Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Warcraft is a better game.

Reasons why Warcraft is the better game.

EUla: You only have to agree with EULA when a new patch is out.

Program: Warhammer takes over a gig of memory to run what is essentialy the same amount of graphics.

Interface: Warcraft has the more adaptable interface.

Chat Interface. Warcraft has the more adaptable and usable chat features.

Mail system. Warhammer can only send one thing at a time and the mail server is laggy.

Lag: I experience lag effects at three times the amount I ever had in WoW.

Combat System. Warhammer buttons are all on the same cool down which feels like you are hitting rubberbands. Spells and abilities have a noticable delay in proccing.

Class differienciation. Warcraft classes are totally different from each other. Where a Magus,Engineer, Squig Hunter, Shadow Hunter play about the same.

Emotes: Emotes are next to un-noticable in Warhammer.

Emmersion: With the different emotes for not only different races but classes and sexes, Warcraft tends to let the player more identify with his alt.

Instances: This is the dirty little secret of Warhammer. There are tons of different instanced areas on Warhammer.

Dungeons: While it is a known RVR/PVP game, Warhammer offers a couple of instances which are nothing but a string of PQs. The whole PVE experience is a total dissapointment.

PVP: Warcraft offers 2,3,5 man Arena fights. 10,15 and 40 man Battlegrounds. None of these have timers on them so you have to win not just get ahead and turtle. Then it offers several PVP World objectives

and soon with WotLK, it will offer instanced seiging. Most people will tell you that because of server imbalances most RVR doesn't happen in Warhammer.

Reliability: Simply put Blizzard has a lot longer to work out the bugs(and personally I think they have the better talent to do it too)

Communications: Blizzard hosts it own servers with player and dev tech assistance. The also give a better idea where they are heading with their patches.

And finally heart. After playing Warhammer for 2 months, I can tell you it just leaves you feeling there is something missing. I cannot imagine that I would play this game for 3 years like I did WoW.

Waiting for the next thing

Comments

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Ghist

Program: Warhammer takes over a gig of memory to run what is essentialy the same amount of graphics.
    Mail system. Warhammer can only send one thing at a time and the mail server is laggy.
    Combat System. Warhammer buttons are all on the same cool down which feels like you are hitting rubberbands. Spells and abilities have a noticable delay in proccing.
    Class differienciation. Warcraft classes are totally different from each other. Where a Magus,Engineer, Squig Hunter, Shadow Hunter play about the same.
    Emmersion: With the different emotes for not only different races but classes and sexes, Warcraft tends to let the player more identify with his alt.
    Instances: This is the dirty little secret of Warhammer. There are tons of different instanced areas on Warhammer.
    Dungeons: While it is a known RVR/PVP game, Warhammer offers a couple of instances which are nothing but a string of PQs. The whole PVE experience is a total dissapointment.
    PVP: Warcraft offers 2,3,5 man Arena fights. 10,15 and 40 man Battlegrounds. None of these have timers on them so you have to win not just get ahead and turtle. Then it offers several PVP World objectives

and soon with WotLK, it will offer instanced seiging. Most people will tell you that because of server imbalances most RVR doesn't happen in Warhammer.
    Reliability: Simply put Blizzard has a lot longer to work out the bugs(and personally I think they have the better talent to do it too)
    Communications: Blizzard hosts it own servers with player and dev tech assistance. The also give a better idea where they are heading with their patches.

And finally heart. After playing Warhammer for 2 months, I can tell you it just leaves you feeling there is something missing. I cannot imagine that I would play this game for 3 years like I did WoW.

Could never get into WoW. Tried it on release, trials (key letter s) and accounts from friends. Never could get into WoW.

PvE and Fluff/Emmersion (as in a digital world) is the only thing that bothers me about WAR.

DAoC felt like a mmorpg. WAR feels like a mmofps/rpg.

Not saying its a bad game. Im having fun and resubed again.  Just still waiting for UO2, SWG ( The real SWG not the game that carries its name now)  hell even a EQ (Early EQ not EQ2 or now EQ).

And no Darkfall doesnt interest me. I say that cause this site is full of DF fans. 

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

hrmmm...

I like War better.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203

Really, so can you go back to Warcraft forum. 

Heres how it is. 

PVE - Warahmmer pve is the same aqs everyone elses. Kill X amount of w/e, go here go there, find this. Thats it, always. You think it sucks? WoW quests are the same.

PVP - arena? Are you kidding me arena is run by druids, thank you come back later.

