Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Officially Unofficial Wotlk launch thread!

Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Anyone ever get the feeling that mentioning WoW in a positive light around here is a bit like turning up to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting with a keg of beer?

I'm under no illusion that WoW is hated by approximately ~75% of the posters on this site, and that mere mention of its name is tantamount to heresy. But I feel that the deranged, deluded and obviously pre-pubescant among us that ... *gasp* ... actually like this game for whatever illogical reason should have our own thread to celebrate the incoming expansion.

I feel for you folks in the U S of A who are having server problems, but hang in there guys. I'm sure it'll be sorted in time. In the meantime, why not let us know what you plan on doing when you finally set foot in Northrend. Roll a DK? Start exploring the frozen north, or finally get that Title that is hanging on that ONE Northrend quest.

Undoubtedly this thread will eventually descend into a twisted flamefest of burning hatred and bile, but until it does, let the village idiots among us rejoice in anticipation of our grindtastic-ezmode- cartoony-inbalanced-lore killing-teenager riddled-80% asian and goldfarmer populated-noobathon!!!!

Can't wait.

P.S: Bets for the first negative WoW comment? I'm guessing 3rd reply...

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

The reason alot of folks say they hate or lean that away here is because of there sucess and continued sucess and is looked at as the mmo standard leader.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

all the new areas are going to be crammed -- regardless of whether you roll a DK or go to Northrend

me?  I'm going to bypass the intial questing (unless its not too crowded - HA)

and find some questing deeper in the WOTLK zones

or I may just wait a week and level other alts I have in Outlands

- all depends how miserably packed the starting quest zones are

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I think coming back to WoW last week was a perfect time to get really excited about the game again.

I started leveling a druid just for fun, but now I want to make it my main.  So I have to decide whether I should grab one of my 70s and explore Northrend when wotlk is released, or keep on leveling my druid who is currently only level 15.

Im also considering rolling a death knight, but only if they are a viable tanking class.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Hate (or any emotion) implies emotional attachment. Too strong to be used when referring to games, no matter how involving they can be.

My ever curios self will be checking this expansion for sure.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532

already resubscribed and anxiously awaiting WOTLK!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I remember Day 1 of TBC where Hellfire was a crowded lagfest and the starter zones for the new races where just as bad... I tried to play for 30mins and gave up. As I'm not subscribing to WoW at the moment I'll proablably leave it until next year before I purchase the WotLK. I've decided to try LotRO for a bit as WAR was disappointing.

• ZsavoozZsavooz Member Posts: 532
    Originally posted by mbd1968

I remember Day 1 of TBC where Hellfire was a crowded lagfest and the starter zones for the new races where just as bad... I tried to play for 30mins and gave up. As I'm not subscribing to WoW at the moment I'll proablably leave it until next year before I purchase the WotLK. I've decided to try LotRO for a bit as WAR was disappointing.

I'm actually getting both LOTRO and WOTLK. Hopefully I'll be able to manage both simultaneously.