Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Gets its First Level 80 in Only 27 Hours

IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Hope it was a fun 27 hours. I guess you get some bang for your buck. The price of the expansion (40 bucks), and not even one monthly fee, and game over.

On a positive note, he did group to do this, so woot! WoW is a grouping game!

Comments

• pewtpewtpewtpewt Member Posts: 115

depressing...27 hours straight?

DARKFALL 09!

Apparently 08 didn't make it :(

Sorros of Forumfall.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
    Originally posted by pewtpewt

depressing...27 hours straight?

Yes, 27 hours straight. The servers go live, 27 hours later this dude has a max character.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Only way this could happen is if a group of players sat together in the same room, had food and drink delivered to them, and pissed and crapped in their pants as they kept playing and playing.

I assume the windows were open.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

meh, athene's buddy had it on lockdown in 13 hours, theyre not giving him credit because he never actually hit 80 but he was less then a bar away and on a boss that would knock him to 80

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

do keep in mind that player is far from being hardcore, its a pro gamer :P he prolly worked with an entire team to plvl him as fast as possible. besides that theres still some endgame pve content to burn, altho one guild already went through all that :P

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Don't people sleep or work anymore ?

Originally posted by pencilrick

Only way this could happen is if a group of players sat together in the same room, had food and drink delivered to them, and pissed and crapped in their pants as they kept playing and playing.

Oh, like you don't crap your pants when you play an MMORPG.

• GidSlackGidSlack Member Posts: 173

Blizzard should buy up some Adult Diaper companies.  A great way to diversify now that the economy is tanking.  Cater to the hardcore player. 

• heremypetheremypet Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by GidSlack

Blizzard should buy up some Adult Diaper companies.  A great way to diversify now that the economy is tanking.  Cater to the hardcore player. 

HAHAHA! diapers for adult wow players, that is funny is so many ways.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119

Two things

Reality is that the average gamer will take roughly 3 weeks on getting to 80.

Secondly - the expansion has far more to offter than raising level cap.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

So raid content has already been cleared?

Even if its a super guild raid content is not supposed to be cleared in two days.

blizzard has some buffing to do, If this is the future of WoWs raid game alot of players will look to the next hardcore raiding game.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• strategystrategy Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by metalhead980

So raid content has already been cleared?
    Even if its a super guild raid content is not supposed to be cleared in two days.
    blizzard has some buffing to do, If this is the future of WoWs raid game alot of players will look to the next hardcore raiding game.

No, they (25 "players") needed 5 months in open Beta to clear it. And most hi end Raiding isn' t  even in the game yet. Only Nax.

So first multi person per account to power level to lvl 80 (normally forbiddden) and then prepare for 7 days a week for 5 to 6 hours long during open beta to find the tactics in downing some end bosses.

This took them about 5 months playing time in open Beta to prepare it. That's the (dis)advantage of the Blizz system: they want to test it all in open Beta.

Leading up to some guys making abuse of this "open" development system Blizzard offers.

Choose now which of those "25" is the biggest idiot.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by GidSlack

i generally  wear depends so i dont have to get up. i can just piss and crap right in front of the computer without having to waste my time to go to the bathroom.

• 3L1TE3L1TE Member Posts: 167

Nymh had a Dedicated Healer for those 27 hours, IGN and a few other sites got an interview with him / her, their was also a few OTHER level 80s before Nymh but because they used an exploit to reach level 80 they received a suspension and then their levels were set back to 70.

World of Warcraft seems to not be very challenging.

• DunkelGrafDunkelGraf Member Posts: 8

Whenever i read stuff like that i ask myself:

Why do people play a roleplaying game?????

Where is the roleplaying?

Is it all about having the best char and equippment?

Companies really need to remove RP from MMORPG!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by lornj

i generally  wear depends so i dont have to get up. i can just piss and crap right in front of the computer without having to waste my time to go to the bathroom.

We all seen that Southpark episode... Sometimes I wonder about the people I play with, some off 'em never takes "Bio"...

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Hope it was a fun 27 hours. I guess you get some bang for your buck. The price of the expansion (40 bucks), and not even one monthly fee, and game over.

On a positive note, he did group to do this, so woot! WoW is a grouping game!

If you actually read what he did, there is no fun. He killed the same mob over and over for 27 hours.

I spend the last 2 days doing quests .. now that is a load of fun.

Though i only level to 72.

Remember there is a big end game too. It is not just leveling.

• wozzuwozzu Member Posts: 109

They tell me his team stayed in one cavern from 70 to 80 and the three of them ground the whole thing, not a single quest.

The team would tag a mob and their guild would burn it down.

• torn51torn51 Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Oh, like you don't crap your pants when you play an MMORPG.

exactly......

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by DunkelGraf

Whenever i read stuff like that i ask myself:

Why do people play a roleplaying game?????
    Where is the roleplaying?
    Is it all about having the best char and equippment?

Companies really need to remove RP from MMORPG!

Of course it is about power-leveling, min-maxin & gear. Where have you been? And there is nothing wrong with it. Hack-n-slash with power is FUN.

Why focus on semantics? It is called RPG because of historical reasons. It is nothing to do with RP and everyone understands that. It is like HOT DOG where there is no DOG involved.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

So what if some powergamers rush to 80? Maybe thats what they enjoy. I say 90%+ of the playerbase has yet hit 75.

Remember its only 10 levels .. To expect it to take weeks to get 10 levels is pretty shortsighted.

Originally posted by SlyLoK

So what if some powergamers rush to 80? Maybe thats what they enjoy. I say 90%+ of the playerbase has yet hit 75.
    Remember its only 10 levels .. To expect it to take weeks to get 10 levels is pretty shortsighted.

You are right. It's an expansion, and it's very popular, and most players are saying it's very well done, and lots of fun. Just because some guy powerleveled in 27 hours doesn't mean the average player won't have a great time for several months of game play.

I don't think we say anything like this in WAR, but maybe that's because there aren't 11 million people playing WAR.

• scribe331scribe331 Member Posts: 71

Who gives a fuck?

• mmofanaticmmofanatic Member UncommonPosts: 136

Hearing about this stuff makes the game slightly less fun for me.

Originally posted by scribe331

Who gives a fuck?

Obviously you, since you took the time to read this thread, then post in it.