Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars still the best

2»

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by tro44_1

The PvE in Guild Wars is very Boring.

It is only a super large Quest Grind. I hate grinding Quest, both in this game, WoW, and other games.
    This game also has no unique End Game contents. Everything from 1-20 is the same. At least in WoW, the PvE becomes more epic with larger PvE raid fights.

The PvP on the other hand is decent, but not great. I hate Arena. And Guild War's PvP in nothing but different types of Arena e-sports.

The World in Guild Wars in Instanced.
    And the game has no economy. The game being no immersion.
    Everything is played for you. Click to Move, Auto Move, Auto Face, feels like Warhammer or something.
    The Characters feel like robots, and have poor Movement Animations and Swing Animations.
    The character models look poor as well for certain classes.

And the game only allow the user to have access to 8 spells. I find this unfun. Many Spells go unused because of this mechanic, and some spells only function when certain effects are up, which again limits the gameplay.

Guild Wars DEFINITELY is not for you. Your last comment just proves that so well. You don't understand that there's a reason for Guild Wars being the way it is. Essentially you're asking for it to be just another MMO. No thanks.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by tro44_1

The Characters feel like robots, and have poor Movement Animations and Swing Animations.

Have you ever seen a ritualist wield daggers, if no, you know nothing about guild wars animation. Even an assasin wielding daggers would make you go "woah! where did that come from?".

The thing I love about GW is the skills and a new player would not get it right away because they are either coming from a game where they spam one button or a game where you could ignore the skills you were using and just play. Like me for instance it took me a few months and probably a bit of reading to really fully grasp what I was supposed to do and when that clicked for me I was able to use lvl15s to clear a whole instance without dieing once, I tell ya now....the feeling is amazing. And after a while I started making custom builds of which I've used to finish HM bosses and NM bosses with great success and even PvP build for my dervish and Ranger....unstoppable is what they are called(if you've ever gotten into pvp fight that lasted for more than say....10 minutes then yeah you know what I mean).

All-in-all Guild Wars is an awesome game and because it is an established name and a great game alot of people will be purchasing GW2 day one probably even before day one, probably steal them from a truck or something hehe

This is not a game.

• AiomonAiomon Member Posts: 12

PRAISE Guild Wars. Although I have just started playing Guild Wars I also must agree that it is problably the best mmorpg out there... Well maybe not the best but still really good. I tried WoW and I must say, I have no clue why anyone plays it (maybe one but 10 million mislead people)! Walk, fight, walk, fight. Wow (pun intended).... And all of the quest really suck. Dark Age of Camelot was the best mmo I have ever played. The quests were great, PvP ruled and the cities... Tir na Nog was bigger than anyplace I've seen before. The music was great too. The only issue was nobady every was on. Like 1000 people in the whole server. No groups, talking or trade opportunities. So I started Guild Wars. I won't stop now. It's really good. I just wish there was some races..... wait.... Guild Wars 2 anyone?

• AiomonAiomon Member Posts: 12

PRAISE Guild Wars. Although I have just started playing Guild Wars I also must agree that it is problably the best mmorpg out there... Well maybe not the best but still really good. I tried WoW and I must say, I have no clue why anyone plays it (maybe one but 10 million mislead people)! Walk, fight, walk, fight. Wow (pun intended).... And all of the quest really suck. Dark Age of Camelot was the best mmo I have ever played. The quests were great, PvP ruled and the cities... Tir na Nog was bigger than anyplace I've seen before. The music was great too. The only issue was nobady every was on. Like 1000 people in the whole server. No groups, talking or trade opportunities. So I started Guild Wars. I won't stop now. It's really good. I just wish there was some races..... wait.... Guild Wars 2 anyone?

P.S. Sorry if it posted twice...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

GW2 is the game I look forward most to

I kinda burned out on the original game however.

Only bad thing in GW is that the character kinda stops in development very fast, I hope they fix this for GW2. It is one thing if advancing goes slow but it kinda totaly stops and in Factions and Nightfall, the PvE chars hits max very fast...

But since I mentioned the bad thing I must also say that this is the best programmed game I played, ever. And I been playing since the days of C-64 Never seen a bugg and the server was down once for 30 mins during the whole time I played it.

• ZoOoOZoOoO Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by lkavadas

I think Guild Wars has the worst PvP I've ever seen.  The combat mechanics and balance are very nice but the organizational apparatus is quite poor IMO.  I mean, this is technically an MMO and my PvP is on a smaller scale then even the smallest of Counter Strike servers.
    That ain't right.
    I do like the game though.

as someone who played for 2 years PvP at GW, i have to mention that the level of tactics you could find at some GvG ( guild versus guild) makes those fights, became something "huge" + the mechanics behind GvG at GW made GW the most balanced PvP ( non fps) game out there, still is.

"worst PvP" is a label, cant be attached to this game, at all.

• 883448883448 Member Posts: 12

i played for  about a year. After i've finishd the game on all my 4 character i stop, great game. <3