Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Grab Bag: Heavy Metal Edition

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Mythic has posted a special edition of the Grab Bag, answering fan questions and providing feedback about the recent Heavy Metal event in Warhammer Online.

Q. What’s the first step to getting started in this live event? How will I know where the event is taking place in my zone?

A. Just open up your Tome of Knowledge and click on the Live Events section. Take a moment to listen, and then check out the daily task that’s set before you. Each day, this page will change in order to tell you what the task is for that day. Make sure you log in every day to see what the next task is. The tasks will change every day around midday Eastern time.

Q. I take it those people who have unlocked the classes will be able to continue playing them once they're released for others? Not just a preview period?

A. Yes, once you unlock the class you’ll be able to play it for as long as you choose. If you don’t do the event, you will still be able to play the classes, just not a week early.

Read more here.

Comments

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289

The game is lacking. Got bored with it in beta. It all just seems so cookie cutter and boring. Even the pvplite feels pointless and unrewarding.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

same here. i was in beta, and found it hard to play for any given time frame as it felt so generic.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• ManchineManchine Member UncommonPosts: 469

Second best mmorpg out there.  Ignore the haters.  This will just add more to WAR!

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

It's a good game for some people and not so good for others. What else is new? At least they're adding these classes in for free, with an in-game event, when these classes were supposed to be in the launch. Some companies try to charge with an expansion to add jank that was supposed to be in the release. Come on, hate the game but give props to the company.

Thanks for posting the Grab Bags on here Szark. Some people here have the misconception that Mythic doesn't communicate.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Those who cry about WAR being in a bad shape is like expecting a 1 month old baby to run.

Mythic, for all these years have been my favourite developer and their indirect communication have been proven a successful way to make the game our game, despite some mistakes that we cannot forgive and forget.

Looking forward for the event and have been piling up stuff for my upcoming new tank :D

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Problem is, that in these competetive times they should have known better! Especially when they witnessed the utter failure of Vanguard, Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan at first hand.

Yet they still continued with the launch of WAR, while they would have been way better off posponing it, polishing it further ( and getting the cut classes back in), wait till the hype of WOTLK has blown over and launch the game in January or early february 2009.

They would have sold just as much boxes, they would have had a better and more polished game and in the end have more players stick to the game.

Yet, they fell for the same trap like Funcom did and launched their game prematurely.

I admit WAR is more polished then Age of Conan was. That is for sure!

But don't forget... I had a blast playing Age of Conan all the way up to level46 !!

I didn't even care much for the itemisation issue either, as those things can be fixed pretty easily (thats why Im baffled Mythic still hasn't corrected the itemisation in WAR!).

The reason I quited Age of Conan, is that with a couple patches at the end of the first month, they turned my gaming experience into a lagging and Disconnecting / Crashing hell! While the game ran absolutely fine the first couple weeks!

(a serious DeJaVu I am experiencing here in WAR now, as my performance has gone progressivly worse with each major patch here in WAR!!)

Major problems I have with WAR atm:

- Performance issues in most of the RvR lakes during keep sieges. Even tho they aren't even that large scale yet as we will going to see happen in Tier4!

- Combat and Animations out of sync. Not to mention it feels very unresponsive lot of times. This mostly due to the out of sync animations and abilities not casting/working while I clearly activated them.

- Horrible client - server netcode! Warping players, ghost images of players everywhere, even players flying into the sky! And casting delays in Scenarios and RvR lakes when it gets laggy! This is just utter pispoor programming and should have never made into the live servers in this state! And appearently they have a really hard time fixing this as 2 months later ZERO improvement has been made on this matter.

- Itemisation in Tier3 and upwards is just a joke and almost 2 months Mythic is bussy nerfing...ehh balancing classes, while they should have addressed the itemisation mess first! As this game is RvR based and not solo 1vs1 and thus imbalances aren't that much of an issue yet (just WoW kiddies on Destro side crying about BW's).

- Tier3 is just a grinding hell. I am getting bored of farming scenarios, so I like to quest. But the quest XP in Tier3 is just absolutely horrible. You really hit a brick wall when you get close to rank20 with your character. Lot of people have complained about this since shortly after launch and almost 2 months later nothing done about it as Mythic has his priorities elsewhere!

- The Campain system is still horribly bugged. So Tier4 RvR is still pretty much pointless at the moment. Even tho we are now almost 2 months after launch and people are ending up in this tier more and more. If Mythic likes it or not. Tier4 is a mess! Wich brings us to the next point:

- All Tier4 and endgame dungeons are horribly bugged. Just say they have clearly never been tested at all! Gunbad in Tier3 isn't all that fun either with bugging PQ's and when people die, they spawn right at the entrance and have to do everything all over again as everything resets. Wich applies for every instance in Tier3 and up!

Everyone has been flaming and bashing Funcom for having the game only polished at Tortage (altho I had a breeze till level40 or so).

But face it, Mythic hasn't been polishing the game beyond level20 either. The foremost reason people make it into Tier4 is by farming scenarios. Altho with the new timer restrictions and rotating scheme this is less possible too now. As scenarios pop a lot less frequent.

Mythic has a jitload of work to do to get this game back on track.

They are facing a major dropout of players. Plagued by large amounts of empty servers. Especially here in the EU as GOA's continious screw ups isnt doing Mythic any favor either!

And now Mythic will receive far less income and thus valuable and much needed money that is now going to impact their further development of the game!

I have been around with the launch with other MMORPG games like Lord of the Rings Online. And while they had some issues too, like with every MMORPG launch, the gameplay was just smooth and rather bugfree.

So MMORPG's can be launched in a better state. But appearently these days developers seem to have forgotten how to do it.

They rather dump an unfinished product on the market, overhype it to sell as much boxes and hope enough people stick around after the first month!

Cheers

• Erazor01Erazor01 Member Posts: 109

I've tried a lot of MMORPGs and WAR is easily my favourite.  I expect to be playing it for a long time to come.