Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death Knight starter area

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I personally think the death knight starter area,  with the different instancess of the same zone is the perfect way to enthrall people intoo a story......Its very immersive.

I hope Blizzard will add more of these stories intoo the game where the story plays more like a single player RPG then like an MMOPRP. It was one of my best experiencess in WoW....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Please wait for comments like "Go play Oblivion..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I haven't enjoyed WoW for a while... may come back next year and try a DK.

• seanluusaseanluusa Member Posts: 5

I like how the eviroment changes while you doing the quest.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

The art direction of Ebon Hold alone is magnificent. It's like a Disney haunted house on crack.

• RaystormRaystorm Member UncommonPosts: 43

I hate to say it, but it made me feel like I was playing a Chaos knight. And it does it better than Warhammer Online. The voice changing thing sealed it for me. DK is gonna be my main =D

• deathdude360deathdude360 Member Posts: 26

Too bad you go from killing innocent civilians, stealing horses,, burning the city down on the back of a frostwyrm to killing birds & boars in outlands though, total momentum ruiner. One thing that annoyed me was the final mission... we had about 9920 left and they had 150, how the heck did we lose the battle?

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by deathdude360

Too bad you go from killing innocent civilians, stealing horses,, burning the city down on the back of a frostwyrm to killing birds & boars in outlands though, total momentum ruiner. One thing that annoyed me was the final mission... we had about 9920 left and they had 150, how the heck did we lose the battle?

people are going to call this lame but if you have a DK you've most likely experienced most of outlands or all it has to offer so just have a good friend that you met on your 70 to run you through instances, takes about 5 runs per level at like a run per 10 minutes if you have a good paladin with you, or you can convince a group to mob tap which would take like 4 hours from 58 to 70

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• deathdude360deathdude360 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Pepsipwnzgod

people are going to call this lame but if you have a DK you've most likely experienced most of outlands or all it has to offer so just have a good friend that you met on your 70 to run you through instances, takes about 5 runs per level at like a run per 10 minutes if you have a good paladin with you, or you can convince a group to mob tap which would take like 4 hours from 58 to 70

I wasn't refering to having to go through outlands again, in fact its even easier than before now, but just saying storyline wise, its a major momentum stopper to go from razing towns on the back of a dragon to killing birds for feathers so some blood elf can use them to write letters home, investigating why water levels are low in a lake that nobody except the people asking you to do the mission for care about, etc.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

People try to say WoW isn't innovative but Blizzard's still pulling out new tricks that I haven't seen in any MMOs before this. 

The way the environment progresses with your storyline is something that could really change the static nature of MMOs.  It'd be nice for a change to do quests that are supposed to accomplish something in the gameworld and see them have a permanent effect in the eyes of your character.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

You make it sound as if thats all there is to do in Outlands,and there is much more,although most have already done it all.

• Jackio81Jackio81 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I personally think the death knight starter area,  with the different instancess of the same zone is the perfect way to enthrall people intoo a story......Its very immersive.

I hope Blizzard will add more of these stories intoo the game where the story plays more like a single player RPG then like an MMOPRP. It was one of my best experiencess in WoW....

Actually it's this concept that has been killing the hype involved with the up coming MMo Kotor online, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic online. With the word from the developers stressing how story based the game will be.

The idea that most of us skeptics is that it'll be heavily instanced.

Which is a big no-no when it comes to the immersion factor of MMOs.

• lordcviceklordcvicek Member Posts: 36

@Rhoklaw: In Lotro the game loads and kind of kills the immersion in some way, while in WoW everything is done without loading times. But I do agree the two are very alike and I like both. :)