Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Halls (ratings and info)

AiomonAiomon Member Posts: 12

Hello. I am about 2 weeks into starting Guild Wars. I was considering buying a Guild Hall for my Guild, The Rue Rebellion [Rue]. I really liked the thought of a pre-searing guild hall, so I looked into Wizard's Isle. According to GuildWiki it is very bad in GvG. Isle of the Dead  was my second choice. This forum is for posting information about all of the Guild Halls (for stupid people like me) and for rating (out of ten).

Here is the format I would like.

{...............Information..................} 

What campaign it is from

10/10 rating

Overview of the Guild Hall

P.S. Please use my format

P.S.S. Here is a list of all the Guild Halls

Prophecies -

Burning Isle (Ring of Fire theme)

Druid's Isle (Maguuma Jungle theme)

Frozen Isle (Shiverpeaks theme)

Hunter's Isle (Kryta theme)

Isle of the Dead (Catacombs theme)

Nomad's Isle (Crystal Desert theme)

Warrior's Isle (The Battle Isles theme)

Wizard's Isle (pre-Searing theme)

Factions-

Imperial Isle (Raisu Palace theme)

Isle of Jade (The Jade Sea theme)

Isle of Meditation (Shing Jea Island theme)

Isle of Weeping Stone (Echovald Forest theme)

Nightfall-

Corrupted Isle (Realm of Torment theme)

Isle of Solitude (Vabbi theme)

Isle of Wurms (Desolation theme)

Uncharted Isle (Istan theme)

P.S.S.S

I own both Prophecies and EotN (but include both factions and nightfall info for others).

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

This may not be what you want to hear...but I wouldn't really worry at all about the competitive side of a guild hall just yet. Being two weeks into the game the minor differences between guild halls won't have much effect on your playing as you won't be doing high-ranked GvG. 

If I was you I'd go for the guild hall I like best. I too enjoy Warrior's Isle, as well as Frozen Isle.

• AiomonAiomon Member Posts: 12

Sure I shouldnt worry yet but I just want to know what halls I should look into... Are you saying even though The Wizards Isle sucks I can still get it and not get killed so hard just because I'm a noob? Another question... How much does a Guild Hall cost?

Originally posted by Aiomon

Sure I shouldnt worry yet but I just want to know what halls I should look into... Are you saying even though The Wizards Isle sucks I can still get it and not get killed so hard just because I'm a noob? Another question... How much does a Guild Hall cost?

What I'm saying is that if you get killed, the guild hall will have very little say in it. It will be because you are a noob (no offense  but we all learn with time). 

A guild hall costs 15 platinum excluding NPCs.

ONLY 15 plat!!! I was thining like 100 plat.

It's the NPCs for the guild hall you're going to fork the cash over for 

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

The different guild halls encourage different kind of gameplays where Burning Isle (pretty much impossible to split) and Frozen Isle (most splitfriendly) are the two most extreme examples. You'll get on your Guild Hall map most of the GvGs and thus picking one that fits your guild's style of playing might be a good idea. Considering you're a beginner and the concept of splitting and how to do that properly may not be the easiest thing to start with my recommendation would lean towards Burning Isle. However when also taken into consideration that you after two week probably won't have a very good thought of how the PvP in game works and your guild will most likely be horribly unorganized, focusing on learning rather than winning will probably me more important. In the current state your guild will be you will get rolled by most teams, regardless of map. Until you've learned the game and how it works, your Guild Hall is irrelevant.

Ok... Sure we will get rolled hugly at the begining. I just don't wanna buy a new hall when my guild is more experienced. According to Guild Wiki and my pals, Wizards Isle sucks. My second choice was Druid Isle. Is it any good?

P.S. and is there trees? I seem to like green enviroments in games.

P.S.S- noboady followed my format and did what this forum was intended for!!! But it's ok.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i like wizards isle most especially cuz of its Pre Searing environs. you cant go back to Pre Sear unless you got a perma pre char, but this guild hall showcases the beauty of Ascalon.

our guild cycles thru the guild halls every month, depending on the season, ie Isle of the Dead for Halloween til end of Nov, Frozen Isle for december, wizards isle last october, Corrupted Isle when we were doing DOA

but Wizards Isle is my personal favorite

sorry i didnt use the format heh

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525
    This forum is for posting information about all of the Guild Halls (for stupid people like me) and for rating (out of ten).
    Here is the format I would like.

That's pretty impossible. Like someone already mentioned, it all depends on your team build and playing style and you can't rate GHs 'just like that'. With build A I would rate GH A a 5/10, GH B 9/10 and GH C 3/10. With build B it could be totally different: GH A suddenly is 9/10, GH B 6/10 and GH C 7/10.

What I would advice: watch Observer mode a lot and look at the top guilds. What GH are they using, and what team build do they have and what playing style (agressive? defensive?) do they have.

