Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smoothest expansion I have experienced.

eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

TSO so far has been the smoothest expansion day I have expereinced. Servers were up about 4 hours before SOE posted eta for servers coming on line. Everything was smooth no lag and a lot of fun so far. Been playing about 4 hours and not a single issue. The new bear mounts look awesome to.

Comments

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I'll agree as far as I can, no problem with the updates or anything. The only disconnect I have is EBGames, where I pre-ordered from. I went to pick up my copy this morning, while the servers were down, and was told it would be a few days before they will get it in. I thought all this was coordinated and pre-planned. The guy shrugged and said "Oh well, PC games don't get much love". Considering the preorder went in over a month ago you would figure....*sigh* oh well. Sony did a fantastic job...EBGames-they lost a good customer.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by eccoton

Mom, look what followed me home from school today! Can I keep it?

• RhannekRhannek Member Posts: 47

I absolutely love the new maps, and the mini map. sooooo awesome.

------------------
    Playing:LotRO
    Waiting for: anything better than whats out now.

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Not that I am bashing the game in any way shape or form, but their expansion releases should be smooth by now. Including the original EQ there are 19 expansions that have been released. Five are for EQ II not including the adventure packs.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by spinach8puff

their expansion releases should be smooth by now. Including the original EQ there are 19 expansions that have been released. Five are for EQ II not including the adventure packs.

adding *any* new content / updates to an existing mmo ALWAYS has the possibility of a bumpy ride

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by eccoton

TSO so far has been the smoothest expansion day I have expereinced. Servers were up about 4 hours before SOE posted eta for servers coming on line. Everything was smooth no lag and a lot of fun so far. Been playing about 4 hours and not a single issue. The new bear mounts look awesome to.

I was hoping the bear mount images I saw were still in development.  I saw the pewter bear mount that comes with some pre-orders, but the one in game looks really nothing like that.  It doesnt really look like a bear, more like a half bear half hyenna.  

anyway, I preordered it, waiting for it to arrive and I'll resub for a bit.  i miss eq2. 

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

Hard to disagree with whats been said it did go smooth i'm back in now finally (dentist today,tooth taken  out) but theres none of the problems that were present for the last 2 xpacs.

Its possibly due to this one being alot smaller in size for the outdoor zone,its only got the one whereas EOF and ROK had many to contened with.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by NFWolfDude

I'll agree as far as I can, no problem with the updates or anything. The only disconnect I have is EBGames, where I pre-ordered from. I went to pick up my copy this morning, while the servers were down, and was told it would be a few days before they will get it in. I thought all this was coordinated and pre-planned. The guy shrugged and said "Oh well, PC games don't get much love". Considering the preorder went in over a month ago you would figure....*sigh* oh well. Sony did a fantastic job...EBGames-they lost a good customer.

I pre-ordered from my EBgames as well. They called me on the 16th and I picked it up on the 17th so was ready to go today. EB came through for me.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

I'll keep my Zhoul screw your little bear ... lol only kidding