Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who told me CABAL is better than Holic?

After grinding in Holic (holic.netgame.com OB) for so long, and punching mobs in CABAL for so long, and reading posts here, I really wanna talk about grinding!

I belive that "grinding" is a bad word for MMOs right? you tell people, oh! Holic sucks because you grind all day, you grind your main, your sub, your pet........ but don't you grind in CABAL? I grinded my ass off trying to get some sword skills or whatever, punching trees, punching mummies, punching wired bugs or plants. Isn't that grinding? You do quests like "kill x "whatever mob" and return to XXXX in XXXX" over and over and over, isn't that grinding?

so, What makes CABAL a good game? I see good game systems, nice stuffs on PvP and so on. but When you say it's easy too level in CABAL, what do you really mean? the grinding starts later on in game so you get into intense grinding at Lv.50 instead of 30 or 20? Whatif I make a game where you can get to Lv.99 in like 2 hours and then it's 20hour grind per level? would that be great? or eve, 1hour grind per level, but level cap at 2000, does that sound good to you?

The thing is, every MMO must have grinding! and they are all the same, they last for exactly the same amount of time! why? because it shows howmuch time you've put into the game! the more time you spent, the more powerful you'll be! If there's no grind and everyone gets to max level with best equips in 1 week, what the hell are you playing man? you won't be able to beat anyone in Pvp because you'll all die together!

of course there is a way to get over this, that's the online FPS games, like battle field. when you got good at it, you can own people with a brand new account with 0 scores on it. but that's now the point, the point is that world, that community in MMOs right? You don't need to grind if you don't want to! if you wanna be better than others you need to grind either through killing mobs, hunter items, grinding skills, repeating quests or whatever, same stuff.

==============================

you may not like Holic's cartoon graphics, but all those other excuses are just complete crap after I tried CABAL, like:

Graphics, I can't even see my face in CABAL, there is nothing that looks good except the fancy skills that everyone can use (with everything maxed out)

Quest/less grind: toomuch quest is just as annoying as grinding, those gay quests requires you to kill like 100mobs, isn't it the same as grinding solo? skill grind sucks.

items/crafting: ALL wizard cloths in CABAL look EXACTLY the same! with diffrent textures! at least there are....6 diffrent mage full body armor sets in Holic. The crafting in CABAL creats some good equips, but not if you already have the variaties in droped items.

world: those worlds in CABAL are tiny and have no details, no style, no life in them. by pure area, they are bigger than Holic

Dungeon: ALL CABAL dungeons look the same, I rather have 5 nice looking, huge, detailed ones like Holic

Stats/build/skill points: that system in CABAL looks nice, but it doesn't work! all those equips will force you to follow ONE build all the way down. where you are free to build any stats in Holic by choosing the right equips, which is challenging. the skill system in CABAL also look good, but everyone has the same skills, they just look diffrent, like a fire cannon and a water cannon or something. so why make a money-wasting system when they could be automatic like Holic?

Finaly, let me guess why do many people like CABAL. cause the armors look huge and the swords look huge? the skills look fancy, the girls look sexy? cause you look like you OWN in CABAL? but do you actually overpower anyone? anyway, CABAL was good, I'd say maybe even a little bit better than Holic, but don't give me these crap excuses, they don't make sense once you tried both games in depth. I still choose Holic because personaly I had enugh of the sexy looking people, some are way too sexy...

Comments

• MarcussUkMarcussUk Member Posts: 25

Although I haven't played Holic I have played Cabal, everything looks the same and you grind from level 1.

I was killing the same monsters constantly and it was just a complete bore.

MarcussUk

• AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

I haven't play holic but cabal can suck my ******!

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • SupercoolguySupercoolguy Member UncommonPosts: 4

I have a lv 143 BL on Cabal so any noob here with no experience in it or played for 20minutes should shutup.

Cabal is fun the quests are a bit repititve but would you rather grind for 170 lv's it isnt just killing mobs you go into instances ALOT for quests i mean you go in TONS of instances for quests so it is fun so stop talking crap about kill x mob also the mounts are an astral board and bike I have the only +7 bike on the server I quit tho my IGN was Enigima but all things aside Cabal is a great game good graphics entertaining especially the dungeons that are hard and make you think if you go head first into b2f or forgotten temple your dead. The crafting is hard but fun upgrading items is also challenging but fair instead of other games where u go +1 +2 +3 and then fail +0 its actually in cabal +1 +2 +3 and fails from +4 give u -1 so +5 fail +4   and +6-7 fail = 0 Alot more fair.

Holic I havent played only watched videos and its too kiddy for me honestly I could never take it seriously so if any pro holic player can tell us about it go ahead cuz im sure those of you who bashed on cabal didnt even hit lv 50 to get battle mode 2

• goldjasgoldjas Member Posts: 13

Heh, i quit Cabal at level 143 as well.

