Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 25+ always giving up :((

Comments

• tetammothtetammoth Member Posts: 108

my problem is that i wanted to do PvP/RvR but after 10pm there are less and less players and scenarios are rare and rvr is not happeing anymore.

PvE is horrible in this game, i feel so bored when killing 10 mobs X then another 10 mobs Z then running back to Quest giver and and and. Thats just to old and boring. The PvE rewards are laughable at best. I also lost the will to fight against computer generated enemies. They feel lifeless and dull.

PvP is the only real fun left for me after playing every possible mmorpg since 1998. and yes my 1st was EQ and i love it, i could cry whenever i remember the great days i had there, never mind if raiding in the planes or just farming Frost Giants. I still love EQ1 , its the best for all times.

Anarchy Online comes very close and so does DAOC.  Also in WoW i had some magical moments that i wont forget.

But the newer games like AoC, LotrO and sadly Warhammer have no magic, no mystic . they are cold worlds. I log in and i dont get the special feeling i expect from fantasy games.

Even when i log into good old Anarchy Online i get the feeling i entered another world, still, but i am burnedout a bit after playing it so long.

The developers of the new games are doing something wrong, i cant exactly explain what it is, but it has something to do with special emotions that players get when playing the games.

(no native english, forgive me)

EDIT: I forgot to add City Of Heroes/Villains to my most loved games :))

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

To rave,
    I see where you are coming from and you should know you can't solo warhammer to level 40 and get the same end results as a person that grouped to level 40.
    If you SOLO Warhammer, you will be a unhappy camper, mmorpg can be played either way now, but MOST of these new players like to take the SOLO route and wonder what went wrong as stated in my last reply.
    If we are jumping the talk to Warhammer, well you cant take a battlekeep by yourself, you cannot solo Heroe's in WAR, you cannot finish PQ's in WAR unless you just want the INFLUENCE rewards. You cant do dungeons in WAR unless you want to PUG, which alot of people despise now.
    The game mechanics can contribute to players on why they feel this way, but it is the way they chose to play it.
    1. Most dont want to be in a guild.
    2. Some only have time for about 1 to 4 hours a  week of gameplay an expect if they subbed for a month, they should be at the same par as someone that has been religiously playing everyday.
    A game is only as good as much time you put into it. People today want to be at level capped and raiding dungeons within a week. They dont stop and smell the roses anymore.
    If GAMESHARK existed on a PC and worked for MMORPG's. It would be the best selling item.

I think you're wrong here.  I played in a guild about 20 hours per week and got bored real quick.   I think a lot of others who spent that amount of time playing are complaining as well.  Kudos to you for still finding some enjoyment in the game: enjoy it while you can because when it ends (and it will, trust me), you will be saying the exact same thing we're saying.

The game is boring; it gets boring real quick and the stale nature of the whole game comes through.

I'm a long time MMO player.  I started back when UO came out.  I don't think the problem with the genre is the players; it's the designers.

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

Sadly I have three characters in the upper 20s as well and just stopped my subscription earlier today. Will wait and see what 1.05 and 1.1 brings.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I've read a few threads like this today and I've been thinking about what is wrong with the game and it finallyt came to me while I was watching tv as I didn't feel like playing. Simply put, the game lacks depth. It's enjoyable at the start as part of the gameplay are either new or done differently to other games that it's a breath of fresh air.

Unfortunately, if you ry a few other classes and repeat the same things in different zones or faction you begin to realize it's just repetition with different skins. I loved the PQs at the start but due to the lack of player it comes down to "God, I've got to grind a crap load of stage 1's again for influence..." until it finally comes to you... Why am I doing this when I'm not having fun anymore...  The quests aren't structure well either, you grab the first load and go to complete them and when you hand them in you find out that the second stage of each quest is where you've just been to do the first stage from another quest giver... running from one end of a zone to teh otehr constantly is completely pointless, as a Project Manager it just makes me think why the fuck can't these NPCs plan there shit a bit better, they're gonna be at war for a hell of a long time if they don't... I wonder if the Dark Elf High Command is in need of omy services... they only have 6 days to make there mind up as I too decided to cancel my subscription tonight. I'm going to try LotRO for a while.

Good luck to all who continue, I'll come back next year to see how things are progressing...

• MoodahMoodah Member Posts: 181

I don't think the problem is just war or the players, its the problem of the entire genre where developers are just unable to think outside of the box and each generation of games every couple of years does not bring anything fundamentaly new, except minor tweaks.

