Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SL customer support help

sgtzrocksgtzrock Member Posts: 1

i couldn't find how to fix my problem in the game some thing about my graphics card kept on crashing but i installed all the new drivers and what not to get it to work but to no success. so i though i know i will ask there team of experts what i could do (ha). I find out that ii ahve to submit a ticket to them (fair enough) i then find out that as i dont pay for the game that i can not get any help on trying to get the game to work in the first place.

I sent in a ticket under basic/guest account tab saying

"i have recently started playing this secondlife but i have encountered a problem with my graphics. i have attached a DX diag to this ticket as i hope it will help find my problem.

thanks in advance for the help"

there reply was

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.

As a Basic Account Holder, you are not entitled to this level of support through the ticket system. This support is currently only offered to Premium account holders.

We encourage you to look through our extensive knowledge base, the solution finder, the forums and the wiki to solve this problem.

You could also visit one of the help islands in world and ask a helper or mentor for advice regarding this issue.

You can find the knowledge base and solution finder at www.secondlife.com/support.

If you need help with your password, please visit www.secondlife.com/password or call us on:

US/Canada (toll free): 800-294-1067

Long Distance (not free): 703-286-6277

If, however, your issue is in fact regarding one of the basic account questions in the drop down menus for Ticket type: 'Special questions - Basic account or guest login', then please re-submit a ticket under the appropriate ticket type.

Regards,

DavidT OnTyne

Linden Lab Support"

so now i still dont have a working game they have lost me as a customer because i could not even start the game to begin with. so they want me to pay to get the game to work because they wont help me untill i pay.

i find this compeletly stupid if they want to make money from people they should be able to offer support on getting the customer to at least be able to try the game...

i have spent 2 minutes in the game b4 crashing out and that is all the time i am willign to spend on a game with no customer support.

Comments

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

so your mad because you cant get tech support for a free game? who is gonna pay those techies?

anyway ill try to help you out, what kind of video card do you have (name series and memory)

and how much ram do you have?

xp or vista?

edit :

actually:

http://secondlife.com/support/sysreqs.php

** Second Life may not run on graphics cards other than the ones listed above.

The following cards are NOT compatible with Second Life:

* NVIDIA cards that report as a RIVA TNT or TNT2

* ATI cards that report as RAGE, RAGE PRO, or RADEON 320M, 340M, 345M, or similar model numbers

* Intel chipsets less than a 945 including Intel Extreme

* Cards with the following branding: 3DFX, RIVA, TNT, SiS, S3, S3TC, Savage, Twister, Rage, Kyro, MILENNIA, MATROX

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

The customer support is quite nice when it works and has the 3 times I needed to use it.  I even got paid Lindens(almost 5 dollars worth) when I specifically told them why I was canceling my premium membership.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by paulscott

The customer support is quite nice when it works and has the 3 times I needed to use it.  I even got paid Lindens(almost 5 dollars worth) when I specifically told them why I was canceling my premium membership.

They gave you five dollars not to cancel your account? thats not really customer support. It sounds more like a bribe!

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Nope They gave me 5 dollars after I canceled My account and kept it canceled.   It summarized everything I didn't like and what they needed to avoid doing at any and all costs for me to care about the game at all.   It was more along the lines yep we understand your frustration thank you for pointing out everything we're doing wrong from your prespective it's very valuable input.

Granted I get +10 rolls on customer support rolls due to my ability to be extremely concise, having the motto "This is my problem it's only the CS guys problem if they make it so", and understanding WTH a customer support rep isn't (IE: The reason for your problem).

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Had the same problems as yourself. Altho I don't log on often anymore, I still pop in to say 'Hi' to some old friends. I found last year with my new PC I would crash every few mins. Went threw everything to find the problem, but couldn't pin it down. So to save myself the aggrivation, I quit trying to log in n took the game outta my PC.

Oh n I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics. My older two pcs work fine for SL...just not the newer one.