Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One quick question

I have a level 38 main pally and he has skinning and mining but i want to do some crafting mainly blacksmithing. I was going to make an alt to do my crafting but i asked around and people say its a waste of time to have a bunch of alts to do the crafting for you. I just want to know now if it would be worth it to just dump skinning and do blacksmithing and gold is really not an issue for me. I would be doing bs for my character''s gear not for money.

Comments

• ManmadegodManmadegod Member Posts: 501

Blacksmithing is useful for high end more or less only. At your level, anything that you can make is inferior to any dungeon that drops loot for your level. This makes the skill a resource waste until you hit level 70 or 80 and can make the end game epic pattern items.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

The thing with the crafting professions is that 99% of that stuff is tradeable until you get to max level, when there are a few epic BoP patterns you can get. If money is not an issue, just buy the gear you need and stick with what you've got. If you are picking up Blacksmithing to anticipate reaching max level, then don't worry about it, because the raid gear is usually better than the crafted stuff anyways (with a few exceptions).

In other words, do the professions you want to do and not the ones you think will be useful. They are ALL useful in one way or another.

• earthhawkearthhawk Member Posts: 247

If you do BS it should be on your character that will use the items, as most of the end game equipment you'll make is Bind on Pickup. For a paladin I strongly suggest Jewel Crafting; the endgame items are useful for every spec.

• Syyth007Syyth007 Member Posts: 250

I recently resubbed, and started a new gang of alts on a new server..  ATM, my main has mining and herbalism, while I have an alt that has inscription and enchanting.  After three weeks, I have made a small fortune from gathering/inscription.  My "main" alt is level 25 and he has 170 gold already, after I fully geared him up with some decent greens, with a few blues.. He's not a twink, but I'm off to a good start.  If you're just starting off, I'd suggest grabbing two gathering professions to build up a nice bank roll.. When you get to a higher level, you can always drop them to grab a crafting profession that you can level up easily when you have the cash to properly support it.