In general: 'Obs' is a great source of information if you want to get into GvG. Good training: copy a team build from a top guild, and try to figure out how THEY play this build. The build is good, since, obviously, they win a lot with it. Biggest pitfall of starting GvG guilds is that they keep tinkering with builds and keep changing skills in and out of the build, and end up getting stuck in discussing builds, instead of their own personal performance. If they lose a match, they blame the build, and not the player skills, and eventually get nowhere. So that's why I advice to copy a build from a top guild: there's no excuse for blaming the build, since it obviously works. It forces you to look at your individual performance.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

Ok... Sure we will get rolled hugly at the begining. I just don't wanna buy a new hall when my guild is more experienced. According to Guild Wiki and my pals, Wizards Isle sucks. My second choice was Druid Isle. Is it any good?

P.S.S- noboady followed my format and did what this forum was intended for!!! But it's ok.image

Druid's Isle is fairly splitfriendly meaning you'll probably face tactics that you, as a beginner (no offense), will be unable to grasp, thus meaning you get rolled. My recommendation remains the same: pick Burning Isle and you'll reduce the number of times you'll get rolled and easy the learning process.

Ok... The burning Isle. But it looks like crap. I want one ( I know it's dumb) that looks cool and is good. Comon dudes. Just follow the format for everyone. IS THE DRUIDS ISLE GOOD? IS THE WIZADARDS ISLE GOOD?

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Ok... The burning Isle. But it looks like crap. I want one ( I know it's dumb) that looks cool and is good. Comon dudes. Just follow the format for everyone. IS THE DRUIDS ISLE GOOD? IS THE WIZADARDS ISLE GOOD?

Ok, since you are dead set on completely ignoring what some people said here in this thread, and you vehemently want to go for looks:

10/10 rating

Overview of the Guild Hall

P.S. Please use my format

P.S.S. Here is a list of all the Guild Halls

Prophecies -

Burning Isle (Ring of Fire theme) 10/10

Druid's Isle (Maguuma Jungle theme) 10/10

Frozen Isle (Shiverpeaks theme) 10/10

Hunter's Isle (Kryta theme) 10/10

Isle of the Dead (Catacombs theme) 10/10

Nomad's Isle (Crystal Desert theme) 10/10

Warrior's Isle (The Battle Isles theme) 10/10

Wizard's Isle (pre-Searing theme) 10/10

Factions-

Imperial Isle (Raisu Palace theme) 10/10

Isle of Jade (The Jade Sea theme) 10/10

Isle of Meditation (Shing Jea Island theme) 10/10

Isle of Weeping Stone (Echovald Forest theme) 10/10

Nightfall-

Corrupted Isle (Realm of Torment theme) 10/10

Isle of Solitude (Vabbi theme) 10/10

Isle of Wurms (Desolation theme) 10/10

Uncharted Isle (Istan theme) 10/10

DRUIDS ISLE IS TEH SHITZ. WIZARDS ISLE IS AWESOEMESAUZE.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

I don't mean to be mean at all, but your inexperience is showing. You can't simply rate a guild hall in said format. Important variables exist, such as the build your team is running. We may end up recommending a guild hall that is completely unsuited for the build your team decides to run, but excellent for the build your competitiors run, for example. It's just not that simple.

Ok... The burning Isle. But it looks like crap. I want one ( I know it's dumbimage) that looks cool and is good. Comon dudes. Just follow the format for everyone. IS THE DRUIDS ISLE GOOD? IS THE WIZADARDS ISLE GOOD?

Burning Isle got lava and shit and it's the best Guild Hall for beginners. You came here to ask, and you got your answer. You've kept ignoring our suggestions and seem quite set on buying a Guild Hall such as Wizard's Isle rather than listen to our suggestions. I've not played that much on Wizard's Isle but for a beginner team a catapult and the ability to split on it means you'll get a steep learning curve. Quoting from GWWiki (a bit outdated regarding the VoD suggestion).

This hall is not popular in high end GvG, and for good reason. The defending team has poor position and the random nature of catapults plus the risk of NPCs getting sieged or blown up by AoE is a great liability. On the other hand, if you are designed to play defensively and stall until VoD, the wooden gate area and catapult may be an asset to you. For general play, however, this hall is weak on defense, doesn't provide great splitting opportunities, and doesn't have anything that is tactically advantageous.

So for short: Wizard's Isle is an unpopular map and for you it will be a much steeper learning curve playing on that map than on Burning Isle.

Ok. Finally I toured all of the guild halls, and I realise what a stupid person I have been. Buring Isle's is cool looking and good... Ok. Sorry. But please usae this forum the way it was intended. As a generally overview of all guild halls. Not just for noobs like me...

• redOrcredOrc Member Posts: 100

P.S.S- noboady followed my format and did what this forum was intended for!!! But it's ok.

Wizards Isle is one of the best GH out thre (if not the best overall).

It gives an advantage to the home team (your team).

Only new guilds will not know how to use it correctly. Therefore  people here suggested you pick a simpler GH.

I ended up choosing the Isle of Meditation for my guild. Thanks for everything but keep usin this forum for it's first purpose.