Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOTLK Is Amazing

Comments

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by donjn

A quick note to the mods: please dont place this in the forum for the MMO I am going to mention. I want people who dont play this game to read this, and not have it stuffed into a specific forum. Thanks!

No such luck. :)

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699
    Originally posted by faefrost

But look closely at WoW's avatars. THEY BREATHE! your character inhales and exhales. They have very relaxed neutral stances with a whole host of subtle movements. Most of these aren't things that you readily notice, but your brain picks up on it, and it makes the WoW characters feel much more alive.

Not only that, but when they're in the cold snowy lands of Dun Morough, you can see a little white puff of breath coming from their breathing.  Oh, and your little vanity pet cat, you can see his breath too.  Attention to details...

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Your post is so cute donjn

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Next time OP, go easy of the caffeine.. j/k

I am just curious why do older gamers go into a post and state their age and a old mmo for credentials.

Anyways, not to sidetrack the OP, its great that you got your itched scratched from WoW once again, however the only game that could do this for me would be.. Star Wars Galaxies (2003 SWG to be exact)

WoW is a fun game for millions, but very linear and predictable like the rest of the mmo's out there. I blame WoW for making mmorpg's simplistic in nature (but thats a good think now, the more user friendly the game is, the more ppl like it).

Why I mentioned SWG is because it was a sandbox mmorpg with the best social atmosphere the best crafting system ever conceived in MMO history and had a Star Wars lore where even your grandmother new what Star Wars was. Talking about getting pulled to a different universe everytime you log in.. This game had it with great immersion.

Unfortunately I think the game (SGW) now is a POS compared to what it once was and it uses the linear formula like every other mmo on the market. As once person said.. Smedley = PURE EVIL..

I left SWG and went to WoW, had my great times back in 2004 - 2005 with WoW, but it did'nt give me that same feeling SWG once did.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

To OP:

I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Blizzard for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being a death knight is really epic so who cares, right?

And besides 150 mil $ per month really isn't enough to develop more than one class after 4 years.

Oh, and you can change your hairdo as well which really is a truly epic thing. It's nice seeing all that subscription money I spent over all those years go for a good cause. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

• SupderDSupderD Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by markoraos

To OP:
    I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Mythic for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being death knight is really epic so who cares, right?
    And besides 150 mil $ per month really isn't enough to develop more than one class after 4 years.
    Oh, and you can change your hairdo as well which really is truly epic.

Umm..

You are forgiven.. but.. eh.. IT's BLIZZARD. NOT MYTHIC.

"Luckily I know that while you make nonsnese baiting threads that get locked....threads I make get sticked by the mods on this forum...." -imbant (greatest board warrior EVER)
    Darkfall Countdown: http://darkfallreleasedate.com/

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

To the OP:

The gameplay mechanics didn't change.  It's more of the same. 

Crafting in WoW is a joke, an afterthought.  You claim to have played UO and you think WoW has solid crafting? 

Games like Pre-CU SWG and UO had crafting. WoW does not.

It's good that you are enjoying yourself, it really is, but don't you think your post is a bit overboard?  I enjoyed WoW for a few months and then it got really stale.  Too restrictive and too linear. 

Unless this expansion added freedom and consequence to the game (which it really did not) then it's hard to take your post that seriously.  It's really just more of the same, which is very disappointing from a company who has revenue to the level that Blizzard does, from this game.  After all this time Blizzard should have something remarkable and innovative in WoW, and they do not.

Tecmo Bowl.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593
    Originally posted by SupderD

To OP:
    I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Mythic for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being death knight is really epic so who cares, right?
    Oh, and you can change your hairdo as well which really is truly epic.

Umm..

You are forgiven.. but.. eh.. IT's BLIZZARD. NOT MYTHIC.

Lol, heh might be a freudian slip. :)

Made an ass out of myself now didn't I? Doesn't change the point of my post anyway... With the amount of money they got over all those years the additional content in WOtLK is pitiful and frankly insulting. I gave too many years to Blizzard hoping they'd make some substantial changes and improvements to their game but they were content to sit on their $$ pile. Now when some competition is knocking at the door they decide to add some of the things players have been clamoring from day 1. I don't like their business practice - they're penny pinching while making a kiling. As a customer I don't like being treated like that.

/oh and changed the slip :)

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706

To OP:
    I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Mythic for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being a death knight is really epic so who cares, right?
    Oh, and you can change your hairdo as well which really is a truly epic thing. It's nice seeing all that subscription money I spent over all those years go for a good cause. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hehe, dripping with sarcasm...A little quote for truth aswell, cause compared to what Blizzard earn on WoW, what they give back to the player is almost nothing. 1 heroclass in almost 5 years now, and that cheapass copy/paste shit they did with TBC. Yep, that's totally worth 5 years of development. Even CoX gives out more content for free.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

8 months since i played WoW, and wow, what a smack down wotlk (good way, so you don't misunderstand it) was to me, it was really great, well i didn't expect any less from blizzard, so cheers to them.

