Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard status?

2»

Comments

• braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88

I bought it about a year ago and quit due to RL issues. I downloaded the free trial a few days back, and the game has been great. Just about the best PvE of any MMO out there. The diplomacy is fun, and the crafting is one of the better ones I've seen.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

My copy of Vanguard finally arrived on Friday! It was a mission getting it as I had to import it...but nevertheless I can't wait to hop into Telon.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Vyrolakos

Originally posted by solareus

The game works, pretty well. Drop 15 bucks and see for yourself, it is not a hard choice to try a game if you already own it...

May I suggest you DON'T "drop 15 bucks"?

The Isle of Dawn 14 day trial is FREE to download and play.

What's more, if you opt to 'buy' the full game from within the trial, you only pay the monthly subscription price. There is no game package charge. Just the monthly fee.

If you aren't sure about the current state of Vanguard, just download the free trial and see for yourself. Some will like it and others will dislike it.

I don't know what it was like when it was first released (REALLY bad I hear), but it plays pretty damn well now.

If you are in the UK/EU and like the game, remember to join the Halgar server, the population is low/med but there are some really good guilds on there who play weekday evening & weekend UK times.

TBH, I had more fun during its release then what it has become now. There's lots of things thats been added and taken out and changed. Some low level dungeons have been made smaller, some nice weapons and armor haven been taken out, quests have been made easier to get good rewards. ETC. Even though people say that during the early days of release they encountered a lot of bugs, I rarely came across any, I guess I was just lucky. But the whole experience from level 1 to 20 back when VG first came out was so much funner it not the best I've had, mainly due to the fact that there were lots of people playing. When I reached over level 25+ everything gotten so boring, there was still quite a few people, but it would never be as fun as when I first started in the starter towns and surrounding areas.

Now days it just gotten way too easy now. Experience gains faster with added rest experience, deconstucting stuff available to everyone (used to be jsut crafters), crafting materials easier to acquire, monsters are super easy to kill now, etc. Like I said, not as fun as the early days, however performance and bug fixes did become better.

Great game. Try it out. Its very in depth, its like a book that makes you wanna keep reading to find out what happens next. You'll be absorbed into the story.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Wow.  All these success stories about Vanguard, how it's jam-packed with people and lots of great updates, makes me want to consider coming back.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Wow.  All these success stories about Vanguard, how it's jam-packed with people and lots of great updates, makes me want to consider coming back.

It's improved for sure, but jam-packed with people it is not.  Updates are generally good because of bug fixes, but they're in the process of completely changing how the game is played (very solo friendly to heavily group oriented) and there's a lot that will need to be updated to make this new direction happen.

I'd say give it a try and see if you like it.  It's only about .50 cents a day if you already own the game. 

• PeccaviPeccavi Member Posts: 53

i was in closed and open beta played for about a month then my WoW guild "made" me come back I was on Floryndl which I see is gone, I have been seriously considered coming back, I have a disciple in the teens and a SK as well. I know the game is massive but how easy is it to get a group and such?