Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW SHADOWBANE EXPANSION THRONE OF OBLIVION

Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79

www.throneofoblivion.com

Posted by Ashen:

"Hey everyone! Just checking in from the AGC (which has been fun so far and I've run into some familiar faces from the community) and wanted to let you all know that it is true, we are working on an Expansion Pack labeled "Throne of Oblivion".

The official announcement should be hitting the Chronicle of Strife soon but until then, here is basically the jist of everything:

Today we are pleased to announce the second expansion pack for Shadowbane entitled Throne of Oblivion. Details for Throne of Oblivion will be revealed over the following weeks. Click Read More to view the official announcement.

SHADOWBANE: THRONE OF OBLIVION™ ANNOUNCED

Extensive Expansion Pack Introduces New Vampire Race for Online Role-Playing Game

SAN FRANCISCO – September 9, 2004 – Ubisoft, one of the world’s top game publishers, announced today the Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion™ expansion pack will be available at a manufacturer’s retail price of $19.99 on November 30. The expansion for the critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Shadowbane® will feature an entirely new realm and rulership system that allows players to seize and vie for control of sections of the game world.

"Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion brings guild warfare and city sieging to an exciting new level with a strategic end-game that is unprecedented in the genre of MMO games. ‘Build an Empire’ was one of the early rallying cries of Shadowbane and with this expansion, our players can do exactly that," said Frank Lucero, Shadowbane’s producer. “Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion brings with it the new Vampire Race, new classes and disciplines, each with special powers and abilities designed to enrich PvP combat. Additionally, graphical improvements and extensive refinements to the existing siege system will enrich play and improve performance.”

In addition to the new strategic systems, Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion will feature extensive new player options centered around an invasion from the Lands of the Dead. Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion marks the first time in an MMORPG that players can play Vampire characters. The Vampires’ clothing and armor will spotlight their supernatural power and allure and demonstrate the appeal of these creatures while exploring a new visual direction for Shadowbane. Their unique powers, strengths, and weakness will add new layers and tactics to the Shadowbane PvP landscape.

New classes, including the Nightstalker, Necromancer, and disciplines including Vampire bloodlines and four new siege disciplines will also debut in Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion. Existing classes and disciplines will be undated to account for the arrival of the undead legions, and new weapons will add new dimensions to the existing power dynamic, forcing players to make new strategic decisions.

Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion will also feature graphical enhancements, shown off to their fullest in new adventuring areas with all-new high-level content.

Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion is pending rating by the ESRB and more information can be found on the official Shadowbane community Website, The Chronicle of Strife: chronicle.ubi.com.

Minimum PC System Requirements

Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® III 700 MHz or higher or equivalent
RAM: 128 MB RAM
Video Card: 32 MB TNT2 (or better) OpenGL-compliant graphics accelerator
DirectX® Version: DirectX 8.1 or higher
CD-ROM: 4x or faster
Hard Drive Space: 1 GB free hard drive space
Multiplay: 56K modem + Internet connection

Valid credit card

About Wolfpack Studios, Inc.
Founded in early 1999, Wolfpack, a Ubisoft Company, is dedicated to servicing the Internet gaming marketplace. Focused on pushing the boundaries of Internet technology, Wolfpack develops products and services for a worldwide customer base with the mission of establishing a new standard in the areas of virtual 3D environments and persistent world gaming. For more information on upcoming Wolfpack titles, please visit the company's World Wide Web site at www.wolfpackstudios.com.

About Ubisoft:
Ubisoft is an international producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the multimedia industry, Ubisoft has grown considerably, especially through its strong and diversified line-up. In addition to steadfastly continuing to partner with several high-profile companies, Ubisoft has also confirmed its presence on the global market by developing its own exceptional properties. Founded in 1986 in France, Ubisoft is now present on every continent, both through offices in 21 different countries including the United States, Morocco, Germany and China and through sales of products in over 50 countries. The group is dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers around the world. Ubisoft generated a turnover of € 508 million for the 2003–2004 fiscal year, up 22.5% at a constant exchange rate over the previous fiscal year. To learn more, visit www.ubi.com.

© 2004 Ubi.com Inc. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Shadowbane and Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion are trademarks of Wofpack in the U.S. and/or other countries. Wolfpack is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.

# # #
"

Well this sounds extremely interesting. Sounds like alot of new content and some interesting twist to SB.

Comments

• MorydinMorydin Member UncommonPosts: 78
    This sounds really cool!! I will be looking forward to it.

• hillshousehillshouse Member Posts: 5
    Its about time we had an upgrade or expansion.  I have been waiting for a long time.  Lets get this thing out and keep the best pure pvp on the market.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Yay! Lets light the crap that is SB on FIRE!

MURT WOULD BE PROUD!!!!!

-----------------

"I killed your cat, you druggie bitch."

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Kiamde

Yay! Lets light the crap that is SB on FIRE!

MURT WOULD BE PROUD!!!!!
    -----------------
    Hate to tell you but SB is the best pvp game on the market today. The UBI team has made astonishing improvements to the game since the beginning of the year. It is no longer infested with the bugs or the lag that were present at release. If you believe SB is crap, you trully need to try the game out now and give it about 2 months to see its full potential now. At that time if you do not love the game then you are a true carebear and really do not enjoy pvp.

• sexyape06sexyape06 Member Posts: 35
    yayayayaya i was hoping necromancy would be in one of the expansion . MY FAVORITE CLASS IS NECROMANCER (DIABLO 2 NECRO BABY) HOPE THEY GOT TIGHT NEW SKILLS SPELLS ECT.

