Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about beast handling

Okay, the Beast Master forums on SWG are just about the most pompous and self-important ones going so I thought maybe i'd ask here. Most of them seem a long way up their own arses.

Does anyone know how many pets can I have in my datapad?

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by RonnieB

Okay, the Beast Master forums on SWG are just about the most pompous and self-important ones going so I thought maybe i'd ask here. Most of them seem a long way up their own arses.

I know you can have a certain number of mounts...I think it's like seven, but I don't have an active account right now to refer to in order to give you the exact number.  My only full fledged BM toon had to transfer some mounts off the datapad in order to take on his newly hatched graul mount back on one of the vet trials.  As a result one of my post NGE toons has a giant carrion spat mount which you don't see much of any more.

The number of fighting pets I think is eight, but I wouldn't swear to it.  Might be much higher.  My former MCH elder Jedi has a full datapad of critters, both mount and non-mount, from preNGE days.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

I believe you can have up to 12 pets.  Mounts and vehicles are counted separately, you can have 16 of those.

• GylandianGylandian Member Posts: 1

Hi Ronnie. I see your question has been answered so I won't do that again. I just signed up on here for the LOTRO forums but used to play SWG a lot until I cancelled, thought i'd check in here.

I used to be a BM, if you are into BM crafting I have tons of data from mutation attempts if that's your bag ingame. I crafted my components in a particular way so I could get mutagen value of 10 or higher and still get 60pt mutants when they mutated. It has over 600 lines of data from up to 4 incubators, run by BMs with different main professions. I did post on the forum about it but it's probably long sunk into the abyss.

I got all the mutants I wanted and just got bored with SWG. Unfortunately the game seems to be going backwards a bit at the moment. About the forums, just ignore the attention whores there who hint at having a big secret but never actually give out any hard details, it's easy to work out who they are . The BM forums are much the same as any other, mostly helpful but with a few incoherent ranters with the writing skills of an 8 year old.

• RonnieBRonnieB Member Posts: 5

thanks that's a lot of info

i'm not great with figures but i guess from the conclusion that DNA and Iso are the most important thing? and that mutagen doesn't appear to matter too much? i will try and get the parts to start making some hydros using your info

thanks that's a lot of info
    i'm not great with figures but i guess from the conclusion that DNA and Iso are the most important thing? and that mutagen doesn't appear to matter too much? i will try and get the parts to start making some hydros using your info

Purity on your components is most important if all you really care about is the stats.  Mutagen comes into play when you want to attempt to mutate the beast you're creating.  Lyase values are somewhat importate too :)

i didn't think lyase mattered for making mutants, it doesn't seem to from the data? which is what the info is all about and what i want to try

i didn't think lyase mattered for making mutants, it doesn't seem to from the data? which is what the info is all about and what i want to try

For mutations, you'll want to read this,

http://www.swgpets.com/swgpets/wiki/index.php?title=Mutation

.  Lyase colours play an important part in mutations.

Originally posted by Obraik

Well colours do yeah, but you said values in your previous post and I haven't read anything anywhere that says Lyase values are important when trying for mutants. Maybe we were talking about different things.

Originally posted by Obraik

Well colours do yeah, but you said values in your previous post and I haven't read anything anywhere that says Lyase values are important when trying for mutants. Maybe we were talking about different things.

Lyase values are going to be important in most cases as that affects the number of stats that will recieve a bonus on your pet.  So if you get a Lyase with a value of 11, then 11 of the 12 stats on your pet will be improved.

• GrandAmGrandAm Member Posts: 404

I tried the last vet trial.  In this new vet trial BM functions the same.   Sure they now let you create a pet to be used as a house dec.  But the actual animal is limited to the life on only ground.  As a house decorator I whant the animal to sit where I want it to.  Not just on the ground.  As of now only its control plate moves.

If Obraik or others know of a work around.... please let me know.

I don't want "heroic" or "star warsy."  I just want to live in the SW universe.  An Uncle Owen type is fine with me.  Even desired.

"Suddenly, thousands of Trekies whose heads are full of facts of things like the stardate when the Cardassians farted on Deep Space nine are irrlelevant." - hardcoremoviecritic

Originally posted by GrandAm

I tried the last vet trial.  In this new vet trial BM functions the same.   Sure they now let you create a pet to be used as a house dec.  But the actual animal is limited to the life on only ground.  As a house decorator I whant the animal to sit where I want it to.  Not just on the ground.  As of now only its control plate moves.
    If Obraik or others know of a work around.... please let me know.
    I don't want "heroic" or "star warsy."  I just want to live in the SW universe.  An Uncle Owen type is fine with me.  Even desired.

Free placeable pets are reserved for those that have pre-nge pets - new ones will always come out with that plate underneath. They didn't want to take away that specialty or something....

Gyl do you want all that incubation data back? There's too much for me there to get my head round (i'm useless with Excel) and the e-mail you used seems to not work. I take it that was a temp one you sent it from.