Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light game developer NPCube dismissed and convicted by French Court

Comments

• _Pix__Pix_ Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Raltar
    Originally posted by solareus

[... lol ...] 
    WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? There is no such thing as a "holistic" view and you are anything but neutral. Either you agree that DnL was a bad game or you don't. There is no "neutral" or "grey" or "holistic" option here.
    And you keep coming in here repeating information and opinions that are simply false and misleading. That is NOT a "neutral" position by any stretch of the imagination. When you say the game is still in development in China and that its going to make a comeback because of communism that allows chinese people to waste their time on crappy games, that is not a neutral position. Its a WRONG position because it isn't true and Pix proved it wasn't true.
    And why does Pix have to prove anything to you? More importantly, why does he have to make a "working demo" for a game to prove something? Thats just insane. It would be like if you said you work as a mechanic for a living and I demanded you come over to my house and fix my car or you aren't allowed to be a mechanic. Nevermind that you might be a power generator mechanic who doesn't work on cars, you still have to fix MY car or you aren't allowed to talk about it... What an arrogant request!
    "Grey area" indeed! Maybe you should do a bit more research and see what "neutral" actually means before you make another post attacking Pix or making up wild stories to defend DnL.

Welcome back into the wonderful fantasy world of Farlan/NPCube and al!

See I am in utter amazement by the sheer TIME they indulge themselves in building such far-fetched theories. OK they are not alone there are plenty of them.  

About communism and far-fetched theories, I have a particularly good one for you folks: did you know that that the President of the Reunion Island county (yes, it's European county), is the Founding Father of the Reunion Island communist party (in 1959 if I'm correct). No wonder they obtained not only European funding but also Chinese funding then. Business you know is all about having the right relationships. Not too sure, however, trolling on forums produces good products even in mass production countries like China. 

More to come, for sure. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

You are still hiding behind the fact that there even is a lawsuit. As far as I'm concerned thats between Pix, NPCube and the French courts. If Pix wins or loses still has nothing to do with anything other than if he gets paid or not. Like you pointed out, the lawsuit isn't about the game itself or if it was a bad game.

But that brings us right back to the REAL point: DnL was the worst MMORPG ever made, peroid.

Nothing you say at this point about the lawsuit or Pix will change that... In fact, you know what? Why don't you anwser this question for me that your buddy Zytx has been dodging for about a month now:

Even if Pix is satan himself, Vworld was just asking to be stolen and you have all the evidence to prove it, how does that erase all the other problems with the game? How does that erase the fact that nobody else at the company could program their way out of a cardboard box? How does that forgive the fact that they stole from their customers and charged money from people who had no desire to play? How does that change the way they lied to and mistreated every single paying customer in every way they could come up with?

Seriously, if you can give an even halfway logical anwser to that question then I will personally learn french, travel to france and argue on behalf of NPCube at the trial. Until then you can take your communist ideals and go back to China with them.

Originally posted by who you know

Good try at a brush off though, _pix_ jas spent his life after DnL with this case, it would seem he has no other avenue for income, because he can't reproduce a working demo of the technology.

Wrong again.

http://www.viewterra.com/

I don't have to "reproduce" anything, remember? I am the author.

TIP: You should calm down a bit, it's not good for the next judgment.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

For the most part, DnL was badly executed,coded and unstable, all things that seem to be what Pix is wanting to claim with his lawsuit ?

Is that the whole point of the suit? I thought it was whether vworld was stolen or not. Also, you cant blame Pix for DnLs engine becuase vworld is just one part of the game. I would blame Pix if DnL was great in most things BUT the engine. Seeing that it was poorly coded all around, i would deduce that it was just poorly implemented by the coders.

Oh, and was the suit about Pix being the author or about stolen intellectual property?

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

For the most part, people played the beta and still bought into the hype, that is there own fault.

Oh yeah and one other thing Solareus,

There weren't any people who "played the beta and bought into the hype" because according to Farlan there was no "beta" at all, atleast not that any of us actually got to play. You are thinking of Settlers of Garenth or whatever it was called (SoG) which according to Farlan was a "pre-release" of the game, not beta. Thus why they charged us money for it.

