Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Rank Went Down?

MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

My rank here at MMORPG.com went down, though I have no idea why. Isn't there a way for me to know?

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

Comments

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516
  • Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

A number of factors can affect your rank, but you are never informed specifically why.

It has something to do with frequency of posting, the content of your post, being involved with polls etc.

• deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51

aim for rank here is like doing drug.. once you start it you can't stop  XD

thats why i rather have my freedom =)

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

I have been posting almost everyday for awhile now and haven't posted anything that is questionable. As for that matter, if I have to log on everyday and spend hours posting just to be considered a member of high standing, that isn't going to happen. I actually have a life away from my computer, games and this site.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

Really? I don't feel addicted to it.  I only post when I feel like it.  Does ranking even do anything? LOL

As much as I don't care about it though sometimes some people just need a small tongue lashing at logical thinking here.  Mostly certain game's fanboi.  They won't even allow people to say that game is average just because they play it.  That is about the only time where I get fired up and start the logic lecture.

P.S I actually started replying and posting like 3 days ago.  I never used this site before that.  Now, I am hardcore member, sigh.  Well this account was here for years though, maybe that is why it got up fast? No idea.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

It isn't like rank matters.  You're not going to get some special prize for being an elite or hardcore member.  I go from 1 star to 5 stars and back all the time.  Just depends how much you post, and how much you type in posts.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Sheista

It isn't like rank matters.  You're not going to get some special prize for being an elite or hardcore member.  I go from 1 star to 5 stars and back all the time.  Just depends how much you post, and how much you type in posts.

QFT

Rank means nothing on the site, i never look at it either when i see someone post.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• TenSpottingTenSpotting Member Posts: 367

Rank just like the hype meter is useless

I want to hit the elusive 5-star rating but just can't help letting rip on the occassional fanboy or troll who is clearly being deluded or irrational. I'm forever destined to languish in the 4-star zone because of this little tick.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

Saw someone   "negate" an argument the other week based on the other guys mmorpg.com rank. Was pretty amazed. Should just ignore those pretty little stars.

• AnvirAnvir Member Posts: 131

The stars mean nothing and the titles under the stars mean nothing, it's what you say that means something and nothing else!

People with more stars or some stupid line under it isn't worth anything more then anyone here!

Originally posted by Boompje

Saw someone   "negate" an argument the other week based on the other guys mmorpg.com rank. Was pretty amazed. Should just ignore those pretty little stars.

People will resort to anything around here.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Originally posted by TenSpotting

Rank just like the hype meter is useless

QFT