Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wondering if i should return

MaveinMavein Member UncommonPosts: 13

Hi, i dont know all that much about wow anymore, i left right after BC was put out.

My characters are lvl 65ish and i love pvp, i never did any raiding but id like to.

I left because of the insane premade groups in full raid gear destroying pug groups and farming honor from them, but i heard that was changed. i also left because of the of the addon's that were quicker than me, so battleing addons and insane gear, was pointless and frusterating.

So my question is, as a solo causal player, could i get decent pvp gear, and have some fun in games against similar geared people without needing to raid hardcore or be in a premade pvp group?

Comments

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501
    Originally posted by Mavein

Hi, i dont know all that much about wow anymore, i left right after BC was put out.
    My characters are lvl 65ish and i love pvp, i never did any raiding but id like to.

I left because of the insane premade groups in full raid gear destroying pug groups and farming honor from them, but i heard that was changed. i also left because of the of the addon's that were quicker than me, so battleing addons and insane gear, was pointless and frusterating.

So my question is, as a solo causal player, could i get decent pvp gear, and have some fun in games against similar geared people without needing to raid hardcore or be in a premade pvp group?

To be honest people can AFK their way to full epic PvP... so even casual the answer is yes.... Long answer is that the quality of the game has been slipping for a good deal of time now and it seems that as of the last 2 weeks the game has been unplayable by many for long stretches. So that I'll leave to you.

• KalTheoKalTheo Member UncommonPosts: 65

If  you're honestly considering it, but don't have a lvl 70 you like, you could always be one of the masses to roll a Death Knight.  (Starting at 55 means you'd be up to outland again soon, and not have to repeat large segments of things you're bored with.)

I kicked the WoW habit this year, & have zero intention of picking up WotLK.

• 1badjedi1badjedi Member Posts: 41

All the best pvp gear comes from arenas and that is not all that casual.

Originally posted by KalTheo

If  you're honestly considering it, but don't have a lvl 70 you like, you could always be one of the masses to roll a Death Knight.  (Starting at 55 means you'd be up to outland again soon, and not have to repeat large segments of things you're bored with.)

You have to have a level 70 already to roll a deathknight.

• NeosaiNeosai Member Posts: 401

You sure you played WoW before?  WoW is the very definition of easy gaming.

I mean that in both good and bad ways too.

• trepotrepo Member Posts: 119

As a solo casual player, why do you bother in the MMO world ?

I'd play counter strike, elder scroll, diablo or something like this.

trepo

• MaveinMavein Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by 1badjedi

Thats what i was looking for, thanks

Originally posted by 1badjedi

Thats what i was looking for, thanks

Depends on your idea of casual... 10 arena games a week will net you about 250pts if you stick at around 1500 rating which even someone freshly dinged 70 should be able to do. Now if you like PvP and get your season gear you can rise through the ranks with a decent team and get hundreds more points a week to spend on arena gear... so its a matter of perspective.

Casual i mean i play about 4 hours a day, never at a specific time so getting organized would be hard.

Arena starts at lvl 70 does it? Do the points diminish every week like the old honor system? Not sure how that arean points system works. I thought i did a couple arena games at lvl 60, but cant recall forsure.

• KalTheoKalTheo Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by Manmadegod

Originally posted by KalTheo

You have to have a level 70 already to roll a deathknight.

You need a lvl 55 character on your account...  I highly doubt that's changed.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Casual i mean i play about 4 hours a day, never at a specific time so getting organized would be hard.

Arena starts at lvl 70 does it? Do the points diminish every week like the old honor system? Not sure how that arean points system works. I thought i did a couple arena games at lvl 60, but cant recall forsure.

It's nothing like the old honor system. Basically they use a ladder system, where teams compete and are assigned a "rank" based on their wins/losses vs other ranked teams. You receive points each week based on your current rank, as long as you played at least 10 games that week.

It's an extremely casual-friendly system, if you like that sort of thing. Personally I liked the larger Battlegrounds better, even with the AFKers.

oh i love alterac valley, its the main reason i want to come back. Im playing WAR at the moment and its just not doing it for me, i miss WSG,AB and AV alot. I have the lvl 60 epic set for my characters, and when i left i was max rep with av, ab, and wsg, so i had unlocked all the epic pvp that was available to me.

Arena starts for points at level 70 and points do not diminish any longer.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

You should be ok. I know there are going to be some level 80s running around with some purple gear by at least this weekend.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176

Had this been a PVP expanison i might of considered it but its going to be like TBC about 2 weeks of exploring then back to the same lame graphics, monotonous storyline that i did 100 times over questing alts. Bottom line if the PVP is second rate i'm no interested no matter what the title.