Oh and lets not forget about the fact that after we played SoG NONE of us were buying the hype any more. We scrambled to get refunds and Farlan scrabled to stop us. Then later Farlan had their buddies at "Click and Buy" start setting up accounts to charge monthly fees from people who had no desire to play the game. And again we wanted refunds and they tried everyhting they could to keep us from getting them.

The reason we are pissed has nothing to do with hype. It has to do with the fact that the creators of DnL used their half-assed product as a means to lie to us, cheat us and even literally STEAL from us. And if you can find some way to justify that behavior then I would seriously like to hear it. Until then: BACK TO CHINA WITH YOU.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by jimmyman99

For the most part, DnL was badly executed,coded and unstable, all things that seem to be what Pix is wanting to claim with his lawsuit ?

Is that the whole point of the suit? I thought it was whether vworld was stolen or not. Also, you cant blame Pix for DnLs engine becuase vworld is just one part of the game. I would blame Pix if DnL was great in most things BUT the engine. Seeing that it was poorly coded all around, i would deduce that it was just poorly implemented by the coders.

Oh, and was the suit about Pix being the author or about stolen intellectual property?

It seems like it at times, the people are using this suite to vindicate that they got ripped off, but yet the actual suite is about software, I think some folk are trying to have there cake and eat it as well..

For the most part, people played the beta and still bought into the hype, that is there own fault.

About your first sentence: are you saying that people should not sue if they get ripped? And intellectual property includes software.

About your second sentence: Raltar is right, there was no beta, the thing we played was SOG, which was supposedly a game, a sort of pre-quel to D&L release. Some people realized that company that failed with SOG would most likely fail with D&L as well. But, some still believed. After all, the public promotion campaign used all legal and illegal tricks to get people interested in D&L. Remember the photoshopped screenshots? So I can't entirely blame people - they got duped.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

Well, I seems to me that, as a gamer, interested in your Game, you know, you should better ask yourself if there is any more Game design in your Game. Any progress on this?

Anyway, glad to see you succeed in calming down a bit (the power of magical intervention). See, BS... vanishes into thin air.

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

All discussion on the court cases aside (as far as i can see there are 2 that are unconnected, one in the paris court, that now got turned down and another one on the economic side of things that is still ongoing), I think one misconception should be clarified:

Where from do you draw the conclusion there was no beta? DnL was in the pipe for several years before SoG ever saw the light. Indeed there was a beta, a rather long one even, before that. If SoG was some form of pre release or just another stage of beta is a matter of perspective, but there clearly has been a beta long before it.

The apparent lack of information some fellows have as a background for their attempt of eloquent discussion is amazing at times...

• CholaynaCholayna Member Posts: 1,604
    Originally posted by AnsgarIsen

All discussion on the court cases aside (as far as i can see there are 2 that are unconnected, one in the paris court, that now got turned down and another one on the economic side of things that is still ongoing), I think one misconception should be clarified:
    Where from do you draw the conclusion there was no beta? DnL was in the pipe for several years before SoG ever saw the light. Indeed there was a beta, a rather long one even, before that. If SoG was some form of pre release or just another stage of beta is a matter of perspective, but there clearly has been a beta long before it.
    The apparent lack of information some fellows have as a background for their attempt of eloquent discussion is amazing at times...

Yes, there was a beta -- I personally know of a few of the "beta"testers. The problem with the statement that there was a beta is that Farceland then made this "beta" the ACTUAL RELEASED GAME.

Several statements by the Farceland/NPFleece gangs were published --both on their own site as well as this site in an interview (see archived interviews still available or gander through some of the old topics here in this board)  --  in which they claimed that SOG was a "standalone"game, a "gift"to the loyal fans and NOT the actual DNL. We all know how that turned out -- SOG was indeed the BETA that was indeed the released DNL.