To be quite frank, it is a good game up till level 99 when the quests stop, then the game just gets worse and worse as you level.  Its especially bad at 110 or 115+ (when RS stops giving good xp) when you just have to grind the same mobs for hours on end...then when you get to 125 that one mob changes to branny and ectoleaves..then you grind them...pretty much all the way till 170 (since they give more xp then the mobs in the 140+ area, I suppose maybe at like 160 since they'll con so low to you the mobs in the 140+ area might finally give more xp, but i digress...)

while doing that grinding you  may get lucky and get a SoD or FR key every 5-10 hours or so, so you get to run those, then get bad luck and get no loot for running them (yayz!)

• traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298

Hmmm.. better to check the cabal online, ive seen the trailer and gameplay, its awesome, i dont know if its good when im already inside the game.

• SupafroxxSupafroxx Member Posts: 54

I wouldn't waste my time playing Cabal Online if there was another MMO where getting level 200+ means having fun while you're doing it. (Anarchy Online, and yes Cabal needs to be struck with a blunt object and buried alive) All in all if it was a match-up between Holic & Cabal Online I would have to say Holic is the champion. By personal experience Holic is better, you can sub-class and not much more but, I'm not bias by how a game looks. (the whole badass vs. cutesy debate) I just care about how much fun it is, and Holic is more fun.

• KainXSKainXS Member Posts: 13

OH man, screw cabal, I'm a lvl 148 FB with trans magic and trans sword and the grinding is horrible, you can grind an entire week and get like 50 skill points at high lvl when you need about 200 to skill lvl up.

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

probem with cabal i found, was the mobs.  They pissed me off so much.  They were so close together that when u tried to pull one, a group of  5 or 6 came too, or eventually walked into you.  It was a grinder quest too, with the exception of those dungeons you get every few levels, but those took like 5 minutes

• traquenatraquena Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by RespyShunt

probem with cabal i found, was the mobs.  They pissed me off so much.  They were so close together that when u tried to pull one, a group of  5 or 6 came too, or eventually walked into you.  It was a grinder quest too, with the exception of those dungeons you get every few levels, but those took like 5 minutes

thats more fun when the all mobs attacking on you, i like that because it kinda challenge to me LOL.

• pandolinopandolino Member Posts: 39

his right for me the better the mobs the better the game lol..... coz when I played RF online I encounter the right timing when will the mobs will repawn hahaha....

• keNg_eLLykeNg_eLLy Member Posts: 33

I haven't play holic but i can say that cabal is only good in casting skills....period....peace out!!!

• AznmaskAznmask Member Posts: 178

all mmorpg have to grind, it is part of the game. When i was playing Lineage 1( ya not Lineaeg 2) . Well at that time Max Lv is 49. (not many Lv48 either crazy if u lv49).

And the game's challenge is level is nothing.. czu it everything about your gears..I like games once get to certain lv it is not necessary to lv up but instead just work on your gears..

• SareSare Member Posts: 104

So what you saying is, that you want away from the sexy ladies? I can only find one thing in mancode that will allow that, BROS BEFORE HOES! So only if your friends play a different game, stay in the game with the sexy women. Also, take something free over something you have to pay for. But anyway, i hate grind as much as anyone, i want a new game, with barely any grind, so i can get to a high level and PK everyone 'till they get sick of the game, call me a loser, while i laugh.

Everything has it's time. You have five minutes. Run.

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

This thread is still alive? Wow.  Slow forum...

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Holic isn't about grinding ONLY. i started to play this game about 5 days ago, i'm lvl 32 now, i reached it totally alone (i'm a solo freak), by questing and killing mobs. AND i still get quests, so yeah... you actually need to kill mobs for equips, but it's always fun to open the little boxes to see what you got (: i've never bought anything from npcs / user shops because i get EVERYTHING from the mobs. this is why "grinding" is fun in Holic and never gets boring because quests help you out, too. i love this game because it's totally soloable, the enchant system is easy, no pvp* (i hate pvp), kinda easy to get good equips, nice community, many easy to get fashion items to costumize your character, fun subclass system, nice graphics, awesome places, etc...

*even thought some people said there will be pvp in november ; . ; i hope this is a bad rumor, lol...

(sorry for my bad english)

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• SzarkaztixSzarkaztix Member Posts: 12

Who even said that Cabal is a cool game? I have tried it and I hated it.

• BikuuBikuu Member Posts: 10

I haven't played Cabal, but in Holic I made it to level 20-21.

As much as I loved the graphics and the people, the grinding was just too much of a hassle. It's fun if you don't mind the grindfest, but if you're not up for that - don't play it.

EDIT:

Ew @ me reviving an old thread. It was on the front page. xD

• BikuuBikuu Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by IareEatBOAT

I like these games for one reason only, they're mindless free clones that keeps most of the mindless immature gamers away from the real games.

So you're saying that because some of us prefer free games or can't afford the subscription ones - we're mindless and immature? Ok. Because that statement itself isn't immature or anything.

I've met plenty of people in P2P games that come across as "mindless and immature".

And just because a game is F2P, doesn't mean it's not a "real game". Get your virtual ego inflated head out of your ass. kthnx. <3

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

Everyone have their preferences in different games for different reasons.

You can't seriously think everyone should have the same opinion as you do.  We are not in 6th grade anymore, or are you?... I can never tell since it is the internet.