Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK Is Amazing

Comments

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816
    Originally posted by xaldraxius

Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.
    If you can't deal with people who disagree with you without having a conniption fit about it, I would have to suggest that you abstain from posting on a public forum.
    Personally I despise WoW. I beta tested the game, and played it for a week before I quit. In my humble opinion it is the Fisher Price of MMO's. Spoonfed Pablum for the console gaming crowd; with bright colors and cartoonesque characters aimed at making a virtual merry-go-round for the same pre-teens who play Runescape.
    Any adult that plays it should feel ashamed that their idea of a fantasy world fit for adventuring in is so reminiscent of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

A better question Xaldraxuis, is why are you here? Looking back through your past posts you hate WoW. Here is a classic response you made to the "11 Million Subscriptions" post:

LOL

Ok, this is going to sound like trolling but, this only goes to prove my theory that 9 out of 10 people are morons.

(*I'm happy to be in the minority.*)

So you are an MMO elitist, and you post on the forums of the game you despise?

That is truly amazing..

I guess the Greater Internet Dickwad Theory is in full effect?

www.penny-arcade.com/docs/internetdickwad.jpg

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by donjn
    Originally posted by xaldraxius Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.
    Any adult that plays it should feel ashamed that their idea of a fantasy world fit for adventuring in is so reminiscent of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.
    I can name several responses that weren't exactly of the "intelligent discussion" variety. But because you agree with them, that makes them intelligent or easily overlooked by yourself..

It's a matter of perspective. I read most of the posts in this, or any other, forum and I don't see much intelligence in them either, but so long as it doesn't involve someone typing in all caps 'WOW SUCKS DONKEY NUTZ!!!' or such I qualify it as 'intelligent discussion'. Flaming would be a personal insult, and trolling an irrational attack on the game itself. Now my post...yeah that was trolling. But as you can see it was the worst that had been said, everything leading up to it was people 'intelligently' remarking about certain specific things that they don't like about the game, or things that they feel other games do better.

Just saying that you have to take a lot with a grain of salt around here. I'm glad you changed your thread title and got rid of some of the complaining you did in your opening post, and you see I called it complaining and not whining or QQing because I'm not trying to attack you personally.

You should go ahead and put back in what you had before, just because some of us don't agree, that doesn't mean that there aren't far more people who do agree with you. You just have to give them a chance, and don't take the bad comments so seriously.

I can be a jerk, but I'm not trying to be. I wouldn't have even posted were it not for the thread title. Don't back down so easily and don't look to the mods for help unless someone is really being an @ss. Defend yourself and your feelings about the game and you will find that before long other people will join in and support you and you will find people who you can discuss things with in a possitive way.

The forums are a lot like a game unto themselves. It is in the conflict that bonds are made and friendships are forged and happiness and rainbows and I think I am going to go puke now....

Originally posted by xaldraxius Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.
    If you can't deal with people who disagree with you without having a conniption fit about it, I would have to suggest that you abstain from posting on a public forum.
    Personally I despise WoW. I beta tested the game, and played it for a week before I quit. In my humble opinion it is the Fisher Price of MMO's. Spoonfed Pablum for the console gaming crowd; with bright colors and cartoonesque characters aimed at making a virtual merry-go-round for the same pre-teens who play Runescape.
    A better question Xaldraxuis, is why are you here? Looking back through your past posts you hate WoW. Here is a classic response you made to the "11 Million Subscriptions" post:
    LOL
    Ok, this is going to sound like trolling but, this only goes to prove my theory that 9 out of 10 people are morons.
    That is truly amazing..

;D

I play an integral part in the forum game.

I'm a villain.

Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.

A better question Xaldraxuis, is why are you here? Looking back through your past posts you hate WoW. Here is a classic response you made to the "11 Million Subscriptions" post:

LOL

That is truly amazing..

;D

I'm a villain.

Last I checked World of Warcraft was not like Pee-Wee's Playhouse..

A week is not enough time. It's shame you missed some great exploring, some great quests and adventures. An amazing musical score and a huge, open world of possibilities. I feel bad for you because you now post in the forum of the game you hate. I have seen your other posts where you say everyone who plays WoW is a moron..

You obviously have a deep obsession with convincing the world that WoW is bad. You may want to give up that fight. Perhaps the only way to conquer this, is to play it for more than a week? That is just not enough time to formulate an opinion, regardless of what you have read about the game..

Good to see a real "roleplay" poster however....lol I liked the villain thing :)

BTW I like your taste in games. I noticed that you have tinkered with AoC lately and have left Warhammer behind. I ended up liking AoC more than War for some reason. I may come back if the lag spikes go away.

