Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions i hope might be answered.

PyroModPyroMod Member Posts: 39

Hi all, i have a few questions about this game and appreciate any info you can give me.

1.   Can someone please tell me if i buy the original EQ2 game what expansions do i need? 

2.   What is the most populated server for general pve and raiding. Not into pvp too much but do enjoy it occasionally.

3.   What are the graphics like in the game? I can only tell by the screenshots and the videos but are they starting to look very dated? Maxed out do they still look good?

4.   Is the combat fast paced like WOW or does it feel a little slower like LOTRO?

5.   What is the leveling time like?

6.   What are the quests like? I have heard the pve in the game is some of the best in the genre. Is this true?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Comments

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by PyroMod

Hi all, i have a few questions about this game and appreciate any info you can give me.
    1.   Can someone please tell me if i buy the original EQ2 game what expansions do i need? 
    I think if you buy The Shadow Odyssey you get all the previous expansions. if you can find the original i would probably at least buy Desert of Flames and Kingdom of Sky for Alternate achievement lines.
    2.   What is the most populated server for general pve and raiding. Not into pvp too much but do enjoy it occasionally.
    Antonia Bayle is good for PVE and has a couple decent raid guilds its also the most populated.
    3.   What are the graphics like in the game? I can only tell by the screenshots and the videos but are they starting to look very dated? Maxed out do they still look good?
    Depends on your PC you can basically make the characters look like crap so you can run it on a low end machine or bump them to look amazing if you have a PC that can run it. Mind you have i have Duo Core 2.1 ghz 3 gigs of ram and a geforce 8600 and can run fairly smooth on high quality.
    4.   Is the combat fast paced like WOW or does it feel a little slower like LOTRO?
    From what i have seen in WOW I think its actually faster pace than WOW but i never played WoW at the endgame so i can't say for sure.
    actually they just lowered the time from 20-70 significantly ... i think someone said before it would take 160 hours now it will take 100 hours (or some crazy analogy like that)
    6.   What are the quests like? I have heard the pve in the game is some of the best in the genre. Is this true?
    there are your normal quests (kill 20 of these) but there are also signature quests which award you weapons from EQ1 and obviously hug quest epic style quest lines at nearly every higher level (50, 60s, 70, 80). don't forget to group up as well, got some great shared and instanced dungeons awaiting as well

• PyroModPyroMod Member Posts: 39

Thanks Ravanos,

I will call around today and see what i can get. Sounds great and i do really like fast paced combat. Most MMO's today have seemed to slow the combat down and i think they would all be better off if the combat was a little quicker.

Cheers

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I'm with Ravanos 'cept that I recomend Lucan Dlere. Avoid the EU servers, they lagg a lot.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by PyroMod

Buy the new expansion, its an all in one pack, includes all previous expansions and game

Antanio bayle is usually packed. I prefer the medium servers, and play on nektulos

http://www.mmorpg.com/galleries/miagisan
    Collection of EQ2 in the beginning, i play 1 notch up from balanced, i love the feel and graphics of the world

Faster than lotro, on par with wow i think (i havent played much wow, but i did play lotro for a long time).

Well i been back for one week exactly now, level 28 monk after a week, though a friend quests with me, so its pretty fast

Yup, you got your usual fedex/kill quests, but some of them are really great.
    Plus this game has things no other quests has, on top of your usual skills/achievement, you get onow 200+ achievement points to totally customize your game, as well as housing/decorating, appearance tabs so you can dress your character differently, choosing gods to worship will grant you additional skills (i think theres 10 gods now to choose from), huge worlds, and usually a great community.  Crafting is generally usefull for all levels, and are usually better than the looted stuff (well, in my opinion being level 28 thus far)