Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Athene & CO Level 80 World First

2»

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Athene is the kind of person you bitchslap the second he opens his mouth so you don't have to listen to the stupidity first.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

love the title of his website.

ATHENE- best Paladin in the world!

i also enjoy how Athene refers to himself in the 3rd person

god i hate arrogent people like that...

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• MarioFTWMarioFTW Member Posts: 26

There's a new video up now outlining the process of how it was actually done: the preparation and the actually instance runs:

Even if you're not an Athene fan, it's still quite impressive what they actually did.

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Originally posted by karat76

Truly sad. Players like him make all gamers look like no life antisocial basement dwellers.  I pity him.

Actually it's the gamers that have no social life and live in basements that make them look like that. You must be an idiot if you think that the people don't exist hahaha. You just don't see them because *GASP* they're in basements or busy staying inside and playing a video game with no social abilities.

In the past month I've met two people who are completely incapable of interacting with other human beings verbally and physically because they've spent their entire lives playing video games behind a screen.

Eat it.

• AntipopealanAntipopealan Member Posts: 62

If i remember correctly, the first person to make 70 after TBC came out did it with help from his guild. I think they did the tag-a-mob-then-let-other -people kill-it-for-you trick.

Mind you, Athene is probaly the most annoying person in WOW. But to give credit to him, he is by far the most well known player of WOW.

What i don't understand though, is why his guild mates would bother helping him out. He gets all the credit, not them!

• MarioFTWMarioFTW Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Antipopealan

If i remember correctly, the first person to make 70 after TBC came out did it with help from his guild. I think they did the tag-a-mob-then-let-other -people kill-it-for-you trick.

Mind you, Athene is probaly the most annoying person in WOW. But to give credit to him, he is by far the most well known player of WOW.

What i don't understand though, is why his guild mates would bother helping him out. He gets all the credit, not them!

You are correct, the first person to get 70 was in fact someone who used mob tagging with the assistance of their guild.

Just to clarify your last statement. They did not level up Athene: they leveled up Darus. He also states in his video that it did not matter who they were levellng up, but that they just wanted to go for the achievement.

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

Why is everyone so negative towards athene lol? All he wanted to do is break a record, he worked hard for it - you think their was no challange in what that group did? im almost positive none of you could, for him to be banned is the only sad part - i expect a ton of you whome play wow to have 5+ days of gameplay from 70 to 80, he made it so his friend has 13, good game? it's rediculous -.- bad blizz, bad

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

well that video of himself and his sidekick made me realise something

I don't EVER want to be like him !!!!!!

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

indeed this guy is annoying and thinks hes the shizzz and all that but.... its a game!!!! lol!!!! who cares what this guy did first, second or whatever. do you people realize this is only a game and nothing more. nothing comes of it in life at all. nothing. the only thing i can give this guy credit for is having a hot piece of trim with big cans for a girlfriend. how she tolerates it, i have no idea.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Whats his characters name that has reached 80? reason I ask because i went to armory and search Athene and a lvl 80 didnt pop up. So which one of his chars hit 80?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Well, all I'll say is... I'm not surprised someone reached it already. I'm even more surprised if anyone else actually would be.

That said.. I notice a few people in here seem to really not like Athene... and if all you had to go on was how he carries on in his vids, I could understand why.

Thing is... it's an act.

He's not really like that. I"ve heard interviews with the guy and, on his site now, there's a video where he discusses the situation, how they came up with the method they used to level etc...

No bravado, no bragging, no going on about his girlfriend's cleavage... Just straight, normal talk.

In fact, if you listen to what he says about his take on the whole thing and in general, he's got a very healthy point-of-view about the game. I know some people personally who would do well to adopt the same mentality.

The Athene that bugs people is basically a "character".

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by hercules

well that video of himself and his sidekick made me realise something
    I don't EVER want to be like him !!!!!!

I hope you realize that his video's are satire.  It amazes me how many gulliable people there are on the internet.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

all he wants to do is pwn noobz!!! lol

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Pretty messed up that Blizzard panicked and banned them after a GM told them it was perfectly legal.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64

What's funny you tards that are getting huffy puffy. Don't know Athene i guess.. is nothing but a act. It's not serious at all, and if you watched his videos on youtube you would know, and also know why he wanted first at 80.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

LOL @ all the Player Haters in here.

He did it fair and square.

Who gives a  crap if he would have been the first 80. So What?!?!

Getting Banned after Blizzard said it was ok, is the big deal

http://www.worldofathene.com/records.php

Thats Bull((*&*#))

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Already did.
    www.mmo-champion.com/index.php

And that person did the same Trick LOL