And I love Fable 2 and the original as well. Now that is a dynamic world. I cant disagree with you on that one.

It is in the conflict that bonds are made and friendships are forged and happiness and rainbows and I think I am going to go puke now....

LOL!

That is signature material...

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360
    Originally posted by markoraos

To OP:
    I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Blizzard for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being a death knight is really epic so who cares, right?
    And besides 150 mil $ per month really isn't enough to develop more than one class after 4 years.
    Oh, and you can change your hairdo as well which really is a truly epic thing. It's nice seeing all that subscription money I spent over all those years go for a good cause. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Bodypass is that you? 

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

LOL

That is truly amazing..

;D

I'm a villain.

Good to see a real "roleplay" poster however....lol I liked the villain thing :) 

Ooooh Oooooh, can I be the fanboi?!!!  Please?  Pretty please?!!!!  I can do it, I KNOW I can. :)

Originally posted by Pappy13

LOL

That is truly amazing..

;D

I'm a villain.

Ooooh Oooooh, can I be the fanboi?!!!  Please?  Pretty please?!!!!  I can do it, I KNOW I can. :)

Okay I nominate you!

Gratz!

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

LOL

That is truly amazing..

;D

I'm a villain.

Okay I nominate you!

Gratz!

I Second that!

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I recently started up again after like 2 years away. Mostly from a lack of anything else to play atm, and because of friends. I must say, I really enjoyed the quests in the DK starting area. I'm playing casually now, but I am having fun. I have no idea how long that will last, maybe 6 months, but as long as I am having fun, thats fine with me.

I've always thought of WoW in terms of dps, as burst fun, lol. It could never sustain me for long, but for little bits here and there it was good. I've had a lot more fun in other games before and am looking for something later to come out, but for now, WoW will do. To me, it is a decent game. Being away for a couple years makes the game more enjoyable now since I have really 2 expansions to experience heh.

I'm hoping a game more to my taste will come out and do well, maybe something like Fallen Earth, but I will just have to wait and see. Anyways, I don't really see anything new in terms of social, crafting, or even graphics. I did notice the social part was even worse than before I left. The immaturity in chat was horrendous. I usually have to turn chat off now heh.

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

so much hate... WotLK is nothing but great, i love the new lore system, the Death knight is very well made, maybe too good hehe but very fun nevertheless.

Northrend is beautiful place and it really is something else.

I can't even fathom how some people say some other mmorpg might be better, WoW has no equal, it didn't get the massive subs through luck, it got it because it was the best around, no it's not mc. donald so stop it already, i know you haters have some problems,s ince you can't stand wow for some reason and have to go to these forums, even though you don't play the game and spout nonsense.

blizzard has done it, we will very soon see a 12 mill subs announcement.

At least that is a qualified guess, since all the servers have massive queues now... argh....

[/quote]
    Last I checked World of Warcraft was not like Pee-Wee's Playhouse..
    A week is not enough time. It's shame you missed some great exploring, some great quests and adventures. An amazing musical score and a huge, open world of possibilities. I feel bad for you because you now post in the forum of the game you hate. I have seen your other posts where you say everyone who plays WoW is a moron..
    You obviously have a deep obsession with convincing the world that WoW is bad. You may want to give up that fight. Perhaps the only way to conquer this, is to play it for more than a week? That is just not enough time to formulate an opinion, regardless of what you have read about the game..
    BTW I like your taste in games. I noticed that you have tinkered with AoC lately and have left Warhammer behind. I ended up liking AoC more than War for some reason. I may come back if the lag spikes go away.
    And I love Fable 2 and the original as well. Now that is a dynamic world. I cant disagree with you on that one.

[/b][/quote]

To be honest I just didn't like the graphical style of WoW so I couldn't get past it, though I did try. WoW is the biggest MMO out there so it's the most recognizable target is all.

Calling people 'morons' is the easist way to start an arguement, and argueing is fun to me. 'Takes all kinds...' my mom used to say. I'm a little wierd that way. Maybe it's because my parents used to argue so much when I was young that I look at it as a bonding expirience. I suppose that's something to discuss with my therapist...

But yeah, I'm just roleplaying an a$$hole, I'm not really one, though I shouldn't say that as people might stop taking me seriously.

The lag spikes in AoC are still pretty bad. I crash a couple times a day where the screen just freezes and I have to shutdown the game from the task manager. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, sometimes it does, depends on what I was doing when it happened. But I remember back in the days of AC1 it wasn't any better.