Gamers do not want to do the same thing over and over again, and sooner or later comes a critical treshold where they just don't want to do it anymore. I leveled my anarchy char to 220, I left my WoW char at 70, why the hell whould I want to go through the exactly same process again with a different skin.

The process HAS to change enough so that it feels different and in current wave of MMOs it just does not. Instead becoming deeper and deeper and offering more and more options, they are becoming more and more shallow with less and less options. WoW is not to blame for it, because wow does very good what it is supposed to do. Companies and developers with unreasonable thinking that if they offer what wow offers with some minor tweaks is going to guarantee the success are to blame.

Why would anyone in their right mind after lets say maxing a char in a couple of previous generations of games, lets say EQ, AO, WoW etc, go through the exactly same process in a new game - there is no logic behind it. The expirience of the new game has to be fresh for you to do it and that is the fundamental reason people are becoming boring and dumping the new MMOs faster and faster.

It's the "been there - done that" feeling.

It's just mind boggling how the developers are just plain unable to process that fact.

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64

I got a level 24 Sorc, and pretty much getting more and more bored with the game, each passing day.

T3 Pretty much suck's, especially on a Open RvR server, IMO. 

The community in this game sucks. I should actually say what community!?? Getting people to do ORvR never happens. Every jackass seems more worried to grind scenarios and get to 40 as soon as possible.

I rather take my time and explore the world, do some ORvR... where the fun is.

Oh well, Just wish my friends wanted to quit. It make it so much easier for me to say goodbye to this game.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398

This is what happen when you design a grinding-instanced-pvp-game and forget the "MMORPG" part.

There really is no incentive to "explore" the world, which is just a theme park designed to make you lvl. it has no soul, no point, it's ugly, and the repetitivness of the landscape and mobs is just depressing.

This game is merely Counter Strike with levels, with class imbalance added.

I laugh at MJ who argue that WoW opened the door to the masses; WoW was a quality MMO with a well- crafted world and interesting PvE. They say that WoW is simple and they need to make simple games to cater to the casual player; WoW is not simple, in fact, it's ten times much harder than WAR, and instead of forcing teamwork on the player by intentionnally gimping all classes, it promotes it.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398
    Originally posted by grimal
    I don't think the problem with the genre is the players; it's the designers.

QFT.

I just wish they would stop with the "players want simple games they can log in for 1 hour and accomplish things" crap that WoW supposedly promoted when compared to its spiritual ancestor EQ.

Sure you could solo-quest for short periods of time in WoW, but at least the world was immersive and interesting.

Players want challenge, fun, and feel their skill helped them accomplish things. In the MMORPG genre, they also want to feel immersed in a credible alternate reality.

Give us a dynamic combat system like God of War and an AI at least equal to that of FPS bots, in an immersive world like Azeroth or Norrath. THAT is what players want today.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392
    Originally posted by Flarinstar

Yea I decided in the beta that the game wouldn't be able to keep my interest long. Therefore, I never bought the retail version. My hopes now is for Warhammer to fail. NOT out of spite for the game. Actually I hope Mythic atleast breaks even or makes a bit of money off it before it fails. If it does fail im hoping they will finally see what their players want and give us back oldschool DAoC either in the form of a new server with old play. Or a total reworked DAoC 2 with everything we loved. WAR just isn't cutting it, so hopefully in its failure EA Mythic will learn a lesson but also acquire the resources to take the next step.

Let Funcom fail... Let Mythic fail... Let SoE fail... Let NcSoft fail..

Do you guys realize that soon you will be left with Blizzard, and will need to eat what is given to you from their plate? Not every developer has the funds of Blizzard, and you want them to die, giving out no competition.

Kudos to you... most of the young people do not realize what a competition means for the consumer at all. Hell, even most adults do not understand it.

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558
    Originally posted by Xtort

Yea I decided in the beta that the game wouldn't be able to keep my interest long. Therefore, I never bought the retail version. My hopes now is for Warhammer to fail. NOT out of spite for the game. Actually I hope Mythic atleast breaks even or makes a bit of money off it before it fails. If it does fail im hoping they will finally see what their players want and give us back oldschool DAoC either in the form of a new server with old play. Or a total reworked DAoC 2 with everything we loved. WAR just isn't cutting it, so hopefully in its failure EA Mythic will learn a lesson but also acquire the resources to take the next step.

Do you guys realize that soon you will be left with Blizzard, and will need to eat what is given to you from their plate? Not every developer has the funds of Blizzard, and you want them to die, giving out no competition.

Kudos to you... most of the young people do not realize what a competition means for the consumer at all. Hell, even most adults do not understand it.

That seems overly dramatic.  IF (a big if) blizzard is the last company left, that leaves the market open to a smarter company to come along a shake up the market.  Opportunity!

