMFG!!! I must let others know the truth, in the only way I know how - by trolling every DoW2 forum available!!!
    Imbecile.
    Doesnt reallly matter how I round this up you wont understand the difference between a credible game company and a shady one and whats likely to be release and whats not. But hey lemme know how DUKE NUKEM FOREVER turns out to be.

- Zaxx

• Thoric485Thoric485 Member UncommonPosts: 525

CD Projekt > EA

I rest my case.

"The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,
    To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!
    On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore."
  • beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Darkfall troll wars, mroe fun to watch than the superball, anyone wants some popcorn?

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• KtinosKtinos Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Originally posted by beaverz

Darkfall troll wars, mroe fun to watch than the superball, anyone wants some popcorn?

Me!!!

• Ezekiel77Ezekiel77 Member Posts: 61

Greetings all. I havn't read any posts in a while. Could somebody update me on this game? It's been about a month since I last read up on it. What is the status with the beta? Is it really open yet? Does anyone know anyone who has played it? Etc....

A/V Nerd-

Onkyo TX-SR706b receiver
    (2)Klipsch RF-35
    (1)Klipsch RC-35
    (2)Klipsch RS-42
    (2)Polk R15
    (1)Premier Acoustic PA-10 sub