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

LOL

That is truly amazing..

;D

I'm a villain.

Okay I nominate you!

Gratz!

I Second that!

I third it  I like Pappy even though he/she is a little bit on the manic side now and then. Not like I've been there too now and then though. If WoW is the best mmo, is a matter of taste though. I feel WotLK is just more of the same old shit I've done a thousand times before Just looking at ingame videos from WotLK give me reason to believe it, but...Hey, if it works, don't fix it and it obviously work like a motherfucker for Blizzard.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

Originally posted by Qmire
    so much hate... WotLK is nothing but great, i love the new lore system, the Death knight is very well made, maybe too good hehe but very fun nevertheless.

Northrend is beautiful place and it really is something else.

I can't even fathom how some people say some other mmorpg might be better, WoW has no equal, it didn't get the massive subs through luck, it got it because it was the best around, no it's not mc. donald so stop it already, i know you haters have some problems,s ince you can't stand wow for some reason and have to go to these forums, even though you don't play the game and spout nonsense.

blizzard has done it, we will very soon see a 12 mill subs announcement.
    At least that is a qualified guess, since all the servers have massive queues now... argh....

Sorry Pappy, this one is strong in the fanboi...

• pewtpewtpewtpewt Member Posts: 115

its the same as TBC, except with non-combat related new stuff that is just there to distract players from the same old grind (which will always be there). The lore of WoW is terrible. WC3 had great lore, but then WoW just took it and jammed it in a trash can. Most of the crap that is now WoW doesn't make any sense at all, especially the factions.

the DKs are insanely OP. Rgeneration boosts, freezes, instant spell damage, 2h weapons that do good base damage, fears, pets, etc.

i cannot wait for Darkfall...

DARKFALL 09!

Apparently 08 didn't make it :(

Sorros of Forumfall.

Originally posted by pewtpewt

its the same as TBC, except with non-combat related new stuff that is just there to distract players from the same old grind (which will always be there). The lore of WoW is terrible. WC3 had great lore, but then WoW just took it and jammed it in a trash can. Most of the crap that is now WoW doesn't make any sense at all, especially the factions.
    the DKs are insanely OP. Rgeneration boosts, freezes, instant spell damage, 2h weapons that do good base damage, fears, pets, etc.
    i cannot wait for Darkfall...

Your post is so flawed I am not sure where to begin..

WOTLK is not the same as TBC The "Space Adventure". No Way. You have not played it yet. WoW has less of a grind than any game out there. Why do people say this? There are newer ways to level now. You can level up in PvP, and you never need to grind in WoW. You can quest all the way to 80 and have a ton left over...

People often mistake the past for great lore. Lore has to change and is dynamic. Things cant always be what they were like in WC3.

BTW, Death Knights have ZERO spell damage. At level 80 they will be less powerful because of the lack of scaling spell damage.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699
    Originally posted by pewtpewt

Most of the crap that is now WoW doesn't make any sense at all, especially the factions.

Although I do like and play World of Warcraft daily, I will blame 'shock culture' for this one.  When the game came out, it was a big deal to us RP'ers that Warlocks and Shadow Priests were alliance...just didn't make sense and our guild stuck to the idea that either you serve The Light and reject shadowmagic or you do not (hence neither class permitted in the guild).  Then, as more shock and awe there was the Death Knight...also alliance.  Spin the story however you wish, it's the same idea repackaged cold and with glowing blue.  *sigh* I thought a hero class would be a hero...but perhaps gone are the days of consistent truth.  Even the Lich King story (and dare I say physical appearance) seems recycled from the Lord of the Rings books/movies.  Magic item, used, corrupts user, now they're the ultimate evil.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I agree, OP - WotLK is amazing ;)

What amazes me most, is how well the quests have been done. Earlier contents never had so much variations, and for the first time, questing doesn't feel grindy.

The Northrend graphics looks great, and it's far less cartoonish than in previous areas.

The music came as a huge surprise at some times, like the piano melodies in Dragonblight, and the violin (fiddle?) in Grizzly Hills. Totally unexpected zone music, especially in WoW, but suits the game perfectly.

The first instances, The Nexus and Utgarde, are just superb. A little easier than expected, but that doesn't ruin any of the fun. I haven't tried any of the other ones.

I've tried Wintergrasp (the open PvP zone) a few times. Controlling the vehicles, bombing players and structures, was a lot of fun, but unfortunately we've only been a few players there every time I've tried it. That will of course change as more players gets through the lower Northrend areas.

