Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take to level 1-65? (for a rusty WOW vet)

BattleFelonBattleFelon Member UncommonPosts: 483

So, I'm getting the WOW bug again, and it doesn't help that a bunch of my friends and family are telling me how much fun WOTLK is.

Here's the problem - they all moved to a PVP server about a year ago, so I'd need to start over from level 1 (my 70 is on a carebear server). I also haven't played since about 2 months after BC came out.  I've heard that with the new experience bonuses you can essentially make 60 now in 2-3 days played, though I have no idea if that's true. Once I get into Outland, I'm sure I'll have plenty of death knights to group up with, but the 1-60 grind will be the hardest.

Can anyone give me the 411 about whether the faster leveling is true? Also, any suggestions on which class to take? I'm personally interested in rogue, warlock, or paladin, but not sure how any of them will do once I hit Northrend.

Comments

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

Levelling is approximately 30% faster than it used to be. 

2-3 days played  = 48 to 72 hours =  12 to 18 days if playing for 4 hours a day on average.  Sounds about right, but that's if you take into account rest exp.

Realistically it takes most people about a month of solid play.  Some players level a lot slower because they're not rushing, and get distracted by battlegrounds or fishing contests etc.   If you can afford to dedicate your life to the game you can level in a couple of weeks.

The real long 'grind' comes at 70 now.

My suggestion would be to transfer your old character to your new PvP server, you can do that now I think.  Then consider rolling a Death Knight, they start at level 58.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Recant

Levelling is approximately 30% faster than it used to be. 
    2-3 days played  = 48 to 72 hours =  12 to 18 days if playing for 4 hours a day on average.  Sounds about right, but that's if you take into account rest exp.
    Realistically it takes most people about a month of solid play.  Some players level a lot slower because they're not rushing, and get distracted by battlegrounds or fishing contests etc.   If you can afford to dedicate your life to the game you can level in a couple of weeks.
    The real long 'grind' comes at 70 now.
    My suggestion would be to transfer your old character to your new PvP server, you can do that now I think.  Then consider rolling a Death Knight, they start at level 58.

Correction DK start atlevel 55 and you can level up to 60 in about 2 days if you refer a friend (triple xp).

• AbronzAbronz Member Posts: 126

Why start at level 1 when you can transfer your 70 over to the new server.

You can transfer to a PvP server from any PvE server.  But you can't transfer from PvP to PvE.

• JadedfireJadedfire Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Abronz

You can transfer to a PvP server from any PvE server.  But you can't transfer from PvP to PvE.

Really? Hmmm... Did Blizzard change the transfer system from PvP Realm to PvE Realm? It used to be that I knew of, you could transfer from PvP to PvE, but you couldnt transfer from PvE to PvP. Then a month or two ago, Blizzard changed it to where you could tranfer from PvE to PvP realms. As far as I know, you still can transfer from a any Realm to any Realm you wish to.

Correct me if I am wrong please..

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Abronz

uhm.. u can trasnfer from any server to any server.. regardless of wether it is pvp, pve, rp or rppvp, this change was made a long time ago - get with it... if you have your heart set on leveling another toon dont level a rogue, theyre useless, level a warlock or paladin, if blizzard actually goes with subbing out talents for free with a warlock you can have an afflic build for pvp and destro for pve and with pally you can do whatever combo you please.. pallies are more needed as you level, and as of 3.0 ret paladins can easily tank any instance from 1 to 65, i've done it -.- so can anyone else.

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• AbronzAbronz Member Posts: 126

I just did a transfer and the system specifically told me that I could not transfer from a PvP server to a PvE server.  Now this was with the paid transfer so maybe different with the free ones.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

id say a week or two just make sure you download and use the quest helper mod to speed things up a bit.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Two months tops.