Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its Time - Jestor Rodo to meet Jim Lee.

JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Muhahahaha,  Our Nations Gotham , New York City, is about to host an Annual event  - Comic Con.

Since I am an In state resident of New York and can easily transform my appearence to a form most amusing in this case. The Jestor will meet Jim Lee.

Geoff Johns & Jim Lee Guests of Honor at NYCC

* by CBR News Team, Editor

* More from this Author

Submit to Digg Submit to Delicious Submit to Facebook Submit to StumbleUpon Submit to Google Bookmarks Submit to Fark

* Category: Video Games

* Print Article

Thu, November 13th, 2008 at 1:00PM PST

Text Size

* Decrease

* Increase

Official Press Release

Norwalk, CT - Two more notable comic book celebrities will be joining the festivities at New York Comic Con (NYCC) this year as Guests of Honor. Affording thousands of fans the opportunity to meet them in person, Geoff Johns, who is well-known as a comic book writer of a number of DC Comics characters, including Superman, Green Lantern and the Flash as well as for his work as a screenwriter; and superstar artist Jim Lee, known for his acclaimed artistic runs on titles including BATMAN, ALL STAR BATMAN and WILDCATS, will be attending NYCC to help launch the new Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing game, DC Universe Online (DCUO), produced by Sony Online Entertainment for PLAYSTATION 3 in collaboration with DC Comics and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Both Johns and Lee will be signing autographs and they will conduct a large DC Universe Online event on Saturday, February 7, 2009. New York Comic Con will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City, February 6 – 8, 2009.

“Having both Jim Lee and Geoff Johns at our show is a great ‘get’ under any circumstance, but it’s especially cool to have them here to as part of DC Universe Online,” notes Lance Fensterman, Vice President and Con Manager for NYCC. “They will do a fabulous job entertaining our fans and I know that they will attract huge crowds, not only for autographs but also for their demonstration. I am enormously grateful to them for participating in New York Comic Con and we’re pleased to have them as Guests of Honor.”

“Jim and Geoff represent two of the top talents in comics, so it only makes sense that they’d transfer those skills to the gaming world,” said Dan DiDio, SVP and Executive Editor for DC Comics. “It’s a perfect fit to have them named Guests of Honor at New York Comic Con.”

ENDQUOTE

Wait until He gets a Load of me!

Unaware of the Jestor?
http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Comments

• valkerusvalkerus Member UncommonPosts: 62

/golfclap

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by valkerus

/golfclap

Anything to amuse a fellow gamer from my second home state of Michigan - home of my first born.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

sounds like you'll be able to play the alpha demo for yourself

have fun at at the comicon

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Nadia

Everyone will get a chance to play the Alpha demo.  They just have to purchase the game and pay a monthly subscription fee just like every other SOE release. 

Originally posted by Daffid011

Everyone will get a chance to play the Alpha demo.  They just have to purchase the game and pay a monthly subscription fee just like every other SOE release. 

Muhahaha , SOE wouldn't have it any other way.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by JestorRodo

{ Mod Edit }

Lucas Arts was more hands on with SWG then people think. Meaning they had a lot more influence on the development of the game (NGE) than people want to believe.

Because hey, LA brought us the Star Wars movies, we don't want to bash them now do we. So instead, lets haunt and bash SOE for years instead!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

{ Mod Edit }

Lucas Arts was more hands on with SWG then people think. Meaning they had a lot more influence on the development of the game (NGE) than people want to believe.

Because hey, LA brought us the Star Wars movies, we don't want to bash them now do we. So instead, lets haunt and bash SOE for years instead!

Well I guess most people will just have to believe what they want to.  When many of SOEs devs blogged and admitted about SOE creating the NGE, pushing for approval of the NGE and that little think like making the NGE I guess it is pretty hard to believe the whole Lucas Arts side of the story.

I have never once seen anyone say Lucas Arts made us revamp the game a second time.  I have seen SOE devs say they wanted to change it and so they did.  I have seen SOE do this same kind of thing to their other MMOs which Lucas Arts has no say in.

I am sure Lucas Arts has a hand in everything, but this is practically a time honored tradition for SOE to scrap their game mechanics and change their games post release.

Maybe you are right and Lucas Arts was calling the shots and forced this, but nothing to date supports that. 

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol Jestor what the hell happened to you man? you down trolling in the DCO foums now? You've hit rock bottom man.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by tillamook

lol Jestor what the hell happened to you man? you down trolling in the DCO foums now? You've hit rock bottom man.

I would not say that , as you know My cosplay of the Joker proves that I am a big DC fan as well as a big Star Wars Fan.  Its a ashame that once again the MMO rights for this franchise have been placed in unworthy hands.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by tillamook

I would not say that , as you know My cosplay of the Joker proves that I am a big DC fan as well as a big Star Wars Fan.  Its a ashame that once again the MMO rights for this franchise have been placed in unworthy hands.

yeah it is.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

/thread

Awesome HAHA

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.