Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people like this terrible game?

Comments

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

These are the reasons:

1. Good gameplay

having a good gameplay makes the lifespan of the game longer....

2. Good customization

You can customize your character by equipping them different weapons and headgear!!! You can customize your weapon by upgrading them and puuting up monster or boss card on it to give speciall attributes on your weapon.

3. Nice economy

You cannot earn zenny (game's currency) if you just slay monster.. you can earn money by getting the things that has high demand.. for example royal jelly is one item you cannot buy in NPC.. so you hunt monster that drops Royal jelly then sell to those players that needs ppotion for their SP.

4.  So many to do

You can can just kill monster to increase level or you can pvp to increase your reputation ioin order for you to be famous; you can go to WOE if you think you have what it takes to win an agit or to test your leadership skill.. You can go MVP, hunt monster bosses then get rare items and bargain it to other people

5. Lastly....  Nice Community

You can sit down and relax and chat to other people or to your game buddy, party or guild.

• MhirMhir Member Posts: 41

I believed that this was the very first mmorpg game in history of virtual gaming. Why do people keeps playing the game. Some people had been so loyal to the games that they've played. Even though they have tried any games out there, they would still look back at the very first game that they ever played. And still Ragnarok online still offers the cutest character in any mmorpg. So this might be another reason. It is still on it continuous evolution. Like every episode new features were introduced. What I'm excited the most is the release of 3rd jobs this coming months or by the end of the year.

• deathcabdeathcab Member Posts: 5

Well, there were earlier ones like Ultima Online that preceded RO as MMORPG, but still, I liked this game because at that time, I was bored and had nothing better to do. WoE kept me in the game though, and I really enjoyed WoE a lot.

• toothfultoothful Member Posts: 5

critical thinking and timing is a factor here... they may suck at the animation category...  (yeah we know that donkey kong at NEs has better graphics than RO) but when it comes to thinking for ways at the earliest possible time to win... nothing compares to RO...

and at least, my characters in RO, in some ways, don't act as robots...

• ElwyneElwyne Member Posts: 35

it is quite simple, you can't really reckon a game that easily that had been established its capability for almost 5-6 years? So, they had already proven the worth of their game. And some really have no time to change their game since they had to start all over again.

What's killing the game, do I really need to ask why?

• ValheraValhera Member UncommonPosts: 19

One word for me : WoE. I do not play anymore, but it was the best thing ever introduced in a game with such design.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

this game is insanely fun. i've been playing it off and on since iro alpha and have played other versions such as jRo and kRO and lots of pservers(only cuz they are more up to date than iro). this game offers alot of customiziblity unlike other games. such as stats and skills. gear in this game isnt the end all in every pvp scenerio, unlike the more newer games like wow. the community is also more closer and hell theres even more female gamers in this gamers (% wise) compared to other game so i dont have to listen all the time how some 21 year old guy talk about how big and great his new sword is.  i remember back around 2002 or 2003 this game had paid subscribers in the millions in korea anyways. yup i know its hard to believe that WoW wasnt the real first mmo to achieve subs in the millions but thats only because asian mmos have only surfaced in the more typical western market for the last couple of years so very little about them is known outside asian countries. RO is the only game where i can remake a new class AND actually have fun going through the same content again.

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64

I used to play a long long time ago. It was mad fun back in the day. I loved WoE on Sakray. Very good memories. However, I could never see myself going back. I think I grew out of asian MMOs :/

• chicobananachicobanana Member Posts: 7

This is my first mmo that i have played,  but since there are new better games than this, move on!

• karampotkarampot Member Posts: 8

I like the cute graphics but hell Flyff is way cuter now.

• ZeroDepthZeroDepth Member Posts: 142

For me it was War of Emperium.

If it wasn't for those epic guild vs guild alliance vs alliance castle battles I would have never enjoyed this game as much as I did ^_^

• amorsekoamorseko Member Posts: 5

Oh yeah, the WOE is the primary reason why I am still playing this game. I owns a castle now for 2 months Nyahehehehe

• Melamine_ManMelamine_Man Member Posts: 13

Hmmm, ragnarok is a good game.

what makes it a bad game are the bad players and

bad critiques. Its just time passes, and the game

cant coupe at it. well, my rating there is 8/10.

kudos to all!

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Tear1

This game is horrible, why do people like it?

because it has awsome warm inviting art style, with awsome funtime graphics. Feels like you are playing a gameboy RPG, or a n64 game like Legend of zelda, but in MMORPG aspect.

And in the main city people are awsome, sure they can line there venders up ANYWHERE, but the community is cooperative and they all line up on the side of the street, so it is like one HUGE market line, which is awsome.

I dont play it thought, i didnt want to level up

• ZeroRaptorZeroRaptor Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Melamine_Man

Hmmm, ragnarok is a good game.
    what makes it a bad game are the bad players and
    bad critiques. Its just time passes, and the game
    cant coupe at it. well, my rating there is 8/10.
    kudos to all!

Bad players make any MMORPG bad. That and bots.

I like RO because I like to play a cute little character that punches monsters in the face. Just because an MMORPG doesn't have "OMG 3D GRAPHICS!!!!" doesn't mean it's bad.

• jimmyfrayjimmyfray Member Posts: 6

everyone has different taste. yours favorite maybe others' posion. i think it's a playable game for fun or kill bordedom. have a try. like it go on with it. dislike it spilt it. haha!

• MalthrosMalthros Member Posts: 239

as fun at times, but the game always came down to being a normal korean grind game in the end.  Maybe that's changed now but while RO was interesting when it was new, it isn't anything great now, and there are f2p that flow much better at this point.

• iluvpancakesiluvpancakes Member Posts: 3

its still a great game for me i really like the chibe sprite graphics

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

It was a bit fun for me, art style felt a bit fresh, but the infinitesimal chance of acquiring good equipment (0.01% what), not to mention to how having good equipment is neccessary, and how botting completely nullifies countless hours of "content" was the deal breaker for me.

• RussariaRussaria Member Posts: 42

Been a tried and true respite from other games for over 8 years now. Nothing "terrible" about RO, it's a great and lasting game that one can call "home", you may leave for a bit but whether you play the official or a private server the game just has an awesome unique feel that nothing else has ever touched.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Its like the only mmorpg that is like diablo, but this time, an mmorpg. Great pvp gameplay where you need skills to be good,war of emp are cool, but what i dont like about this game is the grind since there is no quest. ITs an other reason why private server are more popular because we all hate to grind in RO. The only thing that sux in RO seriously.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• AndaelAndael Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Its like the only mmorpg that is like diablo, but this time, an mmorpg. Great pvp gameplay where you need skills to be good,war of emp are cool, but what i dont like about this game is the grind since there is no quest. ITs an other reason why private server are more popular because we all hate to grind in RO. The only thing that sux in RO seriously.

QFTW

RO is the most fun I've had in any MMO, it was my first MMORPG and still my favorite, I just quit because of the grind.  The grind is insane.  The PvP and WoE in particular was the best in any MMO I've ever played.  I was tempted to go back when the launched WoE 2 but my guild quit again and went to Aion :(

RO's Free to Play ads always fool me though which shows how much I like the game even though its been over 3 years since I quit.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

I don't why do people play WoW.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Let's all reply to the OP. It's been only 5 years passed. I bet, all this time, he is there refreshing the page waiting for the next response to come by. Let's make this new year - 2010 - a year of constructive posts and positive criticism. After all, he had put so much effort and thought on his OP that it would be a real shame to let the thread die just like that.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

This discussion has been closed.