Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In case anyone was curious, mxo is in fact totally dead

13»

Comments

• centrik91centrik91 Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by Shifty360

Although I have not played in more than a year, I suspect it is somewhat on the downward slope.
    I wish they would take this game, scrap it and create another Matrix Online. Atleast try some new concepts and ideas, start from a different point (possibly before "The One").
    I played at launch and got to level 50, along with the first few on the server, and I remember how fun it was. Unfortunately, when they killed Morpheus off I just said to hell with this and quit. (I was Merovingian btw).
    Anyone know if <The Collective> or <The Sirens> are still around?
    I remember those Outfits? or Crews? Whatever they were called.
    Proud member of The Collective.

www.thecollectiveguild.com

The game isn't really "dead."  It has a steady stream of subscribers, a very close knit community (though drama does ensue, and some fun pvp. 

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

I love how people rabidly defend dying games especiallly $OE games like this game and SWG, just let it die

• TumbletownTumbletown Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by firefly2003

I love how people rabidly defend dying games especiallly $OE games like this game and SWG, just let it die

ns, imo its dead - move on people

• yharyhar Member Posts: 16

"No Lieutenant, your game is already dead."

• tyanyatyanya Member Posts: 199

The odd thing is why people feel the need to pronounce a game dead, if it were dead no such emphasis would be needed!

MxO dared to be different and paid the price but it reamins one of the few real alternatives to dull generic elfdom out there worth taking a second glance. In fact the game engine is now very solid and the pvp system is the best of any mmo of its generation, the community is great and the realisation of the Matrix is spot on (even if the devs are now working against it).

The continuing story theme was a great concept, unfortunately poorly executed and heavily underdeveloped in the move to SOE it is now largely disconnected/contradictory to the rest of the game, but on all other levels the game shines and is well worth sampling by any decent mmoer.

I wish I'd had the wisdom of the poster above not to involve myslef with the 'story', because otherwise I'd still have been enjoying it 4 years in...no mean feat for any game!

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

i played the trial, the game had some fun stuff but missions were too repetitive, just didnt grab me. but the game aint dead, theres some ppl running around... almost all high lvl. i doubt mxo has over 10k subs.. ao with its 12k seemed much more lively to me when i played it, also in the p2p zones there were more people around

i did trial on recursion server, the only one to achieve medium load (and that is in at primetime)

but dead? no...

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264

Originally posted by 3on1

i played the trial, the game had some fun stuff but missions were too repetitive, just didnt grab me. but the game aint dead, theres some ppl running around... almost all high lvl. i doubt mxo has over 10k subs.. ao with its 12k seemed much more lively to me when i played it, also in the p2p zones there were more people around
    i did trial on recursion server, the only one to achieve medium load (and that is in at primetime)
    but dead? no...

A game with virtually no development in many years and player base of a few hundred is by all means dead.

• FickeyFickey Member Posts: 33

MxO might not have development team that other major games are blessed with but the few devs we have are trying to pump out as much content as they can with what they can work with. As stated in a previous post they just released a new construct with what looks like another one on its way.

As for how many players the games has.... it's enough for SOE to keep three servers up and running... so that right there should say something. There are more than a couple of hundred....

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

Too bad what you all write here, doesn't help me make up my mind. I kind of miss MxO, but I couldn't cope with the repetiveness then, so I am not sure if I can now. And since I am not a PvPer really......

I don't mind the combat, although I always thought (even after the combat V2 or whatever it was called) that the randomizer was too random (for better or worse, dep. on if you lost or won). It is the barren areas that turns off, as in many other MMOs. Good in a way if you just want to solo, bad if you need help.

Are the Vixens still around? Was a fun guild, was there at the start of the game, females (IC not necessarily iRL) only

imageimage

I know a lot of people who use the play won't come back and thats expected.... it would be nice though if we can get people who never played to try it out.... I know it's a long shot but it never hurts to try!

As for the Vixens... I don't know if they are still around. If they are you don't hear from them like you use to heh...

• smitty0356smitty0356 Member Posts: 368

Just checking in since these forums are so dead....  It's been over a month since this post was last posted and it is still on the front page...

Not one update has been made to this game in a very very long time.  No zones... content... nothing. 

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!

Elite poster by 82

No updates to the game? How can you say that when they just released a new construct with all types of new drops about three weeks ago?

Ya granted most people don't consider that content or an update but it's still something! The last game update was June 26, 2008 and the update before that happened May 15, 2008. They aim to have a new update every month with SOMETHING added to the game.

I just find it hard to see how you can say there have been no updates...

• smitty0356smitty0356 Member Posts: 368

I think sometimes we are just talking to eachother on here fickey.  I miss this game being fun, but it is just a goner.

Elite poster by 82

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I tried it.  It didn't exactly suck but it was not engaging enough to subscribe to.  If I ever renew my station pass I will probably log  on every once in a while.

• TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214

I jacked back in after a long time away (station pass :) ) must admit I liked playing but after an hour or so it felt all too lonely.No chat or others running around.

Gameplay - wise it was much better than when I left  but its very empty.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

its not 100% dead..ONly about 50

% lol. Great game and most the ppl are loged on from 4Pm-12AM est time. MC usualy has enough to lagg the game on everyone lol so about 200-500 ppl

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by jircris

its not 100% dead..ONly about 50

% lol. Great game and most the ppl are loged on from 4Pm-12AM est time. MC usualy has enough to lagg the game on everyone lol so about 200-500 ppl

The game is nearly 100% dead.  The sad reality is that MxO isn't THAT bad.  If a real developer could get ahold of this game it might be worth playing.  It has some cool things to it, but the bad far exceeds the good.

Tecmo Bowl.

• konrad16660konrad16660 Member Posts: 182

This game won't be shut down, but it is definately on life support.  This is not a game for anyone to be starting now.  Its just a game that is still played by a select few that only care that it is matrix, not that it is a good game.

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

I'd rather watch a Keanu Reeves movie than play MxO.

• xRedxxRedx Member Posts: 1

It's not entirely dead !

There's us oldies , always around...its alive and kicking..

• RahyuhtRahyuht Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Fickey

I know a lot of people who use the play won't come back and thats expected.... it would be nice though if we can get people who never played to try it out.... I know it's a long shot but it never hurts to try!
    As for the Vixens... I don't know if they are still around. If they are you don't hear from them like you use to heh...

Don't worry Fickey.As soon as my copy gets here I'm trying It.Gonna give It a good run also.Game can't be that dead.It Is still online people.

• honeycutt01honeycutt01 Member Posts: 2

yeah well i love it but the games store employees never heard of it the company should start advertising and restocking the store shelves with the game

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by honeycutt01

yeah well i love it but the games store employees never heard of it the company should start advertising and restocking the store shelves with the game

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by honeycutt01

It's cheaper for SoE in the long run to just put on places like D2D or Fileplanet.

MxO isn't dead, but it's been on life-support for years....Recrusion is losing it's RP, Syntax has PvP but that's not exactly a good thing when all you have going on is 10 Machinists/Cypherites standing around Mara C with their thumb up their butts waiting for Zion/Merv to eventually show up.

Vector has been hit the hardest, most of our population has went to Syntax...at least there they can find a fight.