Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible game performance Specs

I will definitely play this game if and when it comes out. At this point though, Im wondering if I will need to upgrade or buy a new comp to get the full experience of the game. What do you guys think the performance specs will be?

Comments

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Currently the Trident3D engine uses a DirectX 9 rendering system.  At this point we're intending to continue to support that in the release of the game.  However, we are also planning on writing an additional renderer to support DX10 and even DX11.

So most decent systems currently being used for gaming will work with CoS, however, if you want to take adventage of the DX10 and DX11 features, you might want to have a faster system.

Finally, and most importantly, what I just said is not written in stone.  We won't promise anything until the game has gone 'gold', but we like to at least try to answer questions when we can.  This way you know what we're currently thinking, until that thinking changes :)