Much is simply more of the same old stuff, but not as much as I expected.

I haven't tried the DK yet, so I can't comment on it. I'll do that later, no doubt about it, but there's no rush ;)

To sum it up: it's a very long time since I've enjoyed any games as much as I enjoy WotLK. It truly is amazing. Imo.

(sorry if my points looks like it's copied from anyone else, I didn't read throught the thread)

• imbantimbant Member Posts: 1,291

I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.

Did you read past the OP?  Because the first response in the thread is a blatant, no denying it, troll post.

OP stated an opinion, and the 1st response was calling his opinion viral marketing.  So by your own explanation about what these forums are and how people are free to state opinions, the first post was clearly a troll.  Howd ya miss that?

~~
    Darkfall Releases on: February 25th, 2009

Darkfall Recap of everything that has happened the last 3 months: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/213296

"The monsters are tough. I was looking for a challenge, but these things are just too damn smart." -DF Beta Tester

"If people were dismissing it, then they wouldn't be talking about it. The well-meaning gamers root for efforts that try to raise the bar. So who's left? It's so easy being a skeptic." -Tasos

• bodypassbodypass Member Posts: 770

OP:

Indeed.

If any other company would have made an MMORPG of this (WotLK) magnitude, it would be bombarded with superlative statements on mmorpg.com forums.

For these superlatives you now have to go to professional reviews, not on mmorpg.com because the wow haters are coming out of their caves.

Their worst fears just came through: an even better Wow, like Eurogamer.net said. The PvP alone is worth the purchase, but the highlight is certainly the massive zone designs.

Never seen in any other PC game. Never seen in any other video game.

Never seen ... , like the hate on these forums for the best MMORPG experience we had in years.

Wow is just too popular for some. Pity, they don't know what they miss.

• paketehpaketeh Member Posts: 3

Name a game out there right now with a better social system, non-combat features, crafting and resource system. DONT mention one category, your example must be better than WoW's in ALL above mentioned categories. Yes WoW has some failings in those areas, but no-one can do all of those things perfectly.

Lord Of The Rings Online ;)

I also play WoW, and like it, but crafting, social system and non-combat features are not their best points. It is just fun for raiding, as the the game is excusively based on massive encounters and pvp, where the most important thing is the gear you wear.

With the needed gear and the guide to beat a boos, you'll beat it without problems. Also, with better gear you'll win in pvp, even if you are worst player than your oponent.

Skill is not that important, imo. As well as online interaction. Just organization + raiding + time. If you find it fun, that's enough. If not, just don't play WoW.

But let's state clearly what WoW is :) A nice formula, fun, but farther not certainly the best game. Just the most popular.

Cheers!

• strategystrategy Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by paketeh

Name a game out there right now with a better social system, non-combat features, crafting and resource system. DONT mention one category, your example must be better than WoW's in ALL above mentioned categories. Yes WoW has some failings in those areas, but no-one can do all of those things perfectly.

Lord Of The Rings Online ;)

I also play WoW, and like it, but crafting, social system and non-combat features are not their best points. It is just fun for raiding, as the the game is excusively based on massive encounters and pvp, where the most important thing is the gear you wear.

With the needed gear and the guide to beat a boos, you'll beat it without problems. Also, with better gear you'll win in pvp, even if you are worst player than your oponent.

Skill is not that important, imo. As well as online interaction. Just organization + raiding + time. If you find it fun, that's enough. If not, just don't play WoW.

But let's state clearly what WoW is :) A nice formula, fun, but farther not certainly the best game. Just the most popular.

Cheers!

LOTRO doesn't come close to Wow/WotLK. Excuse me.

PvP anyone? Open world PvP as of now. Character control and animation. Daily heroics mechanics., ...

LOTRO lacks two things which are rather fundamental to compete with WOW:

Clunky movement and not as responsive as Wow in  combat (very important for PvP).  And the absence of factions: the hordes vs alliance.

The makers had the lore, they had the settings, but not allowing players to have a go at the bad guys was a big mistake.

With the above two elements taken out, LOTRO is now a rather very lineair sometimes dull PVE game with dungeons and beautiful views.

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

WoW is a perfect MMO in what it covers and offers, but perfect doesnt mean its good.

Besides its down to personal opinion, Id rather play EQ2 or WAR as I find it far more entertaining than WoW.

• Mentor73Mentor73 Member Posts: 107

Strategy ... you forgot Ettenmoors. Try it one day.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I like the fact you can enter instances seemlessly while doing some quests and the area actually feels like changing that is awesome.