Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

weapons?

will there be some way to "empower"  your weapon or make it stronger? if so will it be a time based limited amount?or unlimited or a use based?

this meaning...

will there be way a spell can be cast non your wep that will make your wep absorb this power and unleash it on the opponents for a few min and then slowly die away.

or will it be where you will have a relic attached that has 150 uses and once these are up it will lose it's power and die away making you now need to get a new relic.

or will it be that you will attach or 'refine' being the word we are used to in the world of RPGs. Where you will be able to upgrade your wep with items that will give a permanent bonus on your wep allow you to take out enimies with not only a certain weapon type but also a bonus of damage or extra honing(for sword) or extra weight(for hammer)

and if so will these items be found in the world, will they need to be brought, or will they need to be traded with several rare items? or will you win them in tournament

or will the weapons not be able to be upgraded and will be the same for anyone who uses that weapon with no customizing in this regard

Comments

• noobzornoobzor Member Posts: 43

well crazyst3ve from what i've been reading here and other places, i think that some of these things are in CoS already.

see the rest of my post on the thread i made.

• skipethskipeth Member Posts: 66

Read the CoS Q&A section on their website.  Specifically the sections on Equipment and Crafting.  That should answer your questions and as you will see, there is no need to cry.

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by crazyst3ve

will there be some way to "empower"  your weapon or make it stronger? if so will it be a time based limited amount?or unlimited or a use based?
    this meaning...
    will there be way a spell can be cast non your wep that will make your wep absorb this power and unleash it on the opponents for a few min and then slowly die away.
    or will it be where you will have a relic attached that has 150 uses and once these are up it will lose it's power and die away making you now need to get a new relic.
    or will it be that you will attach or 'refine' being the word we are used to in the world of RPGs. Where you will be able to upgrade your wep with items that will give a permanent bonus on your wep allow you to take out enimies with not only a certain weapon type but also a bonus of damage or extra honing(for sword) or extra weight(for hammer)
    and if so will these items be found in the world, will they need to be brought, or will they need to be traded with several rare items? or will you win them in tournament
    or will the weapons not be able to be upgraded and will be the same for anyone who uses that weapon with no customizing in this regard

Both of the other answers are correct, but I'll also answer you more specifically.

1) Empowering your weapon: Yes, through the use of Grim and Radiant power. The effect is not time based, once done, it remains.

2) No relics, though we do use talismans and charms that can be worked into the object to add powers, once worked in they cannot be removed (though there is a way to save ONE of the powers you put into an object by destroying the object to extract it so you can use it somewhere else).

There are also other items, runes and gems that do other things if added to your object. All items can be found by adventuring, indeed, you can even go on an adventure to find something specific you are seeking (not just random drops) Of course, you can also trade for them, and win them in tournaments.

Also... spells can be added to your object for a one time use. This is nice in that you store the spell ahead of time, and even if you run out of concentration to cast a spell, you can use the previously stored spell as a 'backup'.

And yes, there is more... our object system is very robust allowing for a LOT of customization of your equipment, from look to function. I've only barely touched on the system here (we won't release greater detail until later; some things have to be savored).

So, no need to cry, just get yourself an object with great potential and start working it into something stupendous!          

• crazyst3vecrazyst3ve Member Posts: 12

lol i'm sorry i only noticed it was already mentions before

this game to me sounds better and better as i look into it because there will now be a sense of uniqueness in it like no other, where you will not see the same character twice resulting in a more ROLE playing feel. Then i think the best thing for me to do is sit back and see what comes out and enjoy the end RPG 

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

advnacing weapons Yay make sure and take a look at Lord of the rings for this to know what not to do. Great idea they put in but implemented horribly