I did indeed start a death knight, my favourite hero in warcraft 3, and boy do i wish my old warrior was this fun, i mean this amount of abilities at your hand is insane, to say the least, at least for my unholy spec'd Death knight. There are like 5 Aoe spells alone to be used in 2-3+ pulls, and just for the single attacks there are at least 3 chains to go through, i really like how they have made the death knight this way, the disease powering up others and how they do fatal damage, when you got as many diseases on the target and plow a scourge strike in their face or erupt all diseases with blood boil, not to mention how death strike leeches even more health with it, blood strike which is like mini version of scourge strike but also turns blood runes into death runes (with talents).

This class is really fun for those players who don't want only 4 attack abilities they use all the time, the death knight have a nice amount of different combo chains according to which enemy you have or how many.  If there wasn't a global cooldown Death knights surely would be overpowered.  =P

I hope blizzard will keep this up and hopefully make all other classes have such nice new chains of power surges.

The new event system is really great too, i never thought this system would make the whole gaming experience that much more interesting, really shows how far mmorpgs can go, no more static envirements.

Now i wish i had more sparetime to actually play this game more often.   Wish i had a 10th of bill gate's moneys  xD

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

Wow, lots of hate going on around here. I will answer a couple of points that stood out.

Older gamers like to list credentials of age and what they played because they feel they have the expereince and have seen more than younger gamers. Call it elitism if you want, but most of the time it's true. My personal reasons are because  I hate being placed into a certain "fanboi" category (ironically I was called one in this thread) and posting my expereince I would hope would  yield less fanboi comments because of my wide range of expereince..

As for people wanting to change gameplay mechanics? NGE anyone? With 11 million subscribers, why would you take a risk and change the gameplay mechanics? This is an insane commentary by whoever mentioned it in this thread. And by gameplay mechanics what do you mean by changing them? Make combat more AoC twitch based? Need more examples.

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Sounds like someone has been playing too much wow, and just needed some new content.  I doubt the gameplay has changed at all, and I know they did nothing to enhance the social features or crafting, so it's still the same old game.  The expansion might be pretty, but it's still just WoW.

Nope. Been playing AoC, Warhammer, Ryzom for free, etc, etc. I am not a hardcore WoW player at all.

You obviously have a level 70 toon though, right?  So did they enhance the game play at all with new concepts?  Did they add more social or non-combat features.  Did the expand their weak excuse for a crafting and resource system?  If not, it's all just visuals.  The shine will wear off after you get used to it.

Name a game out there right now with a better social system, non-combat features, crafting and resource system. DONT mention one category, your example must be better than WoW's in ALL above mentioned categories. Yes WoW has some failings in those areas, but no-one can do all of those things perfectly.

i'll name 2, SoR and Eve.

To OP:
    I'm glad you find your death knight quest experience epic. I also hope most of the 11 million other epic death knights will find their experience epic as well. I salute Blizzard for being able to provide this epic experience to all those people. It would have been nice to at least give another 1-2 alternative epic experiences (meaning other hero classes) after those 4 years of development, but hey, being a death knight is really epic so who cares, right?

Blizzard has provided more free content than just about any other MMO company. Based on the amount of free content if this was Everquest, they would have been on expansion number 6 by now. Picking out "hairdo" and leaving out all the other additions since the game's inception is a real head scratcher.

Originally posted by Salio69

Sounds like someone has been playing too much wow, and just needed some new content.  I doubt the gameplay has changed at all, and I know they did nothing to enhance the social features or crafting, so it's still the same old game.  The expansion might be pretty, but it's still just WoW.

Nope. Been playing AoC, Warhammer, Ryzom for free, etc, etc. I am not a hardcore WoW player at all.

You obviously have a level 70 toon though, right?  So did they enhance the game play at all with new concepts?  Did they add more social or non-combat features.  Did the expand their weak excuse for a crafting and resource system?  If not, it's all just visuals.  The shine will wear off after you get used to it.

Name a game out there right now with a better social system, non-combat features, crafting and resource system. DONT mention one category, your example must be better than WoW's in ALL above mentioned categories. Yes WoW has some failings in those areas, but no-one can do all of those things perfectly.

i'll name 2, SoR and Eve.

I might give you Eve but not SoR. SoR has the best crafting in MMO history and the RIng was pretty nice but I dont think there is not enough meat on that bone for me.

