Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mythic Exit Poll

"The war still rages on but your departure has left a hole in the frontline defenses. Please take a few minutes to tell us why you left."

Got this today from Mythic, weird I get this on the release on WoTLK, but nevertheless I feel I should answer it.

Seeing how I was a Bright Wizard and no where near the frontline defenses, Im assuming they got my toon mixed up with some stray IB who ran off.

How should this exit poll be answered?

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

You can reply:

'I don't like WAR and I want to play WOTLK and than regret it because I'll realise why I quit WoW in the first place, and then I'll make a stupid thread asking people to tell me what I should write.'

O_o o_O

• law90026law90026 Member Posts: 6

The timing sure was interesting, I'll give it that.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

I'd have put: "There was no War and I couldn't plug a hole that big."

• maritpramaritpra Member UncommonPosts: 43

Because WOW pvp requires more skill and it is more fun than WAR.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

Because I had far more fun in Atlantica Online than this pathethic WoW clone.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Every MMO has an exit poll.

Ofcourse if you cancel on the day or around the day WOTLK comes out you actually get the exit poll at this moment.

On almost every MMO I have played I got an exit poll when I canceled my subscription.

Nothing further to say.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

The poll is so in the near future, MJ can spin the numbers "  75% of players who left Warhammer for WOW have now come back during the timeframe we used".     Of course that means he will wait for the 5 minute period where 3 out of 4 people who complete the survey said they were coming back.

My answer was basically

" Warhammer was supposed to be about open world, massive PvP.   Instead it was all about grinding scenarios and occassionally running through the deserted areas that you call pvp lakes only to be disappointed by the lack of other players.    No thank you, if I wanted to grind battlegrounds, I would do that in WOW which has smoother combat mechanisms".

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by maritpra

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

You think something in WoW requires skill? Really? You do? Are you 11 or something? 

DAoC(and by association, WAR) have the best PvP on the market right now. WoW is a PvE game kids. 

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Ofcourse if you cancel on the day or around the day WOTLK comes out you actually get the exit poll at this moment.
    On almost every MMO I have played I got an exit poll when I canceled my subscription.
    Nothing further to say.

Nope.  I got one too, and I cancelled a LONG time ago.  Mine came yesterday.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by SignusM

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

You think something in WoW requires skill? Really? You do? Are you 11 or something? 

DAoC(and by association, WAR) have the best PvP on the market right now. WoW is a PvE game kids. 

Everything requires one level of skill or another. He didn't say it requires skill, he says it requires MORE skill than WAR. He's completely right. Howerever much I dislike arenas, they do magnify personal skill far more than any zergfest scenario ever could. Little skill is needed at all to play WAR, and they purposely made it that easy.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• EveeldourEveeldour Member UncommonPosts: 143

I canceled as well, however I cannot bring myself to play WoW again. Off to Call of Duty ! Pew pew

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

To many doing Senerios, no one doing RvR, over powered Destruction. No incentive to hold or take Keeps, Cheating going on at end game, Having to Pve gear for end game, Order charcters not very eye appealing and underpowered. That was my responce.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Are you 11 or something?  Exactly what level of skill does WAR require that other MMOs (WoW included) doesn't?

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Deathstrike2

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Are you 11 or something?  Exactly what level of skill does WAR require that other MMOs (WoW included) doesn't?

Actually, WAR is even less challenging than WOW. like for 3 year old toddlers.

• DarcknyghtDarcknyght Member Posts: 127

Tell them because your game lacks a fun factor. No voice acting quests, no quest lines that actually are fun to play, nothing nothing nothing in the damn game worth playing for after a month.

My warhammer account description

Subscription Ends: 3 days

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

How sad to think a 7 year old game was OMG THE BEST PVP EVER! Then War a game that makes WOW hard to play. This has already be said tons of times on VN boards a very easy search.

No daoc was not the best its just how YOU feel. Some of us where there so careful. As for WOW and having what 11million plus.. I dont think YOUR word counts for anything. Its no different than you saying "hey Windows SUX! its only for kids! Amiga was the best OS ever!" Yeah I bet that would really make Bill G cry. Just showing you how small we really are.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

'I don't like WAR and I want to play WOTLK and than regret it because I'll realise why I quit WoW in the first place, and then I'll make a stupid thread asking people to tell me what I should write.'

This would be a good response. The problem is, if you click on my signature, I don't actually HAVE WoTLK. I do not plan on buying WoTLK at this time either. I am happy with Fallout3, tyvm. Heck, I don't even have WoW on my rig lol.

But after thinking about it, maybe a good reply might have been,

"WAR? There was an actual WAR in there? Please renew my subscription and include a map as to where I could actually FIND it."

"Well, I was on the way to the war but I got lost in a Scenario, along with a buncha other warriors."

"Left the frontlines??? I didn't leave! I dinged 41 and now I'm a 1-hit point chicken! Please help me!!! GAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

"I'm still on my way to the WAR now. Im a Bright Wizard and I keep tripping over this damn robe!"

"Missing? Im still on the frontlines. All the Destruction players ran away from my Bright Wizard overpoweredness."

"I showed up, but apparantly the enemy has migrated to other servers. Please locate them and give me a free "character transfer. I was on the wrong continent!!!"