Communication- Yeah cause chuck norris is so appealing to hear of everyday, WAR players use Vent in most cases. (Kiddies arn't allowed on vent. so thats why barrens chat is the way it is and warhammer isn't

Realiability - A joke right? these guys are constantly throwing pacthes, minor patches to fix hings. Everyday theres at least a tiny pacth, unreliable. What a joke

Emotes - the dumbest thing ever in a MAN's game. You know, man's game with KILLING not HUGS!

Lag - upgrade ur rig, seriously

Emersion, yeah cause gnome knights make huge sense

The intro movie is good for WAR

You know what forget it, just another person who claims WoW is so great but isn't playing it but using the forum (I'm at work) so c yah around

Enjoy : )

• ShooshooShooshoo Member Posts: 19

You are comparing a 4,5 years old with a 2 month game... Is it comparable? No, why? Because Wow Had more time to fix, renew and innovate things. Stop trolling arround, go check some wow old screens, the firts ones that were taken when the game was released then come back and try to make comparisons!

P.S: And about that thing of seiging in Wow... guess what War Has It! And guess another thing Daoc (that is from the same creators) had it to and it was one of the first games to introduce it...

Wow is a very lame Copy of many games...bit of this... bit of that ... -.-''

{ Mod Edit }

Roses are gray
    Violets are green,
    I love your legs...
    And what's BETWEEN! :D

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

While I thought WoW was a good game, it wasn't the best game I've ever played (still have a soft spot for FFXI). I lean towards WoW as a better done game but still...

Ive said some harsh things about WAR I thought to be true from how I saw it when I played it, but I don't think I'd ever come on the WAR site and post how much better WoW is as a topic starter.

I thought WAR was just meh, but it's not a horrid game. People like it fine, I won't talk others out of it, just give my opinions.

I think you may be crossing lines titling posts like this though. It only serves to bring in blind fanbois and hater trolls.. both who are worthless in their contributions.

Please don't do this this way.

• EndlosEndlos Member Posts: 127

Why War is a better game:

WoW looks like Saturday Morning children's vomit.

• GhistGhist Member Posts: 275

Did I mention how lame crafting is?

btw

Antec Truepower Trio 650W Power Supply

Samsung SH-S203B Black SATA DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 RAID

EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTX 575MHZ 768MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum FATAL1TY Champion Series 7.1 W/ Black Front Audio Bay & Remote

OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL5-4-4-15 DDR2

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box

Window Vista 64 Ulitmate

if this is too little machine, then the game isn't worth playing.

• GhistGhist Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Endlos

Why War is a better game:
    WoW looks like Saturday Morning children's vomit.

And you are saying WAR looks better?

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

For a moment there I was about to agree that crafting is pretty lame in WAR.... But then I look at the title and... Sorry, when did they un-lame WoW's crafting?

Come on, both games are lacking in this regard.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

Heres how it is. 

PVE - Warahmmer pve is the same aqs everyone elses. Kill X amount of w/e, go here go there, find this. Thats it, always. You think it sucks? WoW quests are the same.

PVP - arena? Are you kidding me arena is run by druids, thank you come back later.

Communication- Yeah cause chuck norris is so appealing to hear of everyday, WAR players use Vent in most cases. (Kiddies arn't allowed on vent. so thats why barrens chat is the way it is and warhammer isn't

Realiability - A joke right? these guys are constantly throwing pacthes, minor patches to fix hings. Everyday theres at least a tiny pacth, unreliable. What a joke

Emotes - the dumbest thing ever in a MAN's game. You know, man's game with KILLING not HUGS!

You know what forget it, just another person who claims WoW is so great but isn't playing it but using the forum (I'm at work) so c yah around

WoW quests actually have a story behind it, even the level 10 quests near sentinel hill will emerse you moreso then any war quest,

Arenas are controlled by druids in maybe 1500-1700 when it's all a game of who runs out of mana first, try being good at pvp before you judge it

Even a good rig cant get past an area having more then 30 people in it in War, the lag is rediculous, and a man's game.. seriously?

a MAN's game....... THAT's a joke...

and the movie thing is stupid.. i dont mind pressing esc to get past it.. and yea i have played war, and yea it was fun at first up till about 25 then it's just a grind, the same grind, at least wow is a grind with dif things to grind for dif rewards