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392
    Originally posted by FreddyNoNose

That seems overly dramatic.  IF (a big if) is the last company left, that leaves the market open to a smarter company to come along a shake up the market.  Opportunity!

So Microsoft is giving oppotunities to other OS developers? There is the Linux, although far superior it's not very common.

Competition improves any products. That's rule number 1 for consumers. If you don't understand this fact and always blame the producers, you will be left with a few products with no innovations.

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

I hit a wall at about 28, and stopped playing for like 5 days once I hit 31 then managed to push my way to 40,but after 28 I really had to push myself to log on and try to find something fun to do, the game at level 40 gets old really fast. bastion stairs helped me stay with it when rvr wasn't going on, but warpblade's lockout timer was too long. crafting was simple and worthless so that got old quickly. I think the only reason I managed to get to 40 really way 32-36 I actually leveled with a group of people at the spider camp, until they "fixed" it. also 38-40 I did with a group aswell.

I quit about a week ago.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

That seems overly dramatic.  IF (a big if) blizzard is the last company left, that leaves the market open to a smarter company to come along a shake up the market.  Opportunity!

Wrong ! you can't just shake up the market ,it does not happen that way ,i am sorry.People do NOT just say ,hey i spent 3 years to get 3 maxxed out players ,i want to throw that away because some new game is shaking up the market,nope it won't happen.

Since WOW has the majority of MMO players ,more so than all the other games put together,it would take something by blizzard to piss off there player base,enough so that players started leaving in drones,then many will follow.It would be at THAT time ,that a new game would have to hit the shelves,that it could grab a LARGE share of the market.It would most likely also be around Christmas time ,when there is the most game sales.

I do not see that happening this Christmas as BLIZZARD conveniently is releasing an expansion pack .Do i see it next year at this time?Probably not,maybe 2 years from now ,when We have a new windows and maybe a much more stable platform for making newer games.WOW's graphics are already dated and by another 2 years may well have outworn there welcome.

I have pretty much already stated that SQUARE ENIX will make the next great MMORPG.no doubt in my mind,that may be 3 years away.SOE will of course always be churning out games,that is what they do and they are decent at doing it.Blizzard will still be re hashing diablo and maybe Starcraft 3 lol.The only other possiblility is some giant NOT from the MMORPG genre to come along ,someone like ID games or GT interactive,developers from other genres.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ruffandreadyruffandready Member Posts: 4

I cannot believe all the " I cancelled" posts in this thread. You mean to tell me all those that left the game because they thought it was too boring  are  surfing through  forums of a game they quit?

I'm willing to bet, 90% of  you never even played the game,and are most likely blizzard employees.

So you guys all left a boring game and think it's more exciting to browse through warhammer forums rather than playing  WOW or whatever games you think is better?  Sounds like you think all games are boring, in fact you people are boring.

You don't want to play warhammer, fine, then don't play it, why you think you need to tell people that,unless there's a hidden agenda like turning people away from the competition.

WOW has a huge population,that is maxed out in levels and gear,and STILL the pvp sucks bad,and it's not going to get better.On the other hand warhammer  has a very good chance to improve on what is already a good game.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I think people post more in this forum for people like you, 1 post wonders who are looking for discussion on what is fun and what is not. Not to monopolize a conversation with "its all War all the time!" which is a marketing hype and far from the truth.

People come here to hear BOTH sides of a discussion. Not just someone's rosy assessment, someone's flame or someone like you who don't have anything to add at all.

• silveradondsilveradond Member Posts: 40

I cancelled, and am playing very lightly till the end comes.

Im not here cause im bored, im here looking at other players views, and will continue to look here for signs of the game improving.

I find that reading about problems in a game is more enjoyable than playing the game, and i find that VERY DISTURBING.  i hate myself :(

• PangaeaPangaea Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by ruffandready

