Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

guess war isnt as good as i thought

ok. i log into my lvl 23 wh to do some rvr. no ones around. a guy here, a guy there. not worth waitin around for an hour to kill 1 guy. so i join t3 scens. in 2 hours, not 1 pop. so i ask myself: is this what i thought? nope.

when i first started playing, the game was sweet. doin pq's, scens, and tryin to open that lair to kill the big baddie. first of all, the lairs are too difficult with a small group. since most are in rvr, you lvl out before you get a chance to do them. no one does pq's anymore except high lvl toons comin back to get the titles for bag looting. rvr is dead. pve gets boring so fast. not enough quests to lvl without movin to different tier areas. people are like reknown rank 24, lvl 40. thats 56 more reknown rank lvls to go.

i do like the game. no desirable order classes to play. kotbs looks horrible. i dont want a damn peacock on my head.    black guard looks sweet but like destro needs another cool toon? i play both sides. i want to play order but nothin keeps it interesting, and destro usually pounds the hell out of order. that gets boring as well.

i see myself cheering for funcom to get their shit together as aoc was a very interesting game with really fun combat. just too many bugs made me leave for a bit. i hate to say it, but at least wow has enough to keep me busy until either mythic or funcom gets their head out of their asses and makes their respective games be what we all know they can be. dont compete to kill the other. just be a good solid game. thats all everyone wants.

thx and we'll leave the light on for ya!

Comments

• maxx028maxx028 Member UncommonPosts: 69

My suggestion would be to join a decent guild and/or go to a more populated server. On ironfist, senarios pop constantly and we have tons of t3 ORvR. At lev. 23 it would be a pain to start from scratch, but would be worth in IMHO.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

i actually am in a rank 15 guild. im on the bretonnia server so thats not a real issue either. i guess i just had a standard set a little too high. i know its my bad. maybe its time to go back to my ps3 for awhile. maybe a leave of absence will fuel the fires once again.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

As for the scenarios, they're trying to move people away from farming Nordenwatch, Mourkain Temple, etc. So you'll probably notice longer queue times as people adjust from repeating one scenario and then blaming Mythic because they're bored (morons) to doing all the scenarios in a Tier and getting that nice variety. WAR's like a skeleton right now, it has it's base but it needs some meat before it'll compete with World of Warcrap. Anyways, after 1.1 I think the game will really go uphill. Then in 6 months people will return, find out they liked it more than they thought, and it'll stabalize pop-wise after about a year.

Lol, Bretonnia? Order? There's yer problem. That's my Destro server and we roflstomp Order all the time. Go to Ostermark, it has a fairly healthy Order population and we're always competing with Destro. No T4 zones secured yet because the battle keeps raging in the previous Tiers! 

If you do, Templars is a pretty good guild. Not sure which rank but they're part of my guild's alliance.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

well, i'll be watching (and maybe still playing) war to see where it goes. maybe im just too old for this shit.

• woody1974woody1974 Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by silverreign

ok. i log into my lvl 23 wh to do some rvr. no ones around. a guy here, a guy there. not worth waitin around for an hour to kill 1 guy. so i join t3 scens. in 2 hours, not 1 pop. so i ask myself: is this what i thought? nope.
    when i first started playing, the game was sweet. doin pq's, scens, and tryin to open that lair to kill the big baddie. first of all, the lairs are too difficult with a small group. since most are in rvr, you lvl out before you get a chance to do them. no one does pq's anymore except high lvl toons comin back to get the titles for bag looting. rvr is dead. pve gets boring so fast. not enough quests to lvl without movin to different tier areas. people are like reknown rank 24, lvl 40. thats 56 more reknown rank lvls to go.
    i do like the game. no desirable order classes to play. kotbs looks horrible. i dont want a damn peacock on my head.    black guard looks sweet but like destro needs another cool toon? i play both sides. i want to play order but nothin keeps it interesting, and destro usually pounds the hell out of order. that gets boring as well.
    i see myself cheering for funcom to get their shit together as aoc was a very interesting game with really fun combat. just too many bugs made me leave for a bit. i hate to say it, but at least wow has enough to keep me busy until either mythic or funcom gets their head out of their asses and makes their respective games be what we all know they can be. dont compete to kill the other. just be a good solid game. thats all everyone wants.
    thx and we'll leave the light on for ya!

What time of the day do you play? I usually play from 8pm till whenever and I have chars on 3 different servers, but never have had to look to far to find lots of people, could be a low pop server. I can tell you for me I find it boring in any game to hurry up and level.

I enjoy taking my time and enjoying the game for what it is..WAR isn't perfect, but then again what MMO is...This is why I have different genres of games installed on my PC...get bored with WAR..I go play COD4 or something else...

I would take the advice of others and find a nice size guild to get in..it opens up a whole new world...If you can transfer your char to a higher populated server...its free...

• hauj0bbhauj0bb Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by maxx028

My suggestion would be to join a decent guild and/or go to a more populated server. On ironfist, senarios pop constantly and we have tons of t3 ORvR. At lev. 23 it would be a pain to start from scratch, but would be worth in IMHO.

You guys are hilarious. "Dude, you're not playing the game right, just join a guild on this server, and i swear it's a lot better!" OR "Dude, you're not playing at the right time of day, DUHHHH! It's not fun at 6pm, it's only fun at 8pm!"

When these sort of excuses are constantly thrown around, it's painfully apparent what sort of condition the game is in.

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

The OP has some very good explanations, the game is great,  but you find yourself doing the samething over and over again, that is for sure.

• howardbhowardb Member Posts: 286

I've come to the same conclusions you have. For x-mas I'm re-opening my AoC sub. WAR was surprisingly fun the first month, but around level 30 the endless scenario'ing started to get very boring.

Now I can't find any motivation to log in anymore and that sucks considering I got two months left on my sub.

• SidereusSidereus Member Posts: 316

honestly the servers need a higher Population cap and then they need to fill these servers...only then their game will fly...but I guess Mythic dont catch it... or do they ?

QUESTION:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xridnasa:
    -
    What's a "grocery store"? Is that like McDonald's?
    -
    ANSWER:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sidimazz:
    -
    Kind of, just without the rapist.

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by hauj0bb

You guys are hilarious. "Dude, you're not playing the game right, just join a guild on this server, and i swear it's a lot better!" OR "Dude, you're not playing at the right time of day, DUHHHH! It's not fun at 6pm, it's only fun at 8pm!"

When these sort of excuses are constantly thrown around, it's painfully apparent what sort of condition the game is in.

Uhhh hey smart guy, you said those things! No one else did! No one said he "wasn't playing the game right" and no one said "your not playing at the right time of day DUHHH, its not fun at x time but its fun at x time". Stop making crap up just to bash a game. If you actually played WAR or any other heavy PVP/realm game, you'd know that they do depend on the population of the server, less people = less fights to get in DUHHHH! And guild choice can really effect the way you play the game. If your in a small casual guild that doesn't do much, your going to miss out on keep/city taking and such. Stop being a troll.

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

Yep it is a shame, because I too think this is a nice game, but there were some problems and mistakes, and these problems and mistakes got magnified by WOTLK.

However, last night we had 7 people online in our guild again, and we actually did a nice T2 keep defense and then a T2 keep raid.

And it was so much fun that I realised this game still has great potential and once we get transfers to Dragonback all will be good, as the WoW kiddies have left the building and we can finally start playing for real.

The players that have stayed with us this far, will stay for long and Mythic is making the right decisions and improving / fixing the game quickly.

And I dont care if this game only has 300k subs, it will be more then enough to sustain it, and we will have the best RvR out there ( almost as good as DAoC during the SI-era, maybe in time, even better ).

Greetz

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• naldricnaldric Member UncommonPosts: 909

Well, in fact changing server to a more populated one or entering a guild really lift the fun of the game up, but what would you know? you dont even play the game...

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Exactly.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by altairzq

Exactly.

Wrong server

Wrong guild (or no guild)

Wrong time of day

Wrong tier ( hear that one a lot too)