Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think the PvP combat system is revolutionary?

zollenzollen Member Posts: 351

Just like the title said, do you think the PvP combat system is revolutionary>?

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by zollen

Just like the title said, do you think the PvP combat system is revolutionary>?

I wouldn't say it's revolutionary but it's very well thought out and very good.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I don't think any combat is revolutionary but I do think that the pvp combat is alot better than some give it credit for. Guild Wars did alot of things right but many overlook it because some feel it is not a real mmo.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

In comparison to other MMOs it's revolutionary but then again the most other MMOs seem to all be doing WoW remixes, so I'd say it isn't in that perspective. It depends on how you see it.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

the combat system of autorun/auto attack and hit skills is generic,and would be much funner if it worked like a twitch 3rd person shooter. but the class and abilities (skills) system is TOP NOTCH. I would say that is revolutionary.

but the main thing that bothers me in GW PvP is healer only classes, which really wreck the pace and enjoyment.

My blog: image

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Consensus

but the main thing that bothers me in GW PvP is healer only classes, which really wreck the pace and enjoyment.

How so?

• robby5403robby5403 Member Posts: 368

Best overall PVP system till now in a MMORPG....Think its getting beated by Spellborn but even that isn't sure....

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Lydon

Originally posted by Consensus

How so?

because which team wins in pvp depends entirely on who has healers. so its no fun. and matches say in RA with a team with 2 monks are soooooo DULL. or with 2 monks vs 2 monks means a complete stale mate and waste of time.

without monks matches would be so much more fast paced and enjoyable.

My blog: image

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

GW is more than 3 years old and "Revolutionary" seems a bit overused these days. However, I have yet to find an online RPG that even come close to GW in terms of balanced and structured PvP.

Structure and balance in PvP is a nescessity if you want to do something like organized tournaments and ladders with any sort of meaning. GW have been able to do that and we still have the monthly automated tournaments, ladders and so on.

My limited knowledge to what most MMO'er appear to call "PvP" actually led me to believe Age of Conan would have some qualities close to GW PvP but alas; I failed.

Looking at PvP in big hits such as WoW, recent releases like AoC and more I guess you could call GW PvP revolutionary as NONE of them even come close to being a worthy playingfield for online competitive play!

GW even have an "observer mode" like some popular competitive FPS games.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)