Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Female Characters Get Treated Better?

Comments

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by slask777

Wow, you sure got a twisted world view. Again, the difference is, one of those are illegal, the other are not. I will keep away from flaming this, allthough the temptation is quite huge

I already gave you a perfect example. People who are sexually attracted to animals. You can make a logical fallacy by saying that it's a slippery slope and they will definitely do something illegal, but let's ignore that since it's illogical. Now I think people who are attracted to animals are weird, and I think people who are attracted to video game characters are weird. They aren't exactly the same thing, but why am I uptight just because I have an opinion?

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• slask777slask777 Member Posts: 706
    Originally posted by Aeroangel

Wow, you sure got a twisted world view. Again, the difference is, one of those are illegal, the other are not. I will keep away from flaming this, allthough the temptation is quite huge

I already gave you a perfect example. People who are sexually attracted to animals. You can make a logical fallacy by saying that it's a slippery slope and they will definitely do something illegal, but let's ignore that since it's illogical. Now I think people who are attracted to animals are weird, and I think people who are attracted to video game characters are weird. They aren't exactly the same thing, but why am I uptight just because I have an opinion?

Your not uptight just cause you got an opinion, you are uptight cause you are afraid of sexuality you don't understand. Basically, most men are attracted to the image of sex, or imagery of it and get excited quite quickly. It's no wonder men want to play a female online or in singleplayer games as they most of them are attracted to the female form. As a man myself I understand this basic issue without even thinking about it, but for you it's obviously not so easy.

---
    Grammar nazi's. This one is for you.

Your not uptight just cause you got an opinion, you are uptight cause you are afraid of sexuality you don't understand. Basically, most men are attracted to the image of sex, or imagery of it and get excited quite quickly. It's no wonder men want to play a female online or in singleplayer games as they most of them are attracted to the female form. As a man myself I understand this basic issue without even thinking about it, but for you it's obviously not so easy.

What leads you to think I'm afraid of any type of sexuality, or that because I don't agree with it I don't understand it? Thinking it's weird doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. I think you are trying to fight a nonexistent fight just to hear yourself talk. I'm done reading your horrible grammar and flawed logic.

Playing:
    My Rig:

What leads you to think I'm afraid of any type of sexuality, or that because I don't agree with it I don't understand it? Thinking it's weird doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. I think you are trying to fight a nonexistent fight just to hear yourself talk. I'm done reading your horrible grammar and flawed logic.

Good, I'm done talking with some random idiot here on mmorpg.com...

Ahhh, that felt good.

(oh, an american. That explains everything)

---

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699
    Originally posted by iFroob

I don't belive anyone I see who plays as a girl charater on any mmorpg, as being a girl.
    Cam or your a man.

My wife disagrees.

Anyway, made a Greek etymology joke earlier that resulted in a wiki-search, then the thread seems to be going down the drain.  Apologies for any misunderstandings and hope this thread ghosts soon.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Ahhh, that felt good.

It's stupid to insult Americans, because you're only insulting yourself. Americans are made up of all the nationalities in teh world.

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Ahhh, that felt good.

It's stupid to insult Americans, because you're only insulting yourself. Americans are made up of all the nationalities in teh world.

It's probably best not to feed that troll. 

He'll come back ranting about how all Americans are inbred hicks or something with some insults while totally ignoring your point using logical fallacies and enough atrocious grammar to make your eyes bleed.

Playing:
    My Rig:

How can I insult myself? I don't even like your nation or the inhabitants in it cause of all the shit being done out in the world in your name, and everytime I talk with one of you, my view of you and your country get strengthened. Don't even get me started on all the stuff you done that's wrong, and all the choices you've done been born out of ignorance. I better not when I think about it. This site is owned by americans and their op's own opinions so nah...I'm off this one now.

---

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

How can I insult myself? I don't even like your nation or the inhabitants in it cause of all the shit being done out in the world in your name, and everytime I talk with one of you, my view of you and your country get strengthened. Don't even get me started on all the stuff you done that's wrong, and all the choices you've done been born out of ignorance. I better not when I think about it. This site is owned by americans and their op's own opinions so nah...I'm off this one now.

Because I guarantee you some of your fellow countrymen, born in your country, are now Americans. You may be talking with people born in your own country, and saying you dislike them because they are Americans.

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Because I guarantee you some of your fellow countrymen, born in your country, are now Americans. You may be talking with people born in your own country, and saying you dislike them because they are Americans.

Just stop while you're ahead.

No American is from another country, we are all clone copies of each other, and we all think exactly the same apparently. To say otherwise will only incite the wrath of the all knowing slask777 whose great intelligence comes from the mere fact that he isn't a lowly American.

Playing:
    My Rig:

• saint4Godsaint4God Member Posts: 699

Feel free to hate americans, but please forgive us if we do not hate you back.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Yes, because most of us Americans do the right thing when no one is looking. I always go by the addage " Life liberty and the Pursuit of those that would theraten it " You can take that to the Bank.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215

Be nice to Americans.   Once the Chinese finally buy the rest of the US.    We will become your future gold farmers.

Tfox besides trying to hijack this theard and stir the pot here, go to your local liebary and check out and read the book " Lone Survior " you will find your answer there about americans.

MAGA
  • KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

I've long held that a toon is a toon, then along came TeamSpeak and Ventrilo and with them the ability to determine whether or not a player was male or female. I've found there are so many sexually frustrated males playering online games that they will let female players get away with a great deal just so they can harbor the fantasy of talking with a girl, something that seems to be beyond their ability away from the keyboard.