I cannot believe all the " I cancelled" posts in this thread. You mean to tell me all those that left the game because they thought it was too boring  are  surfing through  forums of a game they quit? (Yes cause I really wanted ot like this game and read others opinions of it)
      I'm willing to bet, 90% of  you never even played the game,and are most likely blizzard employees. (now you are being a blind fanboi; I can tell by the reasons people are explaining why they left that they played the game. just because the game IS boring after level 25 or so doesn't mean they are employees of blizz)
      So you guys all left a boring game and think it's more exciting to browse through warhammer forums rather than playing  WOW or whatever games you think is better?  Sounds like you think all games are boring, in fact you people are boring. (no. its cause alot of people on these forums dont' PLAY 24/7 they actually do other things like surf the web, surf the web at work where they can't play games.. like I am right now.. dude.. you are rediculous)
      You don't want to play warhammer, fine, then don't play it, why you think you need to tell people that,unless there's a hidden agenda like turning people away from the competition. (this is a forums, a place for people to give, and get advice along with take and leave opinions on a game. What did you think forums we for mostly? to clap and sing songs about clouds?)
       WOW has a huge population,that is maxed out in levels and gear,and STILL the pvp sucks bad,and it's not going to get better.On the other hand warhammer  has a very good chance to improve on what is already a good game.  (ok..look. PVP doesn't SUCK in WoW as much as you would think..it is imbalanced and several classes are usless BUT I can admit that people will like it better than WAR's PVP cause there is REWARD from it. Arena points, Honor. And to be honest there is a LURe for peopel to grind PVP.. it isn't for me .but they are also adding keep sieges, vehicles and multi passenger mounts for warfare, and you are saying this can't get better?) 

Dude you are stretching.. you must be a MYTHIC employee.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Wrong ! you can't just shake up the market ,it does not happen that way ,i am sorry.People do NOT just say ,hey i spent 3 years to get 3 maxxed out players ,i want to throw that away because some new game is shaking up the market,nope it won't happen.

Since WOW has the majority of MMO players ,more so than all the other games put together,it would take something by blizzard to piss off there player base,enough so that players started leaving in drones,then many will follow.It would be at THAT time ,that a new game would have to hit the shelves,that it could grab a LARGE share of the market.It would most likely also be around Christmas time ,when there is the most game sales.

I do not see that happening this Christmas as BLIZZARD conveniently is releasing an expansion pack .Do i see it next year at this time?Probably not,maybe 2 years from now ,when We have a new windows and maybe a much more stable platform for making newer games.WOW's graphics are already dated and by another 2 years may well have outworn there welcome.

I have pretty much already stated that SQUARE ENIX will make the next great MMORPG.no doubt in my mind,that may be 3 years away.SOE will of course always be churning out games,that is what they do and they are decent at doing it.Blizzard will still be re hashing diablo and maybe Starcraft 3 lol.The only other possiblility is some giant NOT from the MMORPG genre to come along ,someone like ID games or GT interactive,developers from other genres.

If people would never give up their old games/characters, then we would all still be playing Ultima and Everquest.

You know, there were plenty of people who walked away from the EQ characters to play WOW/EQ2 when they first launched.

There were plenty of people who walked away from their UO character to play EQ when it first launched.

All of those games did their own shaking of the market during their releases.

There are plenty of people who will try a new game and give up their old characters..... IF the new game is worth giving up what they already have.  That is the problem, no one is even trying to make a better alternative. 

note to xtort: I think plenty of people understand that competition breeds better products, but those other companies at least have to try to compete or they will fail by their own doing.  People should not be loyal to a company that delivers faulty products just so there is someone to compete with the company that is making high quality products.  That line of thinking is completely backwards.  I think it is fairly clear now that big conglomorate game makers with giant IP's are not the path to better MMOs right now.  They all lack the passion to make fun games and just want to make marketable products. 

It will take something creative from perhaps 38 studios or some other unrestricted group to break new ground and show that getting a large portion of the MMO market is possible without churning out the same old same old.

• TransactorTransactor Member Posts: 52

Couldnt have said it better myself, the haters dont realize its great to have competition in the market. For someone to say to any mmo game, I hope it dies it just plain idiotic.

Diversity in the mmorpgs is what we need so that lazy corporate basterds keep alert. Once another mmorpg starts digging into their pockets, shit starts really happen in their game to keep subscribers. So yeah, thank god for competition.

Look how long EQ, Asherons Call, UO, Eve Online and even AO been in the market. It shows you dont have to have 11 million subscribers to be successful. But people that want to debate that a mmo has to have 11 million subs to be successful are blinded fanboys themselves to that particular game.

I am in no way smack talking WoW in fact I enjoy WoW when I get the itch, its just the idiots that post shit about shit.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

I`m a level 35 WP and I do find the PvE boring .Mythic advertised their game as thus"don`t worry if you don't have 3 hrs to spend you can achieve things in 30 mins".I doubt that Mr Mythic,due to the insanely quick respawn rate it's impossible for me to do some simple quests solo...Thank you.

I`m bored of running 30-45 mins to have 15 mins ORVR.I have been in Praag for almost a week and not once have i seen a Destro player but as soon as I click on Scenario...Serpent Passage pops up the next minute.