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Log in screen.: You only have to escape out of the movie at log in once. Don't care its annoying but it doesn't make WoW better.
    EUla: You only have to agree with EULA when a new patch is out.  Really don't care it takes 2 whole seconds to click the check box and hit accept whiel its still logging you into the game.  It again does not make WoW better or worse.
    Program: Warhammer takes over a gig of memory to run what is essentialy the same amount of graphics.   Completely NOT True at all.  WAR while using a similiar lively color scheme is more graphically intensive especially with the use of shaders, collision detection, and higher resolutioned models that you can customize through trophies & color schemes which WoW does not do at all.
    Interface: Warcraft has the more adaptable interface.  Load of shit ... You have to download player made mods to do anything with WoW's interface.  While you can do this with Warhammer basically anything you need to do with WAR's interface including hiding, shrinking, or moving in any order you wish can be done through War's Interface tool IN game.
    Chat Interface. Warcraft has the more adaptable and usable chat features.   They pratically have the same interface what game are you playing?
    Mail system. Warhammer can only send one thing at a time and the mail server is laggy.   Wow whens the last time you played? THey fixed the mail server over a month ago.   To be honest those that send mass mail shouldn't be allowed too its just an exploitable feature that lead to mass piss offs in WoW with all the scammers and gold sellers constantly abusing.
    Lag: I experience lag effects at three times the amount I ever had in WoW.  Get a new computer or fix the one you have..I have a mid spec'd system and the only lag I've seen is in the newest scenario and maybe a tiny bit of neglible lag during larger ORVR fights.
    Combat System. Warhammer buttons are all on the same cool down which feels like you are hitting rubberbands. Spells and abilities have a noticable delay in proccing.  This a due to server / client lag more than anything its greatly improved since launch with new improvements on the way from the test servers.   The global cool downs is ompletely subjective..if we didn't have global cool downs ...the game would be completely insane.  Most MMO's tend to have them.
    Class differienciation. Warcraft classes are totally different from each other. Where a Magus,Engineer, Squig Hunter, Shadow Hunter play about the same.   ....ROFL..wait...ROFL!   Horde and Alliance classes are 100 percent the same.   There's little differiantion at all ever period and they got rid of any uniquness by giving pallies and shamans to the opposite sides.  While Order & Destruction classes have 'mirrors' neither side's mirror plays exactly the same.   My squig herder is a mirror to order's white lion BUT he plays more like a shadow warrior as a skirmishing class.    This allows for both sides to have unique feels to their characters but be maintable and balancable across the board.
    Emotes: Emotes are next to un-noticable in Warhammer.    I have to agree but then the few times I see RPers trying to use them on RP servers is hilarious by the time they get through their emote battle they're dead since the otherside isn't going to bother with emotes when a target is there for the killing.
    Emmersion: With the different emotes for not only different races but classes and sexes, Warcraft tends to let the player more identify with his alt.  All the emotes between the races, sometimes classes, and most definitly the Realm pairings are different some are more standard but most are different every race has its own special emote, their own way of waving, their own weird verbal insults to each other etc.
    Instances: This is the dirty little secret of Warhammer. There are tons of different instanced areas on Warhammer.     I wont comment since your probably counting the scenarios which honestly don't count in my opinion they're mini games people overly focus on for xp grinding not as actual content.
    Dungeons: While it is a known RVR/PVP game, Warhammer offers a couple of instances which are nothing but a string of PQs. The whole PVE experience is a total dissapointment.  They are not instances they're accessable by everyone in the realm at the same time in the same zone its essentially its own 'zone' like the realms are.  It is NOT a PVE game why anyone judges its based on PVE expectations is beyond me and completely stupid.

WoW has lame worthless do nothing PVP for mini games it doesn't affect the world in anyway or lead to anything other than personal EPEEN.   WAR atleast has things there that make PVP substantial and part of the major game...just the player base seems to be too stupid to try it.   Infact let me be blunt WoW's lack of REAL pvp is why I quit.   I expected Warcraft even on PVE based servers to have good PVP that i could flag myself for and enjoy..guess what it doesn't..they took the War out of Warcraft and made it Raidcraft.
    Reliability: Simply put Blizzard has a lot longer to work out the bugs(and personally I think they have the better talent to do it too)   yes thats why people have been bemoaning the game for years...they put out alto of fixes but only because their fixes content and expansions break alot.   Mythic has better and listens more to its community.
     ....Mythic does the same..wehre are you living under a rock?

Honestly dont post shit if you dont know what your talking about otherwise I will catch you in your lies and beat you over the head with them.

WoW is a shallow PVE game for people who like Raiding, Casual PVE, and not much else.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Another rabid WoW fanoboi out for flames. Really I can't for the life of me understand why I ever spent so much time in that game if it attracts people like these.

and /report out of principle.