P4 2.6 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 512K L2 cache
    PC 2700 Dual Channel DDR 512MB
    120 Gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache Western
    Apollo Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB

P4 2.6 Ghz 800 Mhz FSB 512K L2 cache
    PC 2700 Dual Channel DDR 512MB
    120 Gig 7200 rpm 8mb cache Western
    Apollo Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB

• AgathosAgathos Member Posts: 16
    They shouldnt be charging people for it. They have a lack of players as it is

"They say im different... Well im not the same."

www.wattzbeatz.com/eq2
    "They say im different... Well im not the same."

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

I think if they allowed you to play the free trial for a full 15 days and did NOT require a credit card # more people would be willing to DL it and give it a try. I know I would.

ROLEPLAYERS UNITE!!!!!

"we're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs....drink up me hearties yo ho"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I just went to that webpage... how stupid can the people be who made this webpage?

You have the 8 pictures on the bottom of the screen... you "float" your mouse over a thumb nail and it shows the picture above... uh... only half the picture.  I still use 1024x768 since my monitor sucks... so it's annoying to see the pictures...  I have to hit F11 for full screen or go to a higher res... [which I really can't do]

Another reason why I don't play SB anymore.  If they could just make a webpage that worked would be nice... come on UBI!

What will he do next?
  • HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

1) Why wouldn't they ask for a CC# when it comes to a free 15 day trial? Every other MMO that offers a pre-purchase trial asks for one, so why should they be any different in the customer's financial area?

2) This is going to be a worthwhile update to the game if only because they're going to finally make SB Mac OS 10.3 compatible (at least that's the biggest update limiting their mac audience atm and would be a rather ignorant oversight).

So those with Macs you can finally come back since the update will be regardless of if you by the expansion or not (duh, its only going to unlock the new race and new classes).

::::20::

• shonjirshonjir Member Posts: 2
    Hopefully this time its a 'real' expansion not just like RoC which was/is a bugged piece of crap

• Stravus-EBStravus-EB Member Posts: 79
    RoC was done by the WP team before UBI bought them out. The first patch that UBI put out after they took over WP was alot more content than RoC. I am absolutely postive from the composition of patches that UBI has put out that ToO will be a full xpac and not just a $20 patch.

• QuantumArtQuantumArt Member Posts: 32
    I returned to play SB a few months ago, after not having played in over a year. I have to say the game is improving a great deal... but it still lacks combat balance.

QuantumArtist

Check out my site with computers built specifically for MMORPG players!

www.RPGpc.com

If you purchase via phone, please be sure to tell them you're from RPGpc.COM!

QuantumArtist

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Just a few notes here:

1. Not all MMO's offering trials ask you for your CC#. Take Eve for example, no CC needed. Crappy game, good idea.

2. After the state of the game 6 months after release, I'm having a hard time imagining that aprox a year later they've got it to where it should have been for release. WP always seemed like they were out to make a quick buck, but I think that the damned thing should be free, even though I don't play anymore.

3. Did they charge for the 1st Expansion? image

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

• QuantumArtQuantumArt Member Posts: 32

You know what I think the problem is? I think they're spending too much time on graphics and such, and not enough on the core game... the dynamics, rules and so on, before they begin a project.

I cant believe the number of games that completely lack any sense of combat balance whatsoever. Seeing how most of these games are combat oriented, a concept like combat balance should be a priority... you'd think...

QuantumArtist

Check out my site with computers built specifically for MMORPG players!

www.RPGpc.com

If you purchase via phone, please be sure to tell them you're from RPGpc.COM!

QuantumArtist

• jonp_11jonp_11 Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Djin

I just went to that webpage... how stupid can the people be who made this webpage?
    You have the 8 pictures on the bottom of the screen... you "float" your mouse over a thumb nail and it shows the picture above... uh... only half the picture.  I still use 1024x768 since my monitor sucks... so it's annoying to see the pictures...  I have to hit F11 for full screen or go to a higher res... [which I really can't do]
    Another reason why I don't play SB anymore.  If they could just make a webpage that worked would be nice... come on UBI!

So basically you are trying to blame them for your shitty monitor / resolution and at the same time adding zero content to this thread.

I came here just to check it out and see what it was all about, but wasn't looking to tell them why I don't like their website / game. Looks cool, Will have to see the details with this, but by that time too many new games may be catching my attention :)

• HirzikHirzik Member Posts: 57

In what world do you live? I have yet to see a game worth a $0.01 that doesn't ask for a CC# (excluding shareware). If you want free games stay away from MMOs as realistically you're not going to find a good one for free. As for SB and issues, thus far SB is more stable than its been at anytime when WolfPack itself was incharge of it since Ubi took over.

As for balance, it is balanced. its balanced based on skill, as technically no matter what ideas of superiority a person may be able to create within ShadowBane someone else with some imagination and intelligence will come up with a very quick and easy way to kill them and gain some kill shots (every character has its defining flaws rather obvious or not, heck even Developers die in ShadowBane).

Also with the amount you complain about these games, have you ever tried to make one? Or worked on one in real sort of contributing manner?

Yes they did charge for the first expansion as if you don't pay you don't get the new race, new classes, or access to the new island. Which seems fair since up until recently it was the easiest place to hit level 75 (new elves is easier in some respects as is the newest zone that was added in the desert).

::::20::

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

looks great. I might reactivate for the expansion if its good enough, i'll have to check out what people think about it first.

• ZerackusZerackus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    With breaking my NDA..the expansion is an awesome addition to the game. All the siege improvements and mining will make the game now a non stop fight for control. Even the smaller guilds get their ability to compete. New weapons, new armors, new classes, new race, new disiplines are all very well done. Shadow Bane will make a good come back with this expansion.

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net