• GaryMGaryM Member Posts: 244

Lotro - not better in ALL, but most, IMO. Better crafting, although it's not great, but as player with a lvl 375 Blacksmith in WoW I can say that WoW's crafting has been a waste of my time. Kinships have a lot more utility than WoW guilds, including Kinship housing. Player housing, you can even display trophies from monsters you've killed. More swift travel options, and more tools for assembling players that are spread apart. A quest interface that shows where party members are on shared quest chains, even allows you to share the beggining of a quest chain that you've already progressed on. Titles and deeds that actually improve your character. Vastly more customizeable player appearance with cosmetic gear. Musical instruments that actually can play player created music. I can smoke a pipe and blow smoke rings!

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Sorry OP... MMORPG.com members are generally anti WoW. Don't seek confirmation on how good a game is from a bunch of people who revel behind their anonymity. If you enjoy it that's all that matters. Just don't try and convince others why it's so good because everyone has different tastes and the majority of people have already tried it.

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

A shame, it was a good topic I thought.  Though the trolling was predictable, I'm not sure it's a good reason to ghost the thread. 

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

To OP:

Blizzard has provided more free content than just about any other MMO company. Based on the amount of free content if this was Everquest, they would have been on expansion number 6 by now. Picking out "hairdo" and leaving out all the other additions since the game's inception is a real head scratcher.

Sorry but the fact that you even attempt to say that Blizzard has provided more free content than just about any MMO company is laughable. 

Blizzard is great at polish and releasing relatively bug free software but they are not very giving.  They definitely do not give out a lot of free content. 

Some companies that give out more free content:

Turbine - LOTRO, DDO, AC1 all have had more free content. 

Mythic - DAoC has added a lot more free content over the years as well. 

CCP - I don't like EvE but they have added a lot of free content as well. 

Overall though Turbine is the king at free content patches.  AC1 has had something around 100 free content patches, many that included live events. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

Originally posted by Cabe2323

To OP:

Sorry but the fact that you even attempt to say that Blizzard has provided more free content than just about any MMO company is laughable. 

Blizzard is great at polish and releasing relatively bug free software but they are not very giving.  They definitely do not give out a lot of free content. 

Some companies that give out more free content:

Turbine - LOTRO, DDO, AC1 all have had more free content. 

Mythic - DAoC has added a lot more free content over the years as well. 

CCP - I don't like EvE but they have added a lot of free content as well. 

Overall though Turbine is the king at free content patches.  AC1 has had something around 100 free content patches, many that included live events. 

I said "just about" meaning there are a few exceptions. You showed me a couple exceptions.

I never said "all". I said "just about" leaving room for a couple companies like Turbine, who I think is an amazing company.

Remove foot from mouth please..

P.S. I am not so sure LOTRO has provided more free content than WoW..And EvE adding a "lot of free content" does not equal "more" than WoW..

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

I was under the impression that all of EVE's additional content has been released for free? That would be more then WoW I believe. If they have charged for an expansion someone speak up please.

Originally posted by dterry

I was under the impression that all of EVE's additional content has been released for free? That would be more then WoW I believe. If they have charged for an expansion someone speak up please.

This still does not mean "more"...

• DarcknyghtDarcknyght Member Posts: 127

Well say something racist on the post and have people run with it. Its the only way i know to get a thread deleted. Or you can name it Unofficial We hate Blizzard thread and run with that. I made one with Vanguard and it was deleted twice. Damn communists only are good for banning truth sayers not anything else. i just got a warning the other day for somthing retarded. Whatever mmorpg i have a opinion im not trolling if i wanted to troll it would be obvious because i would have 10 threads starting crap. but when i say the same thing over and over again its not trolling its my god damn opinion. Sorry if opinions are not allowed i didnt get that memo.

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

Originally posted by dterry

This still does not mean "more"...

What more can they do? They have released all of their additional content for free (unless I am remembering it wrong and I have not played since launch). But WoW is charging for content and EVE never has. WoW will win some arguments against EVE but certainly not that one.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.

If you can't deal with people who disagree with you without having a conniption fit about it, I would have to suggest that you abstain from posting on a public forum.

Personally I despise WoW. I beta tested the game, and played it for a week before I quit. In my humble opinion it is the Fisher Price of MMO's. Spoonfed Pablum for the console gaming crowd; with bright colors and cartoonesque characters aimed at making a virtual merry-go-round for the same pre-teens who play Runescape.

Any adult that plays it should feel ashamed that their idea of a fantasy world fit for adventuring in is so reminiscent of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Originally posted by xaldraxius

Some people disagree with you and state their opinion and you start crying for the mods to close the thread? Why? I read through and I didn't see any Troll posts at all. Just people responding to your post with their opinions. No insults, just intelligent discussion.
    Any adult that plays it should feel ashamed that their idea of a fantasy world fit for adventuring in is so reminiscent of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

I can name several responses that weren't exactly of the "intelligent discussion" variety. But because you agree with them, that makes them intelligent or easily overlooked by yourself..