• KrelnorKrelnor Member Posts: 118

WHy does it matter to everyone which game is better? Play the games you like and keep your critsizing comments to yourself.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by markoraos

Another rabid WoW fanoboi out for flames. Really I can't for the life of me understand why I ever spent so much time in that game if it attracts people like these.

and /report out of principle.

Meh.. every game has them.  WoW just has more because its the top game right now with the most players.

Besides, the OP does make some good points. 

Oh and the mail system is still not fixed on my server dark crag.  It is still very slow and very annoying. 

I've said it before, and I will say it again: Warhammer should have been postponed.  It is way too rough.

• NivezNivez Member Posts: 93

god i love how folks seem to just forget WoW when it first came out and how shitty and unpolished it really was. Wow's mailing system was horrible and LAGGY back in the day. Give War a few years and i bet all the crap everyone is crying about will be polished.. OMG just like WOW is! crazy concept right?

• orioniteorionite Member UncommonPosts: 139

install nomovies patch
    this almost made me quite WAR... NOT. Seriously, how does that make a game good or bad?
    WoW is almost exactly 4 years old... I would hope that newer games make use of current systems, incl. memory availability
    How? Everything in WAR is resizeable, moveable. Addons are out already...
    Give you that one
    Mail server has been fixed. Get an addon for mass mailing. WoW didn't have this in the beginning either.
    Without knowing your system, this is neither here nor there.
    Different game design. Global cool down is a fact and maybe a matter of taste?
    Umm, no they don't...  But i guess there is some duplication in WAR as there are always 2 mirrored classes and each race has (or will have) 4 distinct archetypes, which overlap.
    Thank god!
    I guess that depends on what you want to get out of it. WAR is much more MMOfrag than WoW. Somewhat a gree with you.
    Whether instances are good or bad is still up to debate. I like them.
    How is that different from an instance in WoW? Especially the multi-wing ones.
    PVP: Warcraft offers 2,3,5 man Arena fights. 10,15 and 40 man Battlegrounds. None of these have timers on them so you have to win not just get ahead and turtle. Then it offers several PVP World objectives and soon with WotLK, it will offer instanced seiging. Most people will tell you that because of server imbalances most RVR doesn't happen in Warhammer.
    Servers are slowly balancing out. There are some who have a 1:1 ratio. Mythic is also offering free transfers to low faction pop servers. Also, servers are only a couple of months old. Not everyone is in T4 yet, so it's no surprise that there haven't been city sieges on every server. RvR is very much happening at lower tiers!
    Umm, when did you start playing WoW? Warhammer has had an exceptionally good start, when compared to most other MMORPG releases. The bugs are ironed out, and if you follow the class balancing patch discussion on the forums you would see that Mythic has been incredibly responsive to the community on the PTS.
    Server hosting? Couldn't care less. direction of the game. Maybe (see age of WoW), you just have to like the direction.

That may indeed be true. Nothing will ever compare to one's first love :)

I was getting ready to flame you, but you actually presented your case in a mature manner. I just don't think that any of the things you mention make a game good or bad. I still like WAR, but like you, I don't know how long it will keep my interest. I will reach T4 next week or so, and I guess I will see if there is enough fun to be had in the end-game or not.

So, I hope you don't take this as the flame it was originally intended to be ;)

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Anyone remember wow at launch? Hunters didn't even have talents, constant game breaking bugs that forced you to log out, random disconnects when in instanced dungeons. Bugged loot drops off of boss mobs, that not only didn't give you the loot, but made your character bent over and forced you to log, which kicked you out. Disconnects that set your character back 10-15 minutes. No PVP rewards, of any kind, the only good "PVP" was tarren mill for several months.

Sync problems with casting and delayed reactions ( just like war). Amazingly lackluster ( although now they boosted it a ton) tradeskills. Need I keep going?. It is a historical MMO fact, that MMO games take time to develope. I can't stand it when people say, it should be BETTER or AS GOOD as wow or other elder MMOs at launch. You can't do this, content wise ( which warhammer, if you actually sit and look, has a TON of content for a launch game). Polish will happen, some merges will come and im pretty sure it will be a very viable game in the coming months.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Started playing MMOs in '99.  I am currently running 2 MMOs...neither is called wow.  One however is WAR, and will be WAR for months to come.  But you enjoy whatever game makes you smile...Because I am.