"Ok, see.. Im coming to the War, but this crafting in-game is so damn compelling and complex, I just can't stop making dyes!"

"My wizard slippers wore out all the shoe leather looking for Destruction people, and I'm waiting for them to come back from the town cobbler." (P.S. The cobbler heard a rumor from a friend of a friend who's cousin heard from a guy theres a war somewhere in the next county. He's gonna draw me a map."

"I went to the PvP lakes, and there was so little fighting, that even the fish weren't scared to crawl out of the water and suntan on the shore."

And the number one reason is:

"The fat bearded guy overhyped the amount of WAR all the time in publicity and being everywhere."

Yeah, probably the last one :)

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Ofcourse if you cancel on the day or around the day WOTLK comes out you actually get the exit poll at this moment.

Hey senor, I bought on release date. I cancelled after the 4th week. Played til it ran out trying to see if it got better.

Please count uno, dos, tres and more weeks and see that I was WAY cancelled. They sent this YESTERDAY.

Mythic is feeling a pinch, not me. I think your crazy icon smiley actually belongs to them for waiting so long to check on a cancelled subscription. lmao

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Nothing further to say.

In this case you are wrong, <wipes smug smile from your face>. Know your facts before you bully ppl.

Nothing further to say.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by nikoliath

Nothing further to say.

In this case you are wrong, <wipes smug smile from your face>. Know your facts before you bully ppl.

Nothing further to say.

So being smug while slinging baseless comments cancels out other smug baseless comments?  No, I'm not going to do any <forum interpretive action typing> to prove my baseless point.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• maritpramaritpra Member UncommonPosts: 43

Abrahmm was right, he mentioned about arena that i forgot to mention. I love arena, it's fair fight 2vs2 3vs3 or 5vs5, most of the time u fight ppl with same ranking or close. It's just skill and skill and skill.

• MrListerSirMrListerSir Member Posts: 99

I love arena, it's fair fight 2vs2 3vs3 or 5vs5, most of the time u fight ppl with same ranking or close. It's just skill and skill and skill.

ROFL, nuff said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I can see your epitaph now, on the day you expire. It will read "Wasted Potential".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Don't you dare try to lot DAoC in with WAR. WAR has NOTHING on the greatness of DAoC and it's idiots like you that make me want to grab a gun and go DC some people. Just because Mythic made a really great game in the past doesn't mean everything they touch will be good. Mythic took a look at all the good stuff from DAoC and then said to themselves, "Uhh, well WoW isn't that complex so we won't do that. Let's dumb it down."

This is seen in the freaking limited number of pads in specific positions for siege weapons. In a TERRIBLE crafting system a half-dead, crack addicted reese's monkey could have come up with. In the sluggish, often-times awkward combat system and cookie-cutter classes that show zero imagination. When I was playing WAR ( I quit a week ago) I routinely ran into stuff that made me go, "These are the same guys that made DAoC??".

Where are the little hidden rocks for stealthers to climb up on keeps? Why are the siege weapons limited to specific places and THEN can't even be moved?!? Why does the crafting system SUCK so bad? Where are my relics or ANY -REAL- reason to -WANT- to capture a keep? Where is my massive, open RvR action?

I'll tell you where all that stuff is; Mark Jacobs' ego ate all of the good ideas. Mythic went down the wrong path for WAR and they still seem to not see that. If in a month's time the game isn't put back on track and/or M. Jacobs doesn't make a public apology for the state of the game then that will be the end of WAR.

And no, I wasn't expecting WoW-like success (11million scrips in a few months is a ridiculous expectation to begin wtih). I even saw this coming back when I was in CB and then OB but I just blinded myself to the truth. Mythic promised to make a fantastic pvp-oriented game when what they churned out is a slightly more pvp focused game than WoW with less than half the rest of content WoW has. Yeah I know that WoW has had 4+years over WAR, but so what? I would have been happy if Mythic had even finished the content that they -did- put in the game, 98% bug free. However, they didn't and why should anyone put up with an "unfinished product"?

Let me clarify that last bit real fast: By un-finished I mean that (as I said) that they content that Mythic aimed to have in the game was NOT even fully complete and polished. MMO's are a continuous work in progress, but when did it become industry standard to say your game will have x, y, and z features at release and then not even completely finish them? What happened to pride in your product over greed? What happened to accountability over accountants (figures)?

• rafmeisterrafmeister Member Posts: 69

heh was just about to post about this. I canceled more than a month ago and just got this yesterday.

The really dumb thing was there is not section for comments and none of the reasons they had listed as reasons for leaving the game were why I left. If they had really wanted to know they would have put in a comments section.

1. No death penalty

2. PVE that makes WOW PVE look like EQ1

3. Two different games one  for those who play during prime time playing hours and one for those who played on low pop servers or durring non-peak playing hours. Neither very good.

4. no real amount of RVR PVP only scenario PVP.

5 ultra linearity  and to much cookie cutter copy and paste work.

• lapommelapomme Member Posts: 270

Reply with this:

"Don't give us bullshit theme park kiddy MMO's and bring back the only MMO that could still be worth a shit these days (with a couple of exceptions) with releasing DAoC Origins."

That's a long sentence.