Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

By christmas fc will be no more.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

$3.12 a share today and falling. You get where this is going.

Comments

• kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224

so AMD and GM are going to be gone by Xmas too? since there stocks are lower than Funcoms?

or do you just not know wtf you are talking about? im going with the latter.

• blackwolf082blackwolf082 Member Posts: 42

wish people would stop pull carp out of there ass and stop acting as if they can see the future or something

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

The only issue with Funcom compared to AMD, etc, is the fact that revenue for AMD is considerably HIGHER than Funcoms MMO's.

I do agree that discussing Funcoms demise is premature. But, if they cannot convince people to come back, then funds will eventually dry up.

Here is wishing them luck.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

While AOC's stock price is at an all-time low that can mean 2 things:

- The company is smaller and expecting smaller things in the future

- The company is going bust

- A combination of the above

There's no real certainty until after the fact :)

• silmarilsilmaril Member Posts: 73

The share price reflects what investors is guessing about the future, and is not some absolute truth about what will happen with a company. As we've seen during the past months, the average professional investor is about as good at that estimation as my pair of dice.

AoC has had a disappointing 6 months and FC has been hit hard by that. The stock was absurdly high earlier this year around release, and since the FC stock is traded by even more people without a clue than most stocks (since your average Gaming Joe wants his 100 shares), it is also hit harder now. Of course it is possible that the company can go bust in a few months (how many would have bet their money on all those bank going bankerupt a year ago), but the current AoC subscription base is likely to let them continue development until release of their next games.

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600
    Originally posted by hobo9766

Yes, this is going in the direction of another "i am a stock market analyst pay attention to me" post.

I dont play AoC, dont really care for it, but stock price is not a good indication of where a company is headed during a world-wide economic recession. Get damn clue, there are massive corporations around the world that have dropped up to 90% in stock prices and are projected to stay alive by cutting some jobs and downsizing. I suspect FC will follow suit.

Until FC goes bankrupt or AoC closes down STFU and play something you like instead of wasting time on the forums posting Bullshit.

• arimerarimer Member Posts: 124

Man It's been a while since we've had one of these dumb threads.

• BrueskieBrueskie Member UncommonPosts: 42

With the worldwide financial troubles sapping people's disposable income, what will be the first spending luxuries folks drop? I would say video games that cost a monthly fee to play will be among the first to go. World of Warcraft and maybe a couple of others will be the only ones to survive if things get much worse. Tiny companies like FC that are struggling as it is won't have a prayer.

• arimerarimer Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Brueskie

With the worldwide financial troubles sapping people's disposable income, what will be the first spending luxuries folks drop? I would say video games that cost a monthly fee to play will be among the first to go. World of Warcraft and maybe a couple of others will be the only ones to survive if things get much worse. Tiny companies like FC that are struggling as it is won't have a prayer.

In most cases my opinion would be those would be some of the last things cancelled.  Think about it 15 bucks for a month of entertianment whereas movies for 2 are 15 bucks for 2 hours.

• noggy1980noggy1980 Member Posts: 343
    Originally posted by Brueskie

Cheap entertainment like computer game subs weather the financial troubles with no problem in the same way that cheap food places like mcdonalds do well. $15 for a months entertainment looks very attractive when times are hard. Funcoms sub losses have nothing to do with people struggling money wise and everything to do with the product and the companys actions.

• arkady09arkady09 Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by Rehmes

Yes, this is going in the direction of another "i am a stock market analyst pay attention to me" post.

I dont play AoC, dont really care for it, but stock price is not a good indication of where a company is headed during a world-wide economic recession. Get damn clue, there are massive corporations around the world that have dropped up to 90% in stock prices and are projected to stay alive by cutting some jobs and downsizing. I suspect FC will follow suit.

Until FC goes bankrupt or AoC closes down STFU and play something you like instead of wasting time on the forums posting Bullshit.

Most of AOC'sstock drop happened as a direct result of the AoC launch flop.  Before the onset of the drops in the market.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Fcs last report wasn't that bad. Yeah, the stocks are low but they still have quite a few subs. If things where that critical, they would fire off a lot of people first.

No, just a thread again.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Last time I made a thread like this the stock reached a record low despite all the people saying I am an idiot or fool etc. Comparing this company to AMD is just asinine. I don't think Dubai has in interest in saving conan's ass.

• DominaznDominazn Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Rehmes

lol...you all just got burned!

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Last time I made a thread like this the stock reached a record low despite all the people saying I am an idiot or fool etc. Comparing this company to AMD is just asinine. I don't think Dubai has in interest in saving conan's ass.

u still playing AO? lol

but ontopic: read the Q3 financial presentation and u can take your words back, and by christmas ill make a topic to laugh at you ;)

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

buy

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

If nothing else they just did recieve cash from Kores biggest MMO company to license out AoC the korean version so they do get some cash.

But compairing a small software company to a hardware company is wrong. Still, FC isn't that poor. Also, they can always license out the engine from AoC if they really needs cash.

This whole thread is pointless, while FunCom is doing far from great, they are also far from broke. AoCs Polish and Russians versions are soon released too, they will at least generate some cash.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

So they are going under despite the latest Q3 report:

Cash balance of TUSD 34.779 as of September 30, 2008 and low interest bearing debt. Payment from Eidos for box revenues in Q208 has been received after Q308.

Funcom does not need any external funding in 2009. Most of Funcoms cash and cash equivalents are being held in NOK.

I guess its good we have people to tell us how things will really turn out.

Never mind Q3 report ->  www.funcom.com/funcom/frontend/files/CONTENT/Funcom_Q308_report_2912.pdf

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by blackwolf082

wish people would stop pull carp out of there ass and stop acting as if they can see the future or something

Teach a man to fish, and he will never go hungry.

• SkyyeSkyye Member Posts: 4

Also per the Q3 Earnings Report and per funcom:  Revenues expected to drop from 18,065 in Q3 to 8,000 to 10,000 in Q4.  And beyond Q4 drop off all the revenues they are accruing from the geniuses that bought 6 mo subs originally and have quit 3 months in.  Methinks OP has a point.

• YeehawYeehaw Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Originally posted by blackwolf082

Teach a man to fish, and he will never go hungry.

double ROFLMAO

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

It went up a bit, it's at 3.15 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUNCOM

(Oslo: FUNCOM.OL / ISIN NL0000062461)

Last Trade: 3.15

Trade Time: 9:15am

Change: Down 0.03 (0.94%)

Prev Close: 3.18

Open: 3.50

Bid: 3.04

Ask: 3.45

1y Target Est: 3.41

Day's Range: 3.15 - 3.50

52wk Range: 3.48 - 55.50

Volume: 25,019

Avg Vol (3m): 320,033

Market Cap: 132.03M

P/E (ttm): 78.75 x

EPS (ttm): 0.04

Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)

FUNCOM (FUNCOM.OL)

• heboricheboric Member Posts: 10

All the world leaders must come to this forum to aid them in the worlds struggling economy. I am sure the OP and others who religously study Fucoms stock prices could aid them . 

• VespersVespers Member Posts: 246

Gotta luv Carp even if you pull it from yer arse.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Vespers

Gotta luv Carp even if you pull it from yer arse.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me