The main flaw of WAR is it's oversimplification and I think that Mythic has spent too much time thinking about WoW instead of thinking doing a better DAOC.

I'll cancell my sub and I`ll wait till the game become what it was meant to be... an RvR game.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• sorciellesorcielle Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by silveradond

I cancelled, and am playing very lightly till the end comes.
    Im not here cause im bored, im here looking at other players views, and will continue to look here for signs of the game improving.
    I find that reading about problems in a game is more enjoyable than playing the game, and i find that VERY DISTURBING.  i hate myself :(

ROFL !!!

I am in the exact same boat.  I have enjoyed reading about the rollout of this game far more than the game itself.  Mythic had a great hype machine.

I also agree with many of the posters that the 'magic' is missing.  I persoanlly think the dumbing down - what can I accomplish in an hour - is complete weaksauce.  I want a game where there are traps that can kill you.  Where there are ledges and lava and environments that are truly obstacles.. not quite platform style, but please.. something to keep my attention.  I want an AI.. any AI really.. WAR's AI is about the most retarded thing I have ever scene.. they aren't even mobs, they are more like mob placeholders.

I do think some companies are trying to push the envelope.. Chronicles of Spellborn comes to mind with the AI, and AION looks to have some new elements with the flying.. so all is not lost.  I just hope thse new releases learn something - that there still is a huge market for more hardcore gamers to be tapped.  There is more than enough competition for carebear players.

WAR is a failure... OK I finally came out and said it, but I think most people are just in the process of accepting this.

• ruffandreadyruffandready Member Posts: 4

WOW is great pvp ???  In case you don't know when I say WOW  i 'm  talking about WorldOfWarcraft !!

It is just terrible pvp no ifs ands or buts about it.

Daoc is heads above  any game as far as pvp goes,and since that was created by mythic, i'm  very sure  warhammer will have comparable pvp as daoc.

Right now there is just too many wow players and the sooner they leave the better imo. What did wow ever have to offer  other than a tedious pve grind to 60,and then more grinding to get the best armor, then what was there after that? It was level 60s comming in droves to Tarren Mills and Southshore ,and then came the tennis  rvr, back and forth from from TM to SS, SS to TN, and that was IT as far as rvr went when the game 1st came out. A little while later, came the scenarios, where you had to wait for hours just to get in as it allowed i think 40 players or 40 from each realm. Whooopee now  THAT was boring, not the pve, which  is just a necessary evil that allows you to be competative in rvr, and know that it's just temporary, and it matters not what the pve is like, what the mobs look like, or all this BS about  immersion into the game for crying out loud. If you want to your emotions affected that much by a GAME, then u had better start looking for help.             Now once the pve is done, the rvr  takes over,and that is what DID NOT happen for me in WOW.

So  i hope the WOW players will do the rest of us a favor and fade away, and leave the rest to enjoy RVR. 

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Ow sure, Daoc's RvR (I hesitate to say PvP) was way better than WOW's.... the problem is here .... Daoc's RvR was apparently way better than WAR's as well.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by ruffandready

WOW is great pvp ???  In case you don't know when I say WOW  i 'm  talking about WorldOfWarcraft !!
      It is just terrible pvp no ifs ands or buts about it.
    Daoc is heads above  any game as far as pvp goes,and since that was created by mythic, i'm  very sure  warhammer will have comparable pvp as daoc.
    Right now there is just too many wow players and the sooner they leave the better imo. What did wow ever have to offer  other than a tedious pve grind to 60,and then more grinding to get the best armor, then what was there after that? It was level 60s comming in droves to Tarren Mills and Southshore ,and then came the tennis  rvr, back and forth from from TM to SS, SS to TN, and that was IT as far as rvr went when the game 1st came out. A little while later, came the scenarios, where you had to wait for hours just to get in as it allowed i think 40 players or 40 from each realm. Whooopee now  THAT was boring, not the pve, which  is just a necessary evil that allows you to be competative in rvr, and know that it's just temporary, and it matters not what the pve is like, what the mobs look like, or all this BS about  immersion into the game for crying out loud. If you want to your emotions affected that much by a GAME, then u had better start looking for help.             Now once the pve is done, the rvr  takes over,and that is what DID NOT happen for me in WOW.
       So  i hope the WOW players will do the rest of us a favor and fade away, and leave the rest to enjoy RVR. 

Ironic

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Pheace

Ow sure, Daoc's RvR (I hesitate to say PvP) was way better than WOW's.... the problem is here .... Daoc's RvR was apparently way better than WAR's as well.

If someone has never played DAoC, It's gonna be hard to convince him/her that it was the same company who has made WAR

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...