I was in a few guilds in WoW that were run by female gamers and those gals were getting away with some particularly vile remarks that wouldn't have been tolerated from a male. There are a few areas of discussion imo that should be off limits in general discussion within an organisation such as a guild/corporation/kinship etc... Politics, Religion and Country Bashing. I know there are some areas that you might add or take away from that list based on whether or not you're in a family based guild or adult based one, none of these areas are off limits in a private discussion but in general chat you should do your level best to keep everyone interested in remaining in the group.

Okay so much for the soapbox sorry, the OP asked whether or not females get preferencial treatment and I say that prior to TS and Vent it was a moot point but post TS and Vent I say they absolutely get preferencial treatment. They get to go on more Raids, get group offers more often and for those that try a little too hard, get given items out of the blue on a regular basis. Now some of the gals do play it up a bit and thats quite iritating, but there are some and these are in the minority I might add that just want to be one of the gang and keep things on a professional level as much as is possible in an online game.

• tfox2k1tfox2k1 Member Posts: 215
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Tfox besides trying to hijack this theard and stir the pot here, go to your local liebary and check out and read the book " Lone Survior " you will find your answer there about americans.

Elsa, really you need to use spell check.  I have seen elementary age children with better spelling ability.   BTW:  I looked for Lone Survivor, http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598

Why or so many MMO gamers pathetic at spelling?  Considering a good portion of the MMO genre involves written descriptions.

I'm guessing that is not the book?

That is the book young man, instead of trashing your country, try serving it. Yes i misspelled a couple words but the truth is always understood.

MAGA
  • gom276gom276 Member Posts: 48

Poor america always the whipping boy of the world when thing go wrong but no credit for what we do right.  The most generous nation in the world providing more aid monetary or otherwise to all nations in need.  We provide more civilian volunteers than any other country.  We do more good in the world than most of the rest of the world and yet people can only dwell on what we do wrong.  Yes we are not perfect but I would rather make mistakes trying to do right than to do nothing at all.

Gom276
    Prolific MMO player
    Just can't say no to any mmo

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

Yup, already investigated that. :D A friend of mine left the guild for 2 weeks, and came back later as 'his sister'. He sold his accoutn to his sister, so there was now a female on their territory! Yesh, things sure were interesting.. 'Can you help with something' - 'Sure'. When I asked something 'Not now'. :D

Try it, it's hilarious...

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• ZodiaEclipseZodiaEclipse Member Posts: 100

I've rolled male toons before in games I was just trying out so people would leave me alone. Outside of that I tend to not think about it too much except for a few things that make me roll my eyes;

Guys who play as girls then act like I should have known they were guys. Sorry when I'm playing I just take for granted that people are what they appear to be.  Don't get uppity with me just cause you wanted to have tits on your avatar.

People asking me if I'm a real girl. Why should this matter? Just play the damn game. Seriously, I'm not looking to hook up with you because you tanked for me. Besides, even if I tell you I am how could you know I wasn't screwing with you? In line with this is people who find out I'm a girl then make sweeping generalizations that I must be fat and lonely since I'm playing a game instead of... I dunno getting my nails painted while I model underware or something.

Girl characters who need to make sure everyone knows they are girls or are overly flirty with every guy they meet. Not really any of my business how they play, but I have a hard time taking them seriously. Especially when they brag to me about being a girl. I've got the same parts honey, not impressed.

• SupderDSupderD Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by tfox2k1

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Elsa, really you need to use spell check.  I have seen elementary age children with better spelling ability.   BTW:  I looked for Lone Survivor, http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598

Why or so many MMO gamers pathetic at spelling?  Considering a good portion of the MMO genre involves written descriptions.

I'm guessing that is not the book?

I'm a terrible speller.  I don't know why.  I think it's because I'm better with math..

That.. and it doesn't matter as long as you know what I mean..

"Luckily I know that while you make nonsnese baiting threads that get locked....threads I make get sticked by the mods on this forum...." -imbant (greatest board warrior EVER)
    Darkfall Countdown: http://darkfallreleasedate.com/

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727
    Originally posted by gom276

Poor america always the whipping boy of the world when thing go wrong but no credit for what we do right.  The most generous nation in the world providing more aid monetary or otherwise to all nations in need.  We provide more civilian volunteers than any other country.  We do more good in the world than most of the rest of the world and yet people can only dwell on what we do wrong.  Yes we are not perfect but I would rather make mistakes trying to do right than to do nothing at all.

Nope, that's still the EU. ;) And America's "aid" is usually spreading the religion, which can't be called aid...

BTW; how did this topic go from female players to patriotism? Don't feel like reading 10 pages. :)

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

To answer the Op's question I think it's  subjective but in  my humble opinion yes ,I do treat ladies differently cause I'm  a gentleman and often there toons look cool

Also an MMO to me is an extension of my personality and in RL I can never say no to women :)

Well almost never :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• j.angelj.angel Member Posts: 23

I think this topic has changed the subject ... for the wrong reasons...

why we not discuss the original subject again and leave the differences aside?

sometimes I think that female characters have so ... more advantages than men when it comes to relationships with other players...

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547
    Originally posted by j.angel

I think this topic has changed the subject ... for the wrong reasons...

why we not discuss the original subject again and leave the differences aside?

sometimes I think that female characters have so ... more advantages than men when it comes to relationships with other players...

Sounds interesting ...care to elaborate ? :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "