Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Athene & CO Level 80 World First

World famous World of Warcraft player and record-holder 'Athene' has just powerlevelled the world's first level 79 character, Darus, in World of Warcraft while going for world first level 80 using a mob-tagging method that was confirmed by Blizzard GM Aegeoth to be perfectly legal in the game (as shown in screenshot at the link below). Somehow the team still got illegitimately banned right before hitting level 80 by GM calordion...

Full article can be found here: http://www.worldofathene.com/records.php

Comments

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

Wow... whatever floats your boat I guess Can't say I'd ever want to do that though.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

so basically this guy runs around and does one quick hit on something, then has an unpartyed guild run behind him and kill the mob.

Some record.. and wow, this guy deserves to be famous.  The hardest part of that is to find the 10 dumb saps who kill your mobs for you and don't get the 'world famous record breaker' title.

Congrats on having the lvl 80 that you can't play now.  Maybe you can set a new record for leveling your new account from 1-80.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Azrile

so basically this guy runs around and does one quick hit on something, then has an unpartyed guild run behind him and kill the mob.
    Some record.. and wow, this guy deserves to be famous.  The hardest part of that is to find the 10 dumb saps who kill your mobs for you and don't get the 'world famous record breaker' title.
    Congrats on having the lvl 80 that you can't play now.  Maybe you can set a new record for leveling your new account from 1-80.

Well, I don't like Athene, but the effect he has on people(^this) makes him a brilliant troll.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

this is ignorant on multiple levels.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Of of the reasons I don't play Wow any more.  I still like the game, but plethora of immature players makes it difficult to enjoy.  Doing something, just because you can, makes it blantantly obvious there was no level of it here.

• DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951

I'd accept this expansion 100% if there was a button you could click saying <<Press here to skip the 10 stupid levels and get to 80 instantly>> sadly you can't do that and have to do stupid stuff like Athene to get it over with fast

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

*shhk* round the corner

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Truly sad. Players like him make all gamers look like no life antisocial basement dwellers.  I pity him.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Pathetic cheater got banned, good riddance.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

uhm if i understand this correct then he got banned BEFORE reaching lvl 80 right? so that doesnt make him the recordholder lolz

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

WoW is no longer a game. It is a life.

I tried to play back WoW with the 10 days trial offered by Blizzard and i hardly content the gameplay and such. Respect Athene for such addiction. Read the website and for many times, Athene "cried" on quitting WoW.

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• MarioFTWMarioFTW Member Posts: 26

You're right. Technically they didn't get to 80, (79). However they would have been the first to 80 had the GM not intervened.

Athene and CO were unbanned 3 hours later, and Shö was rolled back to 70.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

well if they got unbanned seems they were playing it the legal way, then it sucks for them

still a crazy thing to do :P even for a progamer

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• VramiVrami Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by karat76

Truly sad. Players like him make all gamers look like no life antisocial basement dwellers.  I pity him.

How is this true? Where most people will waste countless days/week/ and maybe months level from 70-80 he did it in less than 24 hours. Look like he will have a lot more social time than the rest of you =P

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

If I were a GM I would ban him too just for the hell of it.  Which leads me to believe that is why they banned him at 79.  Kind of a kick to the face for someone of Athene's ego.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Vrami

How is this true? Where most people will waste countless days/week/ and maybe months level from 70-80 he did it in less than 24 hours. Look like he will have a lot more social time than the rest of you =P

Isnt that the WHOLE point of playing an MMORPG? To take your time and experience what the game has to offer and enjoy it. Not just running through each level as fast as possible, that kills everything. You might as well grind your RL to age 80 ASAP while you're at it.

• VramiVrami Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by csthao

Originally posted by Vrami

Isnt that the WHOLE point of playing an MMORPG? To take your time and experience what the game has to offer and enjoy it. Not just running through each level as fast as possible, that kills everything. You might as well grind your RL to age 80 ASAP while you're at it.

Hmmm that might be the point of MMO's to you but I am pretty sure if you try and think about the point of MMO's as a whole it is based on player freedom. yes I know everyone wants a sandbox and ultimate freedom, but still in general I think the reason for playing an MMO is that you can do whatever the heck you want. So yes the point is to take your time if that is what you want, or to speed through the level system if that is what you want. But Blizz put in the first to 80 achievement SO they certainly contributed to the madness of quick leveling.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Why people so upset about someone already getting to 80? Theres going to be tons of 80s running around this weekend anyway!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

A-fricken-men.  Seriously sad. 

• pileopooppileopoop Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by andmiller

A-fricken-men.  Seriously sad. 

Jealous.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829

I pity you for giving a damn.

First to 8deh!!!!

Who cares. It doesn't mean a thing to my game playing arse. I give two shakes about the guy who feels above or below me in a bleeping game.

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

This whole thread is confusing. Was the guy in the linked thread the first to reach 80, or not?

His reasons for doing it are irrelevant and there is really not much point discussing them (as long as the method used was legit). Blizzard put a gazillion achievements into the game for people to spend time on. Leveling to 80 first is still an achievement to many people, whether it's included in the achievement roster or not.

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by Xasapis

This whole thread is confusing. Was the guy in the linked thread the first to reach 80, or not?
    His reasons for doing it are irrelevant and there is really not much point discussing them (as long as the method used was legit). Blizzard put a gazillion achievements into the game for people to spend time on. Leveling to 80 first is still an achievement to many people, whether it's included in the achievement roster or not.

He was the first to 79 by abusing the exp system. I find it funny he got banned at 79,  which  pretty much nulified his 10 seconds of fame.  Someone more deserving will most likely hit 80 before him now.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337