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

Did I mention how lame crafting is?

btw
    Antec Truepower Trio 650W Power Supply

Samsung SH-S203B Black SATA DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache

ASUS P5N32-E SLI Nforce 680I SLI LGA775 Conroe ATX DDR2 2PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI SATA2 RAID

EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTX 575MHZ 768MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Platinum FATAL1TY Champion Series 7.1 W/ Black Front Audio Bay & Remote

OCZ Platinum XTC PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL5-4-4-15 DDR2

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Kentsfield 2.40GHZ 1066FSB 8MB Retail Box

Window Vista 64 Ulitmate
    if this is too little machine, then the game isn't worth playing.

WoW is a great game, but some of us has played it for so long we are burnt on it. I played the game for 3 years, thats a long long long time. I dont think I could play it anymore. As for the next best thing, thats the problem who knows when its going to come around. Bioware could do something real special with Star Wars lets hope. But you have to think AOC and WAR were very hyped games and to some was the next big thing coming.

Who knows if anything will come close to dethroning WoW, until then you can either

1. Not play anything.

2. Find Alternative.

3. Or find something new that appeals  to you, good luck.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

I don't like WAR or WoW, but even I can say this is quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever seen. Especially spelling immersion wrong, and the PvP part.

WoW is a PvE game. Its PvP is a tacked on failure of an afterthought, and WAR beats it day and night with RvR, the most fun and successful RvR system, originated in DAoC by Mytthic and applied to WAR. 

• tikovootikovoo Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by SignusM

I don't like WAR or WoW, but even I can say this is quite possibly the dumbest post I've ever seen. Especially spelling immersion wrong, and the PvP part.

WoW is a PvE game. Its PvP is a tacked on failure of an afterthought, and WAR beats it day and night with RvR, the most fun and successful RvR system, originated in DAoC by Mytthic and applied to WAR. 

lol, spelling police...

WAR failed in its PvP / RvR in my opinion because it loses the all important 3rd faction found in DAoC and Mythic went ahead and released a rush job with WAR. I dunno how they can ever turn it around especially with the mass exodus happening...

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by tikovoo

Originally posted by SignusM

lol, spelling police...

WAR failed in its PvP / RvR in my opinion because it loses the all important 3rd faction found in DAoC and Mythic went ahead and released a rush job with WAR. I dunno how they can ever turn it around especially with the mass exodus happening...

I don't think they did a rush job, and any cut features they announced way ahead of time.

I do think they missed something with third faction RvR, due to the fact that there is no third faction in WAR lore... its not something they can mess with. Also, they made scenarios too easy and important, instead of proper RvR. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by tikovoo

WAR failed in its PvP / RvR in my opinion because it loses the all important 3rd faction found in DAoC and Mythic went ahead and released a rush job with WAR.

Here I actually agree with you. They made a misstake of mixing Chaos and greenskins. The balance and RvR would be a lot more fun if there was 3 sides instead of 2 and the lore about chaos and greenskin as buddies feels kinda weak, they hate eachothers guts.

Warcraft is a better game currently, but no MMO are finnished until a year after release, not even wow was that and WAR can become a really good game still.

• ShooshooShooshoo Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

Originally posted by Gregtheexcon

Heres how it is. 

WoW quests actually have a story behind it, even the level 10 quests near sentinel hill will emerse you moreso then any war quest,

Arenas are controlled by druids in maybe 1500-1700 when it's all a game of who runs out of mana first, try being good at pvp before you judge it

Even a good rig cant get past an area having more then 30 people in it in War, the lag is rediculous, and a man's game.. seriously?

a MAN's game....... THAT's a joke...

and the movie thing is stupid.. i dont mind pressing esc to get past it.. and yea i have played war, and yea it was fun at first up till about 25 then it's just a grind, the same grind, at least wow is a grind with dif things to grind for dif rewards

Dude... Did you acctually even realised that WAR quests ALL of them make part of a story? That's why they call it chapters, in the time you advance more in the game, you will unlock more stories... Wow in the past few years has became more lame, the lore is destroyed, Play War3 And play WOW, see any diferences? I Saw, MANY! that's why i left...

Roses are gray
    Violets are green,
    I love your legs...
    And what's BETWEEN! :D

• eq2jseq2js Member Posts: 94

WAR character customization sucks. you forgot to mention that :)

The WoW talent trees are way better than the 3 tree linear Warhammer system

WoW will have more new content

WAR can have "new content" as much as that's even possible for PvP (very little) and any new PvE will be a joke and a waste of the devs time

WoW: over 11 million subscribers

WAR: under 1 million subscribers

and about 50% of the people that left WoW for WAR are back, myself being one of them. WAR is an overhyped piece of crap MMO