Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Walking in Stations Presentation

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Walking in Stations PresentationMMORPG.com attended this year's EVE Online FanFest. While there, we reported on a presentation given to us by the game's Senior Producer, Torfi Frans Olafsson about the upcoming walking in Stations feature for EVE Online, due some time in 2009. Today, we present you with the full video.

Watch the presentation EVE Online Walking in Stations Presentation

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Your links broken Stradden.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• m3tam3ta Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by BaronJuJu

Your links broken Stradden.

Indeed, a small .jpg is not much of a "video presentation".

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The links take some time to update. Come back in 5-10 minutes and it should be ok.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Meh, 40 minutes of talking and 5 screenshots. I was hoping for some gameplay, but some other time.

• SouvecSouvec Member UncommonPosts: 698

Was a little disappointed to not see anything other than a folder with some screenshots.  "Sounds" good from what was said, just would have liked to "See" something a little more concrete.

Maybe next time?

• AlloughNAlloughN Member Posts: 168

I thought this was the next time, again...

• StarbearStarbear Member Posts: 37

Honestly I'm rather excited about WiS, personaly not having a centeral avatar has kept me from commiting to EVE long term but with it on the horizon I've decided to give it another go. Personaly EVE has a very tought learning curve but so did StarQuest Online and I love that game. What makes me excited is the social aspects of WiS, the truth is I consider myself an RPer and I always had a lot of trouble finding ways and people to RP with in EVE since in reality all you were was a ship, but WiS will change that (I hope).

• checkthis500checkthis500 Member Posts: 1,236
    Originally posted by Starbear

Honestly I'm rather excited about WiS, personaly not having a centeral avatar has kept me from commiting to EVE long term but with it on the horizon I've decided to give it another go. Personaly EVE has a very tought learning curve but so did StarQuest Online and I love that game. What makes me excited is the social aspects of WiS, the truth is I consider myself an RPer and I always had a lot of trouble finding ways and people to RP with in EVE since in reality all you were was a ship, but WiS will change that (I hope).

I would think that a true RPer would be able to RP a pilot in a ship.  I mean if you can't expand your imagination far enough to imagine you're in the ship you're seeing, are you really a true RPer? 

True RPers only need a pencil and paper, and sometimes not even that much.

---------------------------------------------
    I live to fight, and fight to live.