As far as the programming -- I have said this once before to one of those who can't seem to grasp a concept much less anything logical and clear ---- _Pix_ was responsible for VWORLD. He developed this and held copyright long before DNL. Please read his site for the information. (you can also glean the truth between the whine in Campion's "diary"-- albeit he left out the "diary"of his conviction of stealing money from the company and being found guilty and convicted nor does he understand that his part comes off as a greedy manipulating failed go-boy) . VWORLD is the only thing worth anything in the game and Farceland/NPFleece exploited this. Seems to me a company "developing"a game would have had a much more comprehensive group, experienced and competent in all phases of game development. Alas, now the world knows Farceland/NPFleece used VWORLD as their ticket to rip off millions.  (Further published statements by Farcland/NPFleece can be evidenced all over the www that show without a doubt their absolute  and deliberate false and misleading statements regarding not only their "ownership"of the technology they were exploting for their own gain but also their absolute and deliberate false and misleading statements regarding the game in almost all phases of its entire run -- from Beta to SOG to DNL to the final curtain. )

Secondly--  for a company to be able to "develop a game" I am sure you will agree that there would have been an entire crew to code -- not just one man. To discredit Pix for the entire game is completely off the wall. This again shows the utter ignorance, inexperience and incompetency of not only their "development crew" but more importantly their company fundamentals -- bad management.

The arrogance that these blind and obviously comprehension-free posters as well as the arrogance Farceland/NPFleece displayed up to and until the conviction and award to VWORLD (remember Farceland stated just before that case that the truth will come out, they will prove it and publish the results -- which of course never happened and they have remained silent since -- finally getting the idea that nobody wants to hear their bs anymore) -- is exactly what they accuse Pix of. Inventing any little manner of blame and discrediting an incredible development -- irregardless of a failed game-- in order to promote their own "facts"( and remember now -- Farceland/NPFleece's "facts"). Blame has been placed on one man. Not the man responsible for the worst mmo in gaming industry but one man responsible for the best thing about the game in order to pass the buck . Blame arising from everything from cancer to a self-inflicted "ruined life" to global terrorism to now, for gawds sake, communism!! 

Fanciful and farfetched "truths"are arrogant as well as ignorant.

There is no defense to being caught with your pants down. There is no glory . Farceland/NPFleece had not only their pants down but were also caught trying to pull everyone else's down in order to take the whole she-bang down with them. Now, not only did they attempt but these blind and comprehension-free posters are attempting to take the entire ship (now using Pix as a substitute captain) down the gutter hole with them.

It was a bad company. It was a bad game. Pix isnt responsible for that, no matter what fancies you attempt to promote.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Cholayna 
    It was a bad company. It was a bad game. Pix isnt responsible for that, no matter what fancies you attempt to promote.

You forget to mention that Pix was a part of that company

p.s. I wont be around for long, dont wanna upset PiX again

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

Originally posted by IKShadow

You forget to mention that Pix was a part of that company

p.s. I wont be around for long, dont wanna upset PiX again

If I  forgot  to mention that  -- there is a reason ---- Pix left LOOONGGG BEFORE Farceland/NPFleece began their hard-core, deliberate, false, and misleading BS campaign.

and this also answers the question as to why Pix left. Period.

Originally posted by _Pix_

Anyway, glad to see you succeed in calming down a bit (the power of magical intervention). See, BS... vanishes into thin air.

Pix... do me a favor in the future man... next time you feel the need to call on "magical intervention" please try to call on a form of magical intervention that won't give me a warning and delete a half dozen of my posts... Yes, the magical intervention did the same to Solareus, but I think we all knew the guy was a troll. There wasn't any need to nuke the entire thread to prove that.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Farceland/NPFleece had not only their pants down but were also caught trying to pull everyone else's down in order to take the whole she-bang down with them.

I'm calling the analogy police on you, Cholayna!  I'm going to have nightmares dealing with this image.  Especially since it is so totally accurate.

And when you say, "these blind and comprehension-free posters" it makes me smile.

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884

Sorry, double post

Originally posted by Raltar

Originally posted by _Pix_

Pix... do me a favor in the future man... next time you feel the need to call on "magical intervention" please try to call on a form of magical intervention that won't give me a warning and delete a half dozen of my posts... Yes, the magical intervention did the same to Solareus, but I think we all knew the guy was a troll. There wasn't any need to nuke the entire thread to prove that.

Hey! I'm pleading non-guilty!!!

I never prayed for having any of your posts deleted (nor any other poster's posts, and to tell the truth, I tend to consider who-you-know posts are pretty *constructive*, and this is not at all in my best interest to see them vanish into thin air). 

Do know however, if this may be of some kind of comfort to you, that I was able to read your posts ( along with who-you-know's) , so although I feel really sorry, at least I can tell I appreciated, and once again I DID NOT ask for any such "divine intervention"!

I would have to say, watching Jacquet perform his tricks these past 3 years and especially the last two years, there is much more than a simple "wasnt enough evidence"" on both sides for either of them to get anywhere is a bit suspicious in itself.

Looking back over the chronological events and FarcelandNpFleece's manipulations, we already know that he attempted to get funding through the Reunion Island entity there and was it was rejected. However, using the same engine, Mafate, which a bailiff previously had reported that it was in fact using VWORLD technology, they were able to obtain funding in another entity. Top dog areas. With that, does a Judge want to be responsible for a loss of funding to a beneficial entity?

<Mod edit>. When crap hit the fan not only with the game, but also with the funding manipulation he was involved in, his conviction of not only VWORLDS award but the conviction of the other cases against him from former employee(s), as well as his other cases against him coming up in court -- the timing of his move to China is suspiciously close to a slimy sleazy coward.

Then given that the game is if not officially dead, it is in fact dead and therefore they can claim no harm no foul at the present time.

<Mod edit>

I would have to gamble that if VWORLD technology shows up in anything related in the very least to Jacquet, you can bet your bottom dollar VWORLD will have the go-ahead on all sides. I can't imagine really anything going anywhere - especially in the gaming industry - past China for many years to come. US/Eurp markets and regulations simply wont allow it. A suspected stolen technology? What SMART business would deem to even give it a thought?

A proven past history and current mode of operandi lends more to the idea that there was much more than a "no evidence" reason involved. <Mod edit>

<Mod edit>

• AnsgarIsenAnsgarIsen Member Posts: 118

I spare all of us the rest of the specualtions and interpretations my little clarification seems to have induced and only say so much:

I didn't promote anything, - there is nothing left to promote really. All I did was correcting a false statement that was used repeatedly, not more and not less. - Where in my post did you find any sign of promotion?

Promoting np3 or Farlan is about as much of a farce as promoting VWorld...all of it has proven well enough to be a failure and I personally think it's not worth the time invested any more. I rather take care of things that are fun to me than spending more than a casual look at how things evolve.

You wont see me speaking up if not to drop a few lines when people start to form their personal dreams and inventions into alleged facts.

Apart from that I really adore your imgaination and ability to invest so much time in what seems to be a significant part of your life by now. Good luck with the apparently insignificant rest of it ;)

Pix was the founder of the company, how is he not resposnable for the first intail rip off to the fans, to me, without seeing any contracts, pix took the first wave of money and ran with it ...pure speculation but that is the picture I'm getting as of late.

my gawd, can you not understand the chronological order of things? _Pix_ wasnt around when the "first initial rip off to the fans" took place. He left the company loonnnggg before that. _Pix_ didnt take anything, including personal attacks by you.

You keep trying to twist things up to fit your "picture" , ignoring all the facts and dates and anything else that didnt fit with your vision.

I suggest you go back through some of these threads, even this one, or perhaps take a little walk on over to _pix_'s website and read again the chronological order of things. C. Jacquet was the man responsible for the rip-offs, was the man who took the first wave of money and ran with it and lied and misled and was the man responsible for the game itself.

Once again, _Pix_ wasnt even around when Farland (C. Jacquet) began the sleaziest rip-off in mmo history.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by indiramourn

Farceland/NPFleece had not only their pants down but were also caught trying to pull everyone else's down in order to take the whole she-bang down with them.

I'm calling the analogy police on you, Cholayna!  I'm going to have nightmares dealing with this image.  Especially since it is so totally accurate.

And when you say, "these blind and comprehension-free posters" it makes me smile.

I'm now looking to purchase a bone-saw and a brillo pad so